Thoughts on Django Unchained

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Thoughts on Django Unchained

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 pm

NO....this ain't the Unchained Melody, but it seems to be a very interesting movie. A few questions:

1. is it historically accurate about slavery and race relations of the time?
2. will you see it for the entertainment value? (I'll watch just to see Kerry Washington - HOT HOT HOT)
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Re: Thoughts on Django Unchained

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:56 am

tribeofjudah wrote:NO....this ain't the Unchained Melody, but it seems to be a very interesting movie. A few questions:

2. will you see it for the entertainment value? (I'll watch just to see Kerry Washington - HOT HOT HOT)

I saw it when it first came out, I loved it personally.
I liked the idea of the German being the rescuer, the idea of a slave turned freeman/bounty hunter, and I like the getting Capt. Save a Girl stuff at the end too. GREAT FICTION!!!

1. Was it historically accurate about slavery and race relations I have no clue.. and going into it I didn't really think about it. When the whips started going though, I cringed at the thought and it wasn't a black/white thing for me, it was a human reaction like damn, how can you do that to somebody.

2. Totally entertainment value!!! If I wanted history, I'd go watch North & South (GREATEST BOOK AND TV-MINI SERIES EVER!!).. Jamie Fox acted his ass(et) off and Kerry Washington did a great job too. I really liked the German guy though, that actor was awesome. Leonardo DeRetardo.. only gets better with every movie he does, one of the best right now.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Re: Thoughts on Django Unchained

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:NO....this ain't the Unchained Melody, but it seems to be a very interesting movie. A few questions:

I saw it when it first came out, I loved it personally.
I liked the idea of the German being the rescuer, the idea of a slave turned freeman/bounty hunter, and I like the getting Capt. Save a Girl stuff at the end too. GREAT FICTION!!!

1. Was it historically accurate about slavery and race relations I have no clue.. and going into it I didn't really think about it. When the whips started going though, I cringed at the thought and it wasn't a black/white thing for me, it was a human reaction like damn, how can you do that to somebody.

2. Totally entertainment value!!! If I wanted history, I'd go watch North & South (GREATEST BOOK AND TV-MINI SERIES EVER!!).. Jamie Fox acted his ass(et) off and Kerry Washington did a great job too. I really liked the German guy though, that actor was awesome. Leonardo DeRetardo.. only gets better with every movie he does, one of the best right now.

I also saw it when it first came out. I'd say the race relations were accurate enough. But the movie is total fiction, for purely entertainment purposes only.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to The Lounge