Our Salary Cap

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:06 pm

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 pm

you did know that the Redskins were not 'pushing' this .... didn't you?

I mean, most everyone realized this as soon as we started 'talking' with the players, just before Free Agency started :roll:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive soon, we have too many issues to address - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 am

SkinsJock wrote:you did know that the Redskins were not 'pushing' this .... didn't you?

I mean, most everyone realized this as soon as we started 'talking' with the players, just before Free Agency started :roll:

Yet according to the article no one in the Redskins organization will say it's over yet, and they all say they still hope to recover some of the penalty. So you're wrong to say they're not pushing it. It's more that they're dealing with it, while still pushing it in the background. Afyer next week's league meetings, though, it may truly be over.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:41 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
radi8 wrote:Just curious, is the Redskins Salary Cap page going to be updated anytime soon? I would love to see really where we stand with the recent FA signings and restructuring.

This weekend

How on Earth do you find all of the info and keep track of it?

The interweb, user groups, and lots of spreadsheets

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:
radi8 wrote:Just curious, is the Redskins Salary Cap page going to be updated anytime soon? I would love to see really where we stand with the recent FA signings and restructuring.

This weekend

Did you get a chance to do this yet?

Player's data is up to date some info is yet to be confirmed. and the cap totals need adjusting

SkinsJock wrote:I also have some questions ..

is this year's cap hit, some form of 'benefit' to us next year?

I have heard the term a "flat cap" used for 2014 - ??

I've noticed, there are a number of players signing 1 year deals this year - I think this means that there are going to be a lot of players 'available'

a whole LOT more :lol:

Not really a benefit, other than forcing the team to be accountable for past mistakes

The term flat cap was used for 2012 and 2013 also. The cap went up last year when it would have went down had it not been for capgate and was rumored to be flat at best in 2013... In the end, It went up almost $4M. Some players are taking one year deals in hopes of signing bigger deals in 2014 because of either past injuries or other issues that lowered the players value in 2013. Some teams are offering one year deals for the same reason or in hopes of resigning the player when they have more cap space in 2014. Some of these contracts are two or three years with the latter years voidable, for cap purposes.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 am

1niksder wrote:Player's data is up to date some info is yet to be confirmed. and the cap totals need adjusting

Why does London still show as $0 towards the 2013 cap?

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:Player's data is up to date some info is yet to be confirmed. and the cap totals need adjusting

Why does London still show as $0 towards the 2013 cap?

Because the heading hasn't been changed :oops: :)

I have him at $7.25M in 2013... could be as low as $6.2M
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am

And why is DeAngelo still listed?

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby radi8 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 pm

In the bottom "salary cap" section, is the positive value (A-F) good or bad? Also, can you help me read and understand the chart calculations.

I really do not understand where this comes from:

B. Washington Redskins Adjusted Cap: -4500000 †† With cap debits and credits applied

Also, why is the 2012 salary cap value being used?

Why is the 2012 salary column being referenced in the summary section?
Last edited by radi8 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:you did know that the Redskins were not 'pushing' this .... didn't you?

Yet according to the article no one in the Redskins organization will say it's over yet, and they all say they still hope to recover some of the penalty. So you're wrong to say they're not pushing it. It's more that they're dealing with it, while still pushing it in the background. Afyer next week's league meetings, though, it may truly be over.

:lol: OK - time will tell - most felt that the Redskins were hoping for some relief from the penalty before free agency

I'd love it if it happens but in reality I strongly doubt that this gets 'settled' ... it's over :roll:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive soon, we have too many issues to address - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Postby radi8 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm

With all due respect, the salary cap section cannot be right. There is NO way the Skins have 8M in cap space.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm

1niksder wrote:.... Some players are taking one year deals in hopes of signing bigger deals in 2014 because of either past injuries or other issues that lowered the players value in 2013.
Some teams are offering one year deals for the same reason or in hopes of resigning the player when they have more cap space in 2014.

Some of these contracts are two or three years with the latter years voidable, for cap purposes.

