DRAFT Terrance Williams from Baylor

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm

The best coverage is a good pass rush!! So getting Orakpo back will help that a lot but are secondary still needs some work and someone to replace D hall! I feel like there is a lot more to adress than the WR position but if he is there late in the third which I highly doubt... I would snag him up!

piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm

The best coverage is a good pass rush!! So getting Orakpo back will help that a lot but are secondary still needs some work and someone to replace D hall! I feel like there is a lot more to adress than the WR position but if he is there late in the third which I highly doubt... I would snag him up!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm fairly sure we'll be looking at CBs, safety and RT before we go anywhere else
picking up a WR in the draft would be ONLY if that guy was VERY high on their boards and available late - highly unlikely
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 pm

To spend another 2nd round pick on a WR would be tough to swallow. We have wasted a couple 2nd round picks on WRs. Also a couple wasted picks in the first on WRs. I believe Gardener was a 1st if Im not mistaken?

Yeah its too risky to spend another 2nd rounder on a WR. DBs tend to pan out for the most part. Our luck with WRs has only recently been ok. Our late round picks have turned out OK. I like Aldrick Robinson who was a late round pick.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Gardner was a 1st rounder. He had 1 good season than stunk. Taylor Jacobs, can't forget him I believe he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and then we have Kelly and Thomas from a few seasons ago. Our track record with drafting WRs is about as good as Taylor Swift's track record with men. Stay away from them in the draft. Get me pass rushing DL and secondary help.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:09 pm

when considering 'our draft record' it is ONLY the past few drafts that can be used - dumb & dumber were in charge before

we are not taking a WR with one of our first 3 picks in this draft
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:when considering 'our draft record' it is ONLY the past few drafts that can be used - dumb & dumber were in charge before

we are not taking a WR with one of our first 3 picks in this draft

We probably need to be thinking about that soon though. CLL mentioned to possibility of A. Robinson being Moss's replacement in the next x yr(s)

I'm all about another solid WR but its a need we have the luxury of time with. Especially if we re-sign Davis.

Many have brought to attention the fact that Shanny loves to get RBs at every draft. I think that would be wise to extend Morris's longevity.

If someone exceptional is available to us though, I'd be ok with us getting a luxury pick. Never know what we might be without next year.

As Shanahan said, I'm all for "balancing need with best available player."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:Gardner was a 1st rounder. He had 1 good season than stunk. Taylor Jacobs, can't forget him I believe he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and then we have Kelly and Thomas from a few seasons ago. Our track record with drafting WRs is about as good as Taylor Swift's track record with men. Stay away from them in the draft. Get me pass rushing DL and secondary help.

Lets not forget old fist of fury Michael Westbrook!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:29 am

Different people drafting for us these days, folks. Stop living in the past.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:41 am

Deadskins wrote:Different people drafting for us these days, folks. Stop living in the past.

ding ding ding ... TA DA :celebrate:

Return to NFL Draft 2013