Fred Davis (resign him now)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:53 am

SkinsJock wrote:the Shanaplan is going to be looked at and respected for a long time

And it's not surprising. If your the type of person who can past the tip of your nose, you could see that they were headed in the right direction. There's plenty of crow to be served for those who wanted Bruce, Mike and even Haz gone. Snyder had the mentality of many of those on this board, as fan and you can't be successful being a fan. I'm glad that he's sat back with the right people in hand and let something materialize. His patience was rewarded last year. He accomplished something greater than he ever has as an owner. Last season reinforced his new way of conducting operations and there's still room for improvement.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:the Shanaplan is going to be looked at and respected for a long time

And it's not surprising. If your the type of person who can past the tip of your nose, you could see that they were headed in the right direction. There's plenty of crow to be served for those who wanted Bruce, Mike and even Haz gone. Snyder had the mentality of many of those on this board, as fan and you can't be successful being a fan. I'm glad that he's sat back with the right people in hand and let something materialize. His patience was rewarded last year. He accomplished something greater than he ever has as an owner. Last season reinforced his new way of conducting operations and there's still room for improvement.

Well after how many years it's about time wouldn't you think? Personally I still am not a Haslett fan, however I hope he will call more blitzes and they won't be the same ones over and over. I know the cap issue really hurt us but I hope that Danny boy will continue to just sit back and sign the checks and let the Football People continue to make the choices on talent. I hope that we also can resign Fred on a 1 or 2 year deal and if his tear heals and he get's his speed back we can redo his contract. But you never know what will happen. The Browns seem to want him and that is close to his hometown........

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 am

Fred'll be back for one year, so that he can get the big bucks next year. He's not gonna get a good deal right now. He's got to prove he's back before anyone is going to offer him anything long-term.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 am

and now we see that the Browns have signed Kellen Davis ..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... -year-deal

Fred will almost certainly be back
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:and now we see that the Browns have signed Kellen Davis ..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... -year-deal

Fred will almost certainly be back

Ummm... from the article...
Tight ends will figure prominently in new Cleveland coach Rob Chudzinski's offense, though Davis will likely be relegated to a blocking role.
The Browns recently signed free-agent tight end Gary Barnidge and reportedly are interested in Washington's Fred Davis.

Kellen Davis has an entirely different skill set from Fred... and is NOT much of a threat as an offensive weapon... They are still interested in OUR Davis...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:20 pm

I think they're 'interested' trey but I doubt that Fred is going to like the 'level of that interest

Fred's best deal IMHO is to play with RG3 and get a better shot at playing in the playoffs PLUS get paid well as well
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:48 pm

The problem is, the team cannot pay him as he probably warrants... so, he'll have to "trust" that he'll be "taken care of" down the road. Not reassuring.

While I certainly "hope" that he will re-sign with the Redskins, I think I am far less certain of that than you.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:The problem is, the team cannot pay him as he probably warrants... so, he'll have to "trust" that he'll be "taken care of" down the road. Not reassuring.

While I certainly "hope" that he will re-sign with the Redskins, I think I am far less certain of that than you.

I'm not certain about it at all - I just think that Fred Davis has to see that the 'best' opportunity for him is playing with RG3 & not Weeden and the other losers that are called the Browns

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Free agent TE Fred Davis had dinner with Bills officials on Saturday night.

Coach Doug Marrone, GM Buddy Nix, and assistant GM Doug Whaley were all in attendance. It's the first non-Redskins or Browns nugget on Davis since free agency opened. Buffalo has been awfully quiet, but Davis would be a fine addition to the offense as a field-stretching tight end. Scott Chandler tore his ACL in Week 16, and the Bills don't have a capable in-house replacement.

Related: Bills
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 24 - 11:44 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm

^^^ Buffalo...

Where NFL players go to disappear...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:^^^ Buffalo...

:shock: we know he's not the brightest penny in the drawer and he's made some bad choices ... but ...

I thought he'd see that he'd get a lot more out of playing with RG3

that's a bit of a surprise .... :lol:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:38 pm

The Redskins are at a real disadvantage to any team with cap space in FA negotiations... sucks, but it is what it is.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Shefter is normally pretty good with anything about the Skins ..

anything more on this - I'm not seeing any 'reports' at all

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:^^^ Buffalo...

Nah...did wonders for Derrick Dockery's career. :roll:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
Countertrey wrote:^^^ Buffalo ... Where NFL players go to disappear...

Nah... did wonders for Derrick Dockery's career.

DD was just another, VERY over rated NFL lineman - Fred Davis has a lot of potential - certainly, he would get more money, but ...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football