The Situation so Far: Defense

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 pm

I EXPECT him to contribute.. back up, nickel, spell, or ST don't matter. His drive and hunger after not being drafted being any indication- my expectations are realistic.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:14 pm

IF Chase makes the roster he will have to show that he can help our secondary

that being said - he's only making the roster if he earns it and we can use all the players we can find that will 'upgrade' our secondary

I think he's going to be on the roster and that's not a miracle IMO - that's a player you'd like to have :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Can we at least just agree that if Minnefield makes any contribution to the 2013 Redskins it will be a huge miracle?

Dear Mr Optimist:

NO.

My feeling since he was signed was that Shanahan is making an investment... this kid was NOT released for a reason. I don't believe he is a project. And I don't believe that "any contribution" will be a "miracle"... much less a "huge miracle".

I project that Chase Minnifield will be a surprise to many... but not to me.
The best I can give you is, any contribution from Minnefieldd will be a bonus... and any exceptional contributions can be classified as a "huge bonus".

If Shanahan turns out to be right... he's a genius. If he's wrong about this kid... hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained... no big. This is a low risk/high potential reward situation if there ever was one. I'm betting on Shanahan... and Chase Minnifield... on this one...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Can we at least just agree that if Minnefield makes any contribution to the 2013 Redskins it will be a huge miracle?

Last off-season you would have tried to say the same thing about...

Alfred Morris a 6th round pick breaking the single season rushing record...
Polumbus
Kory coming back with a gimpy knee
Rob Jackson subbing for Orakpo
Paulsen
And more...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Countertrey wrote:

Dear Mr Optimist:

NO.

My feeling since he was signed was that Shanahan is making an investment... this kid was NOT released for a reason. I don't believe he is a project. And I don't believe that "any contribution" will be a "miracle"... much less a "huge miracle".

The best I can give you is, any contribution from Minnefieldd will be a bonus... and any exceptional contributions can be classified as a "huge bonus".

If Shanahan turns out to be right... he's a genius. If he's wrong about this kid... hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained... no big. This is a low risk/high potential reward situation if there ever was one. I'm betting on Shanahan... and Chase Minnifield... on this one...

So wait, he's an investment... but not a project? He'll surprise a lot of people, but not you. Because, you know that he'll be a success. You should work for a pro football team because 32 teams passed on him, not once, not twice but thrice. Obviously they could benefit from your wisdom.

Then, despite all the nonsense you wrote, you say it's a low risk-high reward type signing. You hit the nail on the head despite bumbling around the obvious point. The Redskins took a flyer on him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, contrary to what you said. He actually WAS released. Rather waived when the team realized he was still riddled with injuries. No one took him off waivers so rather than throw away a potentially useful player the team kept him on IR since it cost nothing and they could give him a chance to get healthy.

All these people pining for Minnifield or talking about him like he's a known quantity are ridiculous. It's like saying Darius Hanks is going to become a starter next season or any other baseless claim about the team. Start thinking in facts. Minnifield has a HUGE climb in order to become an NFL starter. He's got to get healthy (microfracture surgery is no joke), then he's got to beat out the competition and play at a high level without re-injuring himself. Acting like he's a sure thing is idiotic.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Getting you to stop whining would be a miracle. Having Democrats and Republicans get things done in Washington would be a miracle. The Jacksonville Jaguars winning the Superbowl would be a miracle.

Having a player (who sat out a whole year) recover from microfracture surgery and get onto the field enough to contribute is not a miracle. He would not have been kept around if it would take a miracle.
Last edited by The Hogster on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:

Dear Mr Optimist:

NO.

+1

This says it all.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote: .... Minnifield has a HUGE climb in order to become an NFL starter. He's got to get healthy (microfracture surgery is no joke), then he's got to beat out the competition and play at a high level without re-injuring himself. Acting like he's a sure thing is idiotic.

so ... who is saying that Minnifield is a starting CB? - he has shown that he's possibly capable of helping at a position of need is all

we all understand that he has to earn his way onto the roster - so does EVERYBODY

please identify just who is "acting like he's a sure thing ..."

thanks
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:He's got to get healthy (microfracture surgery is no joke)

He's already done that. You didn't read the quotes from the article in the other thread?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Countertrey wrote:

Dear Mr Optimist:

NO.

^^^^

And there you have it....

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote: .... Minnifield has a HUGE climb in order to become an NFL starter. He's got to get healthy (microfracture surgery is no joke), then he's got to beat out the competition and play at a high level without re-injuring himself. Acting like he's a sure thing is idiotic.

so ... who is saying that Minnifield is a starting CB? - he has shown that he's possibly capable of helping at a position of need is all

we all understand that he has to earn his way onto the roster - so does EVERYBODY

please identify just who is "acting like he's a sure thing ..."

thanks

Exactly. Especially when dude is acting like its a sure thing he's a bust.

Hypocritical

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm

One man's hypocrite is obviously another's optimist...

in some universe...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere....

Good news about Minnifield, hope he becomes dangerous:
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... contribute

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football