Is Tim Tebow Gay?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 am

cleg wrote:Who cares. Probably 5-10% of nfl players are gay. So what?

As an attorney might say - "Asked and answered."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 pm

+1

Apparently some people care......a lot.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:24 pm

The Hogster wrote:

+1

Apparently some people care......a lot.

Apparently those who care the most in NFL circles are those who interview potential draft picks as well as players themselves. I believe there has never been an openly gay player in the NFL. I guess cuz no one cares?

:hmm:

In the general populace a great many attorneys care. There will probably be a huge amount of new law surrounding this issue in the coming decade.

Among NFL fans the following groups figure to care a lot:

Anti-gay Christians - if Tebow comes out they will have to re-calibrate one way or another.

Gay-tolerant Christians - Tebow would be their poster child.

BTW - I ran across all this when looking into Tebow's highly publicized sermon he was scheduled to give on Easter. Many called for Goodell to get involved. Tebow ended up canceling. Turns out the church was very aggressively anti-gay. That may or may not have been an issue.

WP~

Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) took a terrific, brave step in announcing his support for same-sex marriage, citing the example of his gay son. But here’s the missing piece in the current gay-rights debate: When Portman’s son graduates from Yale, no federal law will prevent an employer from denying him a job because of his sexual orientation. If Will Portman or a classmate came out of the closet after being hired, they could be fired for being gay.

Really? you may ask. If so, you’re not alone in your incredulity. Polls show that nine in 10 Americans believe that such basic anti-discrimination protections are already in place.

They’re not. The federal law that prohibits employers from discriminating against workers based on race, gender or religion does not extend to sexual orientation. So a company that doesn’t want gay employees can refuse to hire them, decline to promote them, pay them less, ignore their being harassed or fire them for being gay — without fear, in more than half the states, of legal consequences.

So do I care what Tebow doew in his private life? No.

Is this issue extremely important to the NFL and apparently pretty much all players gay or straight? Apparently. That's what history says anyway.

I expect some BS replies but that's fine. This issue will continue to force it's way into the news with or without my help. It's less about Tebow and more about the whole issue but of all people to come out as gay, Tebow would be the blockbuster.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 pm

... so continues DM's monologue in search of a point...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Countertrey wrote:... so continues DM's monologue in search of a point...

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO

+1

He's balls deep into this one. Come up for air Darth.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:PS - I actually thought you might be one of the ones who care since I see a lot of your posts calling people gay.

:-k

I lol'd.

For good reason. At the risk of appearing g** I used the search function and discovered this:

# of posts authored = 6800+

# containing g word = 74

So waddup Hogman? I start a thread you don't care about and you start calling another guy gay ... again ... and again ... Oh wait, you don't call people gay, you call their posts gay ... you know ... like this

The Hogster wrote:U R GAY

... since we're off topic and all.

Whateva.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League