Do No Harm?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Do No Harm?

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 am

I know Sally is not well-liked but the issue needs to be explored.

"Knee" thread seemed like not quite the right place.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... ml?hpid=z1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 am

She definitely has a point. But it's not like this is new ground she's breaking.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 pm

I tried to read it, but I just can't get through her hate mongering!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Sorry... Jenkins... all I hear is "blah, blah, spew.... more spew...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm

She has a point but sensationalizes it unnecessarily. She also makes the laughable assumption that NFL players should basically be held to the same standards as ordinary people who have ordinary jobs.

I think this is a serious issue that deserves a lot more discussion. The NFL is on the wrong side of player safety, IMHO, and is going to pay in the long-term for it — as they are already beginning to for the way players were treated in the '50s–'90s.

So, yes, this a great issue to bring up. Honestly I think the Redskins are at fault for the negligent treatment of RGIII's knee. Worth discussing. Jenkins' treatment of the whole thing, on the other hand . . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:12 am

Irn-Bru wrote:She has a point but sensationalizes it unnecessarily. She also makes the laughable assumption that NFL players should basically be held to the same standards as ordinary people who have ordinary jobs.

I think this is a serious issue that deserves a lot more discussion. The NFL is on the wrong side of player safety, IMHO, and is going to pay in the long-term for it — as they are already beginning to for the way players were treated in the '50s–'90s.

So, yes, this a great issue to bring up. Honestly I think the Redskins are at fault for the negligent treatment of RGIII's knee. Worth discussing.

Jenkins' treatment of the whole thing, on the other hand . . .

+ 1 - very well put FFA

all of this needs to be looked at and the NFL is VERY concerned about that ... unfortunately, Jenkins just has to try and hype it up - bitchy and shallow IMO

IMO - the NFL needs to give all those players from the past the medical insurance they deserve - they are going to really regret not being a lot more proactive
Hail to the Redskins

Return to Around the League