RT Jeremy Trueblood Signs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Coaches said last year that Compton is VERY talented but also very Raw.

I hate that line. To me its a contradiction but that's just my impatience talking :)

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:Look, I'm about the most optimistic guy I know... but you guys take it to an extreme. Anyone who thinks Tom Compton, Chase Minnefield or any of the other fringe NFL players we have on the roster are likely to contribute next season are dreaming. Seriously, take off your burgundy and gold blinders.

DarthMonk wrote:Here are our last two drafts followed by names I'm seeing a lot.

2011 Draft
1.16 Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
2.09 Jarvis Jenkins, DL, Clemson
3.15 Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
4.08 Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
5.15 Dejon Gomes, DB, Nebraska
5.24 Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
6.12 Evan Royster, RB, Penn St.
6.13 Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU
7.10 Brandyn Thompson, DB, Boise St.
7.14 Maurice Hurt, OL, Florida
7.21 Markus White, DE, Florida St.
7.50 Chris Neild, DT, West Virginia

2012 Draft
1.02 Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3.08 Josh LeRibeus, OG, Southern Methodist
4.07 Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
4.24 Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
5.06 Adam Gettis, OG, Iowa
6.03 Alfred Morris, RB, Florida Atlantic
6.23 Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
7.06 Richard Crawford, DB, Southern Methodist
7.10 Jordan Bernstine, CB, Iowa

I've bolded the player who have contributed in some shape or fashion since being brought in...

Kerrigan - probowler
Jarvis Jenkins - starter
Hankerson - played a lot last year
Helu - lead rusher in 2011/2012, got shutdown due to injury.
Gomes - in and out of the lineup, solid backup
Paul - work in progress, had some good returns at the end of the year
Aldrick - work in progress, had 2 AMAZING games and is improving
Mo Hurt - has seen playing time
Nield - played in rotation before injury
RGIII - ROTY
LeRiebus - played in a few games, i believe
Kirk - Kept the winning streak alive against the Super Bowl champs and won against the Browns in impressive fashion
Morris - single season rushing record as rookie
Crawford - set the team up for the game wining FG against Baltimore with an amazing punt return. took the duties over from banks. also had an interception against the cowboys at the end of the season.
Trent - probowler

I think it's you that need to realize that our drafts have been productive. You need to realize that it isn't that far fetched for one of our drafted players to contribute at a high level. You're stuck in the past. You assume that we're calling Compton a probowler... We're just saying that he is a potential starter for us. You need to wake up and realize the CURRENT state of this franchise. We have our own players now, people we drafted who are contributing and doing so effectively.

@#!*% , the board cried when we got Kory... Look where he's at now. People cried about our center, he was ranked as one of the top centers in the league last year and got snubbed for the probowl...

There it is...

We can all start panicing and complaining after the draft...there will be some who will, but majority of us will know we don't have to.

Try to take it this way, at RT, we have the LUXURY for once to not be forced into settling. We have dudes competing against each other for a starting RT role. What's so bad about that???

And now for the stinger...just because we "sign" someone now doesn't mean we HAVE to keep them. Produce or be cut!! I love it :)

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Shanny has been outstanding in finding talent for the Oline. I must say I have never heard of half of these guys yet they pan out. I was totally against Trent Williams over Okung but Williams has been a stud IMHO. Also the lower round picks have been more then sufficient. I trust Shannys signing and Allens.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Look, I'm about the most optimistic guy I know...

ROTFALMAO

If that's true, then you hang with some sad dudes.

but you guys take it to an extreme. Anyone who thinks Tom Compton, Chase Minnefield or any of the other fringe NFL players we have on the roster are likely to contribute next season are dreaming. Seriously, take off your burgundy and gold blinders.

