Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 am

Quite frankly, he might be safer in Texas than he would be in DC. They really, really LOVE him in Texas. There are more anti Skins/pro-ttit fans in the DMV who aren't texas football fans, than there are non-RGIII fans in all of Texas.

Remember he went to Baylor and won a heisman.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 am

The interview is a little wide ranging, but the article snippet is about Griffin.

I love everything about this (especially the last 2 sentences), except perhaps the probable delay in some of Griffin's development. Let's be honest he's going to get better even without being 100% healthy when OTAs start, but he won't get as better (yeah, yeah). Mike taking a firm "No go unless 100%" is exactly the approach I'd hoped he'd take.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... 00-percent
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 am

I hope that both Mike and RG3 want RG3 to be as good as he can be - that only happens if both have learnt a lot from what happened last season

and

for RG3 to be completely rehabbed from this operation

Dr Andrews operations on athletes has actually improved since he did Peterson's deal
RG3 is an olympic level athlete and will be getting himself fully rehabbed and ready

he will not be allowed to put that knee at risk - given the type of operation and the IMPROVED methods used - RG3's knee is NOT going to be a factor

I look for RG3 to be starting - because he's going to be ready to go and it makes no sense not to play your best QB - when he's completely healed

RG3 really needs to do a much better job of protecting himself than he did - he needs to 'play' in order to properly learn to do that

we have heard nothing to indicate that he will not be ready for opening day - and we know that he will be doing EVERYTHING he can to do just that

Mike Shanahan will be doing what he does - lying and misleading everyone to try and get an edge, like his buddy Belicheat
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
he will not be allowed to put that knee at risk - given the type of operation and the IMPROVED methods used - RG3's knee is NOT going to be a factor

RG3 really needs to do a much better job of protecting himself than he did - he needs to 'play' in order to properly learn to do that

Mike Shanahan will be doing what he does - lying and misleading everyone to try and get an edge, like his buddy Belicheat

Trimmed your comment so that it shows what I'm replying to...

Not being negative here, but it definitely is a fear in the back of my mind that even though I believe, as well, that RG3 will be 100% or stronger this year, let us not forget they borrowed "parts" from his other knee again.

How many more times can he do this?

My thoughts right now are simply that we would "extend" his career as long as possible. He may very well have a long and productive career and that's my greatest hope for him...but if history repeats itself, that might not be possible. So I'm hoping for the best while handling my own fears.

Shanny will keep giving good responses to the media just because that's the nature of the media game. LOL funny thought, can you imagine how freaked out we would be if Shanahan was on the news crying and screaming "OMG!! Dude is jacked up man!!"

Everyone, including myself, would down there ready to lynch the entire FO.

Media thrives on our fear, anger, and self-righteousness ("look at all the bad guys and what they're doing"). If everyone in the news was all happy happy joy joy we'd probably see a more cautious Shanahan w/ the optimism. All about balance in dealing with people's expectations.

Of course once the news freaks everyone out to get the ratings they need, they move on to the next thing...which is anything that scares or pisses off Redskins fans (talking in the context of negative articles directed towards the Redskins).

Sometimes, with enough caffeine and chocolate, you get a happy story :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 am

in another thread, Chris points to a slightly different point "where would we be, IF RG3 had taken himself out of the game ... " - he'd be available to help with the OTAs and the 'new' offense that I think we're going to see .. AND .. we would not be hoping that he will be ready to play on opening day - we might even have won that game .... :shock:

true dat ... but ... that did not happen and we have to move on

RG3 HAS TO LEARN A BIG LESSON FROM WHAT HE's DONE - to himself, to his coach and to his team

I think he has but that will not be clear until we see him in action again

ALSO

the ONE good thing about having the operation is that Dr Andrews was also able to "fix" or "improve" the operation that was done in 2009

from all we've heard about these operations and from what we've seen from AP who had a similar operation by Dr Andrews a whole year before - RG3 will be fine

I know I'm VERY optimistic but this is a very special athlete and I think we're going to see that he's 'grown up' and learned a BIG LESSON from all this

HE HAS TO :D
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am

SkinsJock wrote:in another thread, Chris points to a slightly different point "where would we be, IF RG3 had taken himself out of the game ... " - he'd be available to help with the OTAs and the 'new' offense that I think we're going to see .. AND .. we would not be hoping that he will be ready to play on opening day - we might even have won that game .... :shock:

Is this even true? No doubt RGIII worsened the injury by staying in, but it seems pretty clear that his knee was damaged even before the game. This is admittedly just a guess on my part, but I would bet he was facing some kind of off-season surgery either way.

