Talib A Skin? (Update: re-signs with Patriots)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
spudstr04 wrote: Quality RT options

Did I miss a signing. I saw Trueblood and Pashos, but you can't really call either of those quality.

You never know... I'm not saying your concern is unwarranted, because it isn't. But you had Kory L on the bench last off-season, people can surprise you.

I think those guys are here for depth and to push Compton.

Still think Kory L would be best as or #6 OL as a backup to all interior spots, but that is on a perfect world. I think it would have hurt us last year but it would have helped in the long run. But that is just my opinion.

TB and Pashos might end up being an improvement over our RT last year our they might push MoHurt or Compton to take control of that spot. I had a problem with calling them quality when they are most likely just adequate or serviceable. And I realize that with the Mara cap hit that is our reality that we will have to gamble on guys to be serviceable, but expecting either of those two to be anything but serviceable is a pipe dream. Some pipe dreams come true, so you never know.

Hopefully, Compton or Hurt progress or we draft a better RT, but we may need to settle for just OK at RT this year. And as we sit right now at RT I think hoping for just OK is being optimistic.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Is Talib an upgrade over D Hall? Advanced Football stats had Hall as the fifth ranked CB last year (yes, I was shocked too) and Talib as the 77th ranked CB (they only ranked his games with Tampa).

I found your problem. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Is Talib an upgrade over D Hall? Advanced Football stats had Hall as the fifth ranked CB last year (yes, I was shocked too) and Talib as the 77th ranked CB (they only ranked his games with Tampa).

I found your problem. ;)

I realized that, but they didn't have his play from the Patroits listed (at least that I could find).

I was surprised that Hall and Wilson (#12) graded out so high. I thought that Hall played much better than a lot of people gave him credit for, but with both he and Wilson grading out so high I would assume that the folks at AFS put most of our passing defense problems on our safety or nickel back pay. I can't say that I disagree!

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I was surprised that Hall and Wilson (#12) graded out so high.

I mean, we did go on a 10 game winning streak.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:28 am

Film Breakdown of Redskins Hopeful Signing, Aqib Talib

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/3/14/4105 ... aqib-talib
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 am

@Manny_PPI: Patriots are not changing their offer... But Talib's market is not large, for obvious reasons. It's between 'Skins & Pats.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 am

This is a false alarm, btw. Chris Russell says his original tweet wasn't supposed to be seen as giving the report legitimacy. Some random moron just decided to put it out there on Twitter.

He should have been more clear that's what he was doing, though. Very easy to misinterpret.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 pm

That explains why I couldn't find anything about this any place else.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:That explains why I couldn't find anything about this any place else.

It was really bad form on the part of Chris Russell, IMHO. When you are a source for news, you have to be careful what you quote without context. Just retweeting someone, or retweeting them with an ambiguous add-on, looks like an endorsement of what they are saying.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:That explains why I couldn't find anything about this any place else.

It was really bad form on the part of Chris Russell, IMHO. When you are a source for news, you have to be careful what you quote without context. Just retweeting someone, or retweeting them with an ambiguous add-on, looks like an endorsement of what they are saying.

He doesn't strike me as the most tech-savvy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Not that I really expect anyone to know, but is there a status update? Obviously there's nothing on the major outlets just yet (definitive that is).

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 pm

I think that, with all things considered, Talib will stay in NE
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think that, with all things considered, Talib will stay in NE

Haven't they officially stopped all talks with him? I know they signed another CB, but the fact that NE hasn't signed Talib makes me wonder what that means for us.

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 am

Talib signed by NE, 1 yr. contract

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:Talib signed by NE, 1 yr. contract

as I thought :lol:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football