A player who was scouted and drafted by this front office, made the team, and was promoted to the active roster in his FIRST year is hardly a "fringe" NFL player. Get your facts straight. As CLL and Darth drew for you in crayon, we have several players not named Tom Compton who were drafted, developed and who have contributed. Your inability to accept that fact is puzzling. And, your rampant suggestion that it would be an anamoly or wishful thinking to believe that Compton could compete for the job is even more disturbing. It's like your looking for an exception to what has been the norm recently with our draft. But, I guess you know best despite probably not even knowing who Tom Compton is and never have seen him practice or play a down in your life, except for the quick YouTube search you're likely do right after reading this.

If Tom Compton was likely to contribute this season. If they team thought he was ready why would their ONLY two free agent signings so far be for RTs? Explain that.

Because Tom Compton was the ONLY right tackle on the roster. You need more than one genius. Last I checked, Pashos and Trueblood were veterans coming off of injuries. They will be competing for a roster spot.

As a Redskins fan, I would LOVE it if Minnefield started and was a solid CB option. I would be overjoyed if Tom Compton came in and became a reliable RT. It would be amazing if Hankerson finally figured it all out and became an offensive weapon. I would be so happy if Tanard Jackson won the camp battle, with no preparation and no pre-season and got back to his old form...

But those are pipe dreams. They're not realistic.

Says who? You. That's it. You obviously will say any blanket statement--no matter how bare or ill informed--to support your position. But, you write as if you know what you're talking about. You don't. And as if your word is fact. It's not.

If you've been paying attention, several of our draft picks have come in and contributed. Even later round guys. Ever heard of Alfred Morris?? Richard Crawford?? Jordan Bernstine?? Dejon Gomes? Niles Paul? Aldrick Robinson? Seriously, dude WTF are you even talking about.

Tom Compton being developed into a contributor is not a pipe dream. It's the reason he was drafted. Why don't you learn to read between the lines. If this staff didn't believe that Compton had a realistic shot at contributing, why would they draft him, keep him on the team, elevate him to the active roster, then LET BOTH OTHER RIGHT TACKLES LEAVE WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO RE-SIGN THEM?? Get a grip.

It's just nonsense to sit around pining for those things to happen. It's nonsense to ignore the facts.
ROTFALMAO

You sound like an emotional wreck. How do you manage to walk around constantly in fear of the falling sky. :shock:

And, you never answered the question. What makes you confident that Trueblood is going to start? You know, other than your own OPINION which you apparently think is factual gold and anything else is a pipe dream. Aren't you the same dude who asked in another thread if NFL players could defer money into future years after leaving the team like in Major League Baseball?? But, now you're a football guru?

Stop. Really. Just chill out.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Look, I'm about the most optimistic guy I know...

ROTFALMAO

If that's true, then you hang with some sad dudes.

but you guys take it to an extreme. Anyone who thinks Tom Compton, Chase Minnefield or any of the other fringe NFL players we have on the roster are likely to contribute next season are dreaming. Seriously, take off your burgundy and gold blinders.

A player who was scouted and drafted by this front office, made the team, and was promoted to the active roster in his FIRST year is hardly a "fringe" NFL player. Get your facts straight. As CLL and Darth drew for you in crayon, we have several players not named Tom Compton who were drafted, developed and who have contributed. Your inability to accept that fact is puzzling. And, your rampant suggestion that it would be an anamoly or wishful thinking to believe that Compton could compete for the job is even more disturbing. It's like your looking for an exception to what has been the norm recently with our draft. But, I guess you know best despite probably not even knowing who Tom Compton is and never have seen him practice or play a down in your life, except for the quick YouTube search you're likely do right after reading this.

If Tom Compton was likely to contribute this season. If they team thought he was ready why would their ONLY two free agent signings so far be for RTs? Explain that.

Because Tom Compton was the ONLY right tackle on the roster. You need more than one genius. Last I checked, Pashos and Trueblood were veterans coming off of injuries. They will be competing for a roster spot.

As a Redskins fan, I would LOVE it if Minnefield started and was a solid CB option. I would be overjoyed if Tom Compton came in and became a reliable RT. It would be amazing if Hankerson finally figured it all out and became an offensive weapon. I would be so happy if Tanard Jackson won the camp battle, with no preparation and no pre-season and got back to his old form...