Count me in the RGIII optimists camp though on his bouncing back.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:36 am

riggofan wrote:No doubt RGIII worsened the injury by staying in, but it seems pretty clear that his knee was damaged even before the game.

Worsened, is putting it lightly lol. Pre-game, we were still dealing with a strained ligament. Post-game, ruined the existing knee and setback his other knee cus they need parts for the reconstruction. Big difference.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

SkinsJock wrote:in another thread, Chris points to a slightly different point "where would we be, IF RG3 had taken himself out of the game ... " - he'd be available to help with the OTAs and the 'new' offense that I think we're going to see .. AND .. we would not be hoping that he will be ready to play on opening day - we might even have won that game .... :shock:

We don't necessarily know that. After the reinjury, early in the game, he may still have required off-season surgery. There is no way of knowing what might have been had he been pulled at that point.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:54 am

riggofan wrote:

Is this even true? No doubt RGIII worsened the injury by staying in, but it seems pretty clear that his knee was damaged even before the game. This is admittedly just a guess on my part, but I would bet he was facing some kind of off-season surgery either way.

Count me in the RGIII optimists camp though on his bouncing back.

I guess I should have read all the new posts before responding to SJ, because I thought the exact same thing. I'm sure he will bounce back, but like CLL, I'm worried about a reversion to instinctive behavior in the heat of battle when it comes to protecting himself.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 am

Deadskins wrote:We don't necessarily know that. After the reinjury, early in the game, he may still have required off-season surgery. There is no way of knowing what might have been had he been pulled at that point.

If he had been pulled at the half, the coaches have time to adjust the game for Kirk. Kirk is then given time to adjust to the game and get into a rhythm. Regardless if RGIII had destroyed the knee at that point, the team still would have had a legit chance to continue in the playoffs.

RGIII not leaving the game until he completely destroyed the knee removed any chance. It was obvious to anyone watching that he was done and the offense was stalled.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:03 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:We don't necessarily know that. After the reinjury, early in the game, he may still have required off-season surgery. There is no way of knowing what might have been had he been pulled at that point.

If he had been pulled at the half, the coaches have time to adjust the game for Kirk. Kirk is then given time to adjust to the game and get into a rhythm. Regardless if RGIII had destroyed the knee at that point, the team still would have had a legit chance to continue in the playoffs.

RGIII not leaving the game until he completely destroyed the knee removed any chance. It was obvious to anyone watching that he was done and the offense was stalled.

I totally agree. I was commenting on his being able to help us with OTAs this year.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am

Deadskins wrote:I totally agree. I was commenting on his being able to help us with OTAs this year.

Great point and I agree, sorry for the mix up. I think it's safe to assume that if he had been pulled, even if it did require surgery it wouldn't have been as invasive. Maybe he misses OTA's but he'd be there for camp. Something like that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Post-game, ruined the existing knee and setback his other knee cus they need parts for the reconstruction.

They said it was strained, but there is speculation that the injury was more serious all along, and might have still required off-season surgery. As for the other knee, I thought I read that the part that was borrowed regenerates with time, so that after a year or so, it's completely healed (and could be borrowed again :shock: ).

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Post-game, ruined the existing knee and setback his other knee cus they need parts for the reconstruction.

They said it was strained, but there is speculation that the injury was more serious all along, and might have still required off-season surgery. As for the other knee, I thought I read that the part that was borrowed regenerates with time, so that after a year or so, it's completely healed (and could be borrowed again :shock: ).

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

That's news to me, too. Good news, mind you.

I agree that he should have come out at the half. I also think that if he had, we win that game.

I also think that Griffin is one of the smartest and gutsiest players I've heard about and certainly that have played for our team. It is my belief (supported not one real shred of evidence other than anecdotal) that the biggest rehab and deepest improvement that will result from what he is dealing with now, will be his maturation when it comes to protecting himself. Above all else, I fully expect to see a better developed sense of when to push for that extra inch and when not to. Personally, I sense that that end result of the injury will be that this growth takes place exponentially faster than it otherwise would have. Its one thing to learn by listening, its another to learn by suffering the consequences of not having learned something in the first place.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football