Mike wants Rex Grossman to be in DC

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Mike wants Rex Grossman to be in DC

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:20 pm

AND ... so do I :lol:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ssman-back

Rex has shown that he's VERY willing to help these 2 young QBs and IMO he's an asset

I hope he never has to play a regular season game but I think he's a big help to both Kirk and Bob :wink:
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:35 pm

No doubt.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Meh...

but, that's just my opinion.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 am

In a cap tight season, I would keep only two QBs on the roster and Rex would not be one of them.

If Rex had had any value left, there are plenty of desperate teams in need of serviceable or even backup QBs who would have recognised what he can bring to the field:

50% / 50%

enough plays to win a game and enough plays to lose it too ... in that order, unfortunately. :cry:

Other teams will look elsewhere and I assume we may only bring him in at a minimum salary.

Retirement thoughts?
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:11 am

i would like to see him a round as well. I really dont have an issue with rex. he won some games with a far less superior team than bob and kirk and has a good attitude....cant complain much
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:00 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:I assume we may only bring him in at a minimum salary.

I think it's almost exactly a million $.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:40 am

I'd take a mil to sit on my backside all year.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:In a cap tight season, I would keep only two QBs on the roster and Rex would not be one of them.

That's my feeling as well, but since RGIII is injured right now, I might sign Rex to a vet minimum deal, and then cut him once you're sure RGIII is ready to go.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:31 pm

If the vet minimum wasn't so high for a guy his age, or if we weren't in Mara-imposed cap hell, I'd say of course bring him back. But the reality is that we have two starting-caliber quarterbacks and don't need a $1 million third stringer on the bench.

If we lose both QBs to injury, just put Sav Rocca back there to perform some running kicks.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Let him retire then give hire him as a coach.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:58 am

Irn-Bru wrote:If the vet minimum wasn't so high for a guy his age, or if we weren't in Mara-imposed cap hell, I'd say of course bring him back. But the reality is that we have two starting-caliber quarterbacks and don't need a $1 million third stringer on the bench.

If we lose both QBs to injury, just put Sav Rocca back there to perform some running kicks.

I agree that we don't need 3 QBs but we do need 2 QBs and we will not have RG3 for OTAs and ....

I think that Rex is here but ... given our situation, he might not be here when RG3 is 100%
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 am

cleg wrote:Let him retire then give hire him as a coach.

That's a good idea. That's basically what he is. If RGIII were healthy and if Rex was interested in that, I think that would be a good move, assuming that Bill Lazor isn't considered a better QB coach. But, as of right now, if RGIII doesn't start the season, or goes down again, we need a guy who can be a player coach.

I think they said Darrell Young was our emergency QB a few times last year.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 pm

The Hogster wrote:

That's a good idea. That's basically what he is. If RGIII were healthy and if Rex was interested in that, I think that would be a good move, assuming that Bill Lazor isn't considered a better QB coach. But, as of right now, if RGIII doesn't start the season, or goes down again, we need a guy who can be a player coach.

I think they said Darrell Young was our emergency QB a few times last year.

They should add in some trick pass plays with Darrell Young. Read option w/ an additional FB passer would be pretty nasty.

LBs would have to stay closer, CB/DBs would have to go deeper...nice open mid-range section.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am

The Hogster wrote:

That's a good idea. That's basically what he is. ............. if RGIII doesn't start the season, or goes down again, we need a guy who can be a player coach.

That's exactly what this signing would be.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 am

If resigning Rex doesn't prevent us from making other moves, it's a non-issue. Actually, he should be resigned. You need 3 QB's. What if Kirk gets hurt during camp and RGIII won't be ready till November?

You need a backup plan for your backup plan. Rex is the best option if Kirk goes down. If he isn't on the team and we tank because of some random rookie, you'll want Mike strung up by his toes. And you'll magically forget that you recommended the very thing you're crucifying him for just a few months back...

But this is why I like Mike. He does what he feels best and will flip anyone who disagree's the bird. Afterall, the fan base wanted the entire coaching staff fired and blown away. The fan base wanted a new HC for RGIII this year... LOL Mike, keep doing what you feel is best, keep serving up that crow.

People hated the Kirk acquisition last year... Mike got nailed by the local and national media... People here felt it was a wasted pick because we need offensive linemen... Let Mike do his thing, if he wants Rex back, so be it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football