Carriker setback

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**ch44

Carriker setback

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

piglet

Re: Carriker setback

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4180/adam-carriker

wonder why they're just letting this out now, if it happened at the end of the season?

a torn quad has to be painful...ouch!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Bee_Skins_Fan wrote:

wonder why they're just letting this out now, if it happened at the end of the season?

I was thinking the same thing. That doesn't sit well with me that they're just now addressing it as if the situation is just as bad as it was when it happened.

SkinsJock is all about our front 7...I'm sure he'll hit the fan about this as well :evil:

Of course, and I'm just saying what most of us are probably already thinking, what else aren't they telling us?

Let the conspiracy theories begin :twisted:

But seriously, that sucks about Carriker...I hope he's 100% soon!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm

I tore a quad at the age of 22... it was 3 years before I could sprint without provoking an excuciating spasm...

Not good. Hope he heals a lot faster than I.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:42 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Bee_Skins_Fan wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. That doesn't sit well with me that they're just now addressing it as if the situation is just as bad as it was when it happened.

SkinsJock is all about our front 7...I'm sure he'll hit the fan about this as well :evil:

Of course, and I'm just saying what most of us are probably already thinking, what else aren't they telling us?

Sooooo... how would the situation be changed if you knew in December? I mean seriously... this causes you distress???? Really?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Bee_Skins_Fan wrote:

Sooooo... how would the situation be changed if you knew in December? I mean seriously... this causes you distress???? Really?

for me personally, it's just weird that we get the Rg3 updates 2/week and nobody talks about this, especially since they just re-did AC's contract. Not even a tweet that I remember before.

Maybe they'll use those dry needles to speed his recovery.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Bee_Skins_Fan wrote:

I gave the reasons for distress in my comment.

1. "they're just now addressing it as if the situation is just as bad as it was when it happened."
2. "what else aren't they telling us?"

I'm not distressed about not knowing in December, but rather that things are obviously not looking too great for Carriker (since then).

As for the second reason, some of us have slowly began to have trust in Shanahan's updates to reporters.

"Its mostly the brace", "the knee bothers him just a little bit"...we learned in time that the knee bothered him a bit more than just a little bit and it wasn't because of that brace.

Not catastrophically thinking here; just referring to credibility. When there's a recent history of reservation against someone's credibility, all it takes is a reasonable doubt to stir up the mistrust/concern.

That's human nature, otherwise we'd all be naive.

Postby yupchagee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Quads usually heal a lot faster tham Hammys. Better blood flow.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 am

yupchagee wrote:Quads usually heal a lot faster tham Hammys. Better blood flow.

which is why you never want to injure your achilles. ugh. good luck fred.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:56 am

brad7686 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:Quads usually heal a lot faster tham Hammys. Better blood flow.

which is why you never want to injure your achilles. ugh. good luck fred.

Handful of years back, a friend of mine was playing beach volleyball at this bonfire party.

Snaped his achilles...I'll never forget that snap/rip sound. Always makes me think of it if my heel is ever sore. Nasty

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 am

Countertrey wrote:Sooooo... how would the situation be changed if you knew in December? I mean seriously... this causes you distress???? Really?

This.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 am

I'm always amused when people find out that Shanny didn't tell the media the truth about an injury. What incentive does he have to tell the media the full our even accurate story. I would be making crap up left and right if I was in his shoes. I always assume that whatever he says about an injury is not an accurate representation a and I'm fine with that.

Heck do you no the number of NHL coaches that tell the media the truth about injuries. I do. It is ZERO! No NHL coach is honest about injuries with the media, because it isn't in their best interest to be honest. If you are a hockey fan you accept that. So why do we get up set with an NFL coach when they do the same thing (and most do).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:49 am

Most here already know; the ONLY time Mike is telling lies about his players is when he's talking about them
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 am

REPOST from another thread, just to spread the word:

All,

As some of you may or may not know, Mark (BossHog) suffered a heart attack about a week ago and will be out of work for a while. Mark started www.thehogs.net in August 2002 to provide Redskins fans a place to voice their opinion and share their thoughts, and all for free. Mark doesn't get paid for his services here, but I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and effort he has and continues to put into this website. Mark gets to see firsthand everyday, Redskins fans coming together for the cause, whether it be to discuss a potential FA signing, a trade on the horizon, or the upcoming season. Now its time for us to come together again and show our support for Mark.

I was thinking earlier today that it would be a fun and a great way to give back to Mark to have a NCAA Bracket Challenge to raise some funds to donate to Mark to help him out during his recovery. The bracket challenge will be hosted through Yahoo! (so you will need a user ID & password if you don't already). To enter, donations will be accepted ($5 minimum) and all proceeds will be given to Mark. The winner (as determined by Yahoo! scoring) will receive a $25 Lowe's or Best Buy gift card that was donated (winner can choose).

I don't know Mark outside of this website and Twitter, but I am thankful for this site, as well as all the information and discussions it has provided. Others that know Mark, please add anything you'd like to point out about Mark, as I know I missed everything.

If you're interested in joining in to support the cause or have any questions, please DM me through this website or Twitter (@farmstrong82). The instructions on how you can make a donation (via PayPal) are below as well.

Below are just a few of the important points about the bracket:

- The First Four games (Tues/Wed nights) are not counted in the bracket.
- Deadline to submit your bracket is 12:15pm EDT on Thursday, March 21. You must complete all you pick's by this time.
- To be eligible for the gift card, you must submit your bracket by the above deadline and make the minimum donation before the start of the games on Friday 3/22.
- Yahoo! also has a special promotion, and if you register and your bracket is the highest-scoring bracket among all eligible players participating in the promotion (not just our group), you will win a cool $10,000 (not from me and not affiliated with this fundraiser). See the Yahoo! Official Rules for all information.

If you're interested in participating in the bracket, the information is right here. Go to the Yahoo! Tourney Pick'Em homepage (http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... /joingroup) and click on "Join Group". Then login into your Yahoo! account and enter the information below:

Group ID#: 154932
PW: bosshog

Once you have registered and you're ready to make a donation, or would just like to make a donation without entering a bracket, please follow the link below. If you want to be eligible for the $25 gift card, when making your donation please include the name of the bracket you are entering in the "note" section.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... TPMXHPP5D8

** This was discussed with Mark prior to posting **
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football