But those are pipe dreams. They're not realistic.

Says who? You. That's it. You obviously will say any blanket statement--no matter how bare or ill informed--to support your position. But, you write as if you know what you're talking about. You don't. And as if your word is fact. It's not.

If you've been paying attention, several of our draft picks have come in and contributed. Even later round guys. Ever heard of Alfred Morris?? Richard Crawford?? Jordan Bernstine?? Dejon Gomes? Niles Paul? Aldrick Robinson? Seriously, dude WTF are you even talking about.

Tom Compton being developed into a contributor is not a pipe dream. It's the reason he was drafted. Why don't you learn to read between the lines. If this staff didn't believe that Compton had a realistic shot at contributing, why would they draft him, keep him on the team, elevate him to the active roster, then LET BOTH OTHER RIGHT TACKLES LEAVE WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO RE-SIGN THEM?? Get a grip.

It's just nonsense to sit around pining for those things to happen. It's nonsense to ignore the facts.
ROTFALMAO

You sound like an emotional wreck. How do you manage to walk around constantly in fear of the falling sky. :shock:

And, you never answered the question. What makes you confident that Trueblood is going to start? You know, other than your own OPINION which you apparently think is factual gold and anything else is a pipe dream. Aren't you the same dude who asked in another thread if NFL players could defer money into future years after leaving the team like in Major League Baseball?? But, now you're a football guru?

Stop. Really. Just chill out.

ROTFL

Hogster is ripping it up tonight!!

All love to you Skinsfan55...nothing personal brother.

We've got a lot more to be excited about than worried...come on and join the party man. You see what we've done in 1.5yrs -$36 million in cap? Even if you can't be excited about 2013, dude look forward to 2014!!

At the moment, you're like an insurance agent's wet dream lol Stop worrying bro, things are looking great.

Sure we have a lot of guys with questionable reliability coming back from injury. Shanahan has been picking up players that if nothing else, they'd be rather good backups. The quality of our backups all around is beginning to look better and better and this is even BEFORE our seven picks in the draft.

Let all the team sign all the CB free agents they want. As long as we pick on one really good veteran I'm happy. That means a few extra players are just going to fall to us in the draft :)

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:26 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
At the moment, you're like an insurance agent's wet dream lol Stop worrying bro, things are looking great.

=D>

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:08 am

The Hogster wrote:As CLL and Darth drew for you in crayon, we have several players not named Tom Compton who were drafted, developed and who have contributed. Your inability to accept that fact is puzzling.

He just flat out skipped over my post and didn't respond to it. The truth hurts. :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:As CLL and Darth drew for you in crayon, we have several players not named Tom Compton who were drafted, developed and who have contributed. Your inability to accept that fact is puzzling.

He just flat out skipped over my post and didn't respond to it. The truth hurts. :lol:

+1

I mean, he's got nothin.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piglet

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Some comments from Bucs' fans:

- Nicknamed, "the Serial Drive Killer"

That made me laugh! :lol:

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:50 am

I wonder if having a RT with the same name as a vampire show will increase our fans in the females 15-35 demographic
No Pressure, No Diamonds

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:25 pm

brad7686 wrote:I wonder if having a RT with the same name as a vampire show will increase our fans in the females 15-35 demographic

Will it be possible to distinguish that from the bump RGIII gets us?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
brad7686 wrote:I wonder if having a RT with the same name as a vampire show will increase our fans in the females 15-35 demographic

Will it be possible to distinguish that from the bump RGIII gets us?

nah i think the rg3 bump absorbs everything.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Tyler Polumbus tweeted that he's returning to the team. I like this move. Polumbus, Pashos, Trueblood & Tom Compton will be competing for the job. Three of those guys have started at Right Tackle in the NFL. And, the other is a young, athletic guy with potential. Between the four of them, competition should result in a higher level of play than we got last year. Either Polumbus has to get better and prove it, or someone who is better will be over there.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football