It seems to me that there are going to be a lot more players available next year than there have been ... many because they think they will 'play' themselves into a better deal

IMHO this will prove interesting ... many of them will have a lot more competition for that 'big' contract than they'd like

and

like most players, their idea of what they are worth is normally not even close to what their teams will pay them :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 am

one thing that is 'helping' the Redskins this year - it looks like there are going to be a number of older players that can give us a year at a reasonable price

much more emphasis these days on younger and faster

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:24 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

I can't believe that we have 3.2 million in space WITHOUT major restructures leading to more cap in the future years. Great job by Allen and crew.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm

spudstr04 wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

I can't believe that we have 3.2 million in space WITHOUT major restructures leading to more cap in the future years. Great job by Allen and crew.

LOL Cowboys have $51,000 in cap space. How can they even sign draft picks?

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:10 am

radi8 wrote:In the bottom "salary cap" section, is the positive value (A-F) good or bad? Also, can you help me read and understand the chart calculations.

I really do not understand where this comes from:

B. Washington Redskins Adjusted Cap: -4500000 †† With cap debits and credits applied

A positive value from (A-F) would be cap space or dollars under the cap so, that would be good... based on your post that followed this one I'm guessing you figured this out

radi8 wrote:Also, why is the 2012 salary cap value being used?

Why is the 2012 salary column being referenced in the summary section?

The Player's salaries are for 2013 but the headings and all "fixed numbers" are all still from last season.

radi8 wrote:With all due respect, the salary cap section cannot be right. There is NO way the Skins have 8M in cap space.

With all due respect this was addressed more than a month ago in this very thread.

Had you read that post you more yjan likely wouldn't have wondered about the adjusted cap number in the previous post as I'm sure your aware of the $18M cap hit they took last season at a time when the had $13M+ in 2012 carryover space.

Once the Salary Cap page bottom portion is updated it will show a adjusted cap of -$12,914,000 for 2013. Until the I keep updates in this thread, the person that makes those changes has way more on his hands than being worried about headings and numbers at the bottom of a page. I be pissed if he took the extended time it takes to make the updates with what he's dealing with.

On Feb 13th 2013 1niksder wrote:
fredp45 wrote:I'm back at this again......

We're still here... :D

fredp45 wrote:...everything I read says we have to absorb an $18 mil cap hit this year, as if our unused 12 cap (say $3.5 mil) doesn't apply against the 13 cap. I thought the orginial ruling was $36 mil and we had to absorb AT LEAST 18 mil last year, which we did. I argue we absored $18 plus the $3.5 -- am I wrong about the wording of the ruling or on the numbers, anyone know for sure?

You're reading, poor writing...

The Redskins have to account for the remaining $18M from the $36M cap penalty and they HAD $4.27M in carryover space. So $13.73M has been removed from the projected cap figure of $121.1M giving the Redskins a adjusted Cap figure for 2013 of $107.37M. Same thing happened last year when the $120.6M cap was adjusted to $116.45M due to $13.59M in 2011 carryover space.

Carryover cap space will have accounted for $17.86M of the penalty when all is said and done.

UPDATE

With 56 players under contract here are the Redskins Cap numbers

2013 Salary Cap... $121,100,000
Carryover... $4,270,000
CapGate... -$18,000,000
Adjusted Cap Number ...$107,370,000

Cash Floor... $107,779,000
Cash to spend... $26,253,000

Rule Of 51,,, $106,001,750
2013 Dead Cap,,, $5,210,000
Cap Space Spent,,, $111,211,750

Space Available -$3,841,750

Just like Fred had a question and asked it... as a member of this board if you have a salary cap question, I'll answer it and keep answering the followups until you bet the understanding you are looking for. IF :roll: I don't have the answer I'll find it for you.

Hope this clears everything up for you.

HTTR

Some of the fixed numbers in my Feb post need to be updated because the cap that reportedly was flat and wasn't going to rise, went up more than I perdicted.

Here is what I had a week ago.... the changes are highlighted

With 69 players under contract here are the Redskins Cap numbers

2013 Salary Cap... $131,900,000
Carryover... $4,270,000
CapGate... -$18,000,000
Adjusted Cap Number ...$110,986,000

Cash Floor... 110,271,000
Cash to spend... $23,903,000 - 2013 Signing Bonuses

Rule Of 51,,, $102,141,675 + $31,750
2013 Dead Cap,,, $5,513,560
Cap Space Spent,,, $107,655,235

Space Available $3,299,015
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football