Official Who We Should Draft Thread

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Eric Reid, S, LSU, 6-2 , 212 lbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmxHrsrsQs
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piglet

Postby Rayskins69 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one. And a blind man can see we need secondary help. But I feel we will address the secondary with vet minimums as soon as the dust settles with free agency. There are just a ton of CB and S out there right now. I would go offense with our 2nd rounder. Not just any offense but a Percy Harvin type, that can run the ball, slot reciever, out of the backfield receiver. I would love to get Tavon Austin out of WV if he is there or trade up a few picks if we have a shot at him. This guy will be a game changer. Also returns kicks. With him involved in this offense will continue to evolve. Just my .02 worth.

HTTR
Ray

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Rayskins69 wrote:I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one. And a blind man can see we need secondary help. But I feel we will address the secondary with vet minimums as soon as the dust settles with free agency. There are just a ton of CB and S out there right now. I would go offense with our 2nd rounder. Not just any offense but a Percy Harvin type, that can run the ball, slot reciever, out of the backfield receiver. I would love to get Tavon Austin out of WV if he is there or trade up a few picks if we have a shot at him. This guy will be a game changer. Also returns kicks. With him involved in this offense will continue to evolve. Just my .02 worth.... Ray

you may have a point here ...

we may find some guys that can help address some of our issues but as far as the draft is concerned I think we'll still be looking at defensive secondary

The RT is also a little more important than the WRs IMO - Aldrick Robinson, for one, needs to take it up a notch and I believe he will do that
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

You build a team through the draft!! Free agency is good if you need one specific type of player. But remember they are free agents for a reason 1 they want tones of money and the team they play for can't afford that or the team feels they don't deserve it. They don't feel they deserve it b/c of age or feel they can get a better deal drafting someone and molding them to their system. So It's slim and far few in between that a big time free agent pickup turns out to be the answer! This is a great class for secondary which is perfect for the SKINS!! This is one of the weakest drafts for WR!

piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Eric Reid, S, LSU, 6-2 , 212 lbs

I think this might be the man for us!!! He is that center field kinda guy we have been missing for the past few seasons!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm

I guess CB is now back at the top of our draft priority list!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:20 pm

skinsfb4life wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Eric Reid, S, LSU, 6-2 , 212 lbs

I think this might be the man for us!!! He is that center field kinda guy we have been missing for the past few seasons!!

Eric Reid is a beast. Would love to have him!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Most here have always felt that we would take a CB with the first 2 picks (OR maybe a CB & a safety) and a OL/RT with the 3rd pick

I don't think that priority has changed :lol:

I think the combination of returning players and an improved secondary takes care of the pass defense issues

both from a point of getting better pressure on the QB from the front 7 and getting better defensive coverage play from the back 7
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm

All these potential great draft picks with "character issues" who are "high risk."

PARENTS: Discipline your children; they might have to play for the Redskins one day :)

piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:All these potential great draft picks with "character issues" who are "high risk."

PARENTS: Discipline your children; they might have to play for the Redskins one day :)

Yeah the more I read up on potential players for us to draft with our first two picks the more I learn they have been in trouble. If it's not failing a drug test it's a DUI or Suspension for one reason or another.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:02 am

skinsfb4life wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:All these potential great draft picks with "character issues" who are "high risk."

Yeah the more I read up on potential players for us to draft with our first two picks the more I learn they have been in trouble. If it's not failing a drug test it's a DUI or Suspension for one reason or another.

I wouldn't mind us getting him at all. A corner or safety is fine with me.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Any opinions on Chris Harper (WR)?

I know we have bigger priorities than WR this draft...just hearing a small buzz about him this week.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 am

As shown with the Kirk Cousins pick, I hope that we continue to draft the Best Player Available.

Reaching for a position of need from where you're selecting is no good, trade down if that's the case.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:As shown with the Kirk Cousins pick, I hope that we continue to draft the Best Player Available.

Reaching for a position of need from where you're selecting is no good, trade down if that's the case.

Agreed.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm

depending on the fred davis situation, maybe we go TE second round?

Gavin Escobar maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljO2OScTeRI[/url]
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Return to NFL Draft 2013