Priorities of Team Needs

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Priorities of Team Needs

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Is this anywhere close in terms of priorities?

Safeties

Cornerback

Right Tackle

Inside Linebacker

Left Guard: Lichtensteiger a free agent?

Wide Receiver: Moss turns 34 in June.

Rush Linebacker: Rob Jackson leaves via free agency? Rak 100%?

Punter: Rocca's contract is going to expire in March?

Defensive Line

QB
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:50 am

You forgot RB and TE
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:38 am

Deadskins wrote:You forgot RB and TE

So put 'em in where you think they go. I have them after QB.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 pm

We don't need another QB. We could even go back to just two and that'd be fine with me. I say TE more than RB. Also, I would move DL up on your list and WR down.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet

Re: Priorities of Team Needs

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Is this anywhere close in terms of priorities?

Safeties, Cornerback, Right Tackle, Inside Linebacker, Left Guard,
Wide Receiver, Rush Linebacker, Punter, D- Line, QB

Darth - my thoughts are ....

1) Safety - the largest hole for 'skins last year
2) RT - need better pass protection than last year
3) CB - D Hall & Ced Griffin both FA's- neither may come back
4) TE - F Davis might want too much $$ to stay. Paulsen is steady, but not flashy. Lots of talent in the draft, should get a keeper at one of our picks.
5) P - Rocca is getting up there & was injured- not a good combo. if we find a Punter who can kickoff, that would be the ticket!

Lesser concerns:

LG - I was impressed with LeRibeus - he played well in big games too. i think he's ready and Gettis had a full year to learn, so he should contribute this year.

ILB - Even if Fletch retires (or is too expensive), if we re-sign R Jax or Lo Alexander, with Keenan Robinson coming back & Riley, we should be OK. I know R Jax played outside, but he is big enough and covers well enough to play inside.

D-Line - Jenkins will be better having played a full year, not as concerned with this area as Bowen & Cofield are solid and Baker/Neild are steady

WR - Not panicking on this area either. Young receivers take 2-3 years & Hank is starting yr 3, Aldrick starting yr 2. Morgan was more hurt than anyone knew...Garcon is top tier & rumor has it his foot will recover fine.

QB - K Cousins showed he can manage a game and even win one for us. RG3- hope he heals fully and all reports are good so far.

Someone else mentioned RB - that's probably a bigger need than some of the other concerns. Starting to get a little concerned about Helu. I'm sure Shanny can find a late round gem though.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Deadskins wrote:We don't need another QB. We could even go back to just two and that'd be fine with me. I say TE more than RB. Also, I would move DL up on your list and WR down.

Are we resigning Rexy? Not to sound pessimistic but w/ RG3 being a target and all, I'd like to see a backup for Cousins as well. In case the worst should happen.

Sucks that we have to think that way.

As far as a third string QB, Rex is probably the best option we could have right now without wasting a draft pick. He should come cheap too :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:48 pm

I can see keeping Rex for now - I'm in favor of that because he's here and he 'helped' both QBs last year - he's JUST insurance

given our current cap issue, I don't know why we'd look to add someone else

and

I'm not sure we'll even be able to keep 3 QBs, once RG3 is at full strength again
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:05 am

S - we don't have a true FS on our roster. Even is you count TJackson as on our roster (which he isn't, he is on a reserve list) he is more of a SS than FS. Personally I wouldn't count on him for anything. He looked good in preseason but I don't trust that he will be on the team come September. I have a hard time counting on Merriweather either. One game or of our two projected starters at S last year scares the he'll out of me.

CB - Biggers lessens the need here, w/o him this would be a bigger concern.

RT - we have several guys that would be great back ups and would be OK starters, but I think we could use a true starter.

TE - Assuming Davis doesn't return, then we could use a better passing threat than Paulson. NPaul is still a huge project I'd you ask me.
LT (back up) - draft the correct RT and you can kill two birds with one stone.

ILB - I'm good with our starters and one back up but I could more depth.

In summary the biggest area we need to address is S. CB and LT are moderately close.
The rest we capable starters at but could use depth.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 pm

1. Safety
2. Corner
3. RT
4. LB (MLB & OLB)
5. Change of pace Running Back
6. WR
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:35 am

Proper blocking goes a long way.

The Hogster wrote:1. Safety
2. Corner
3. RT
4. LB (MLB & OLB)
6. WR

First and foremost, I'm pro BPA. In a structured scenario I'd go...

1. FS
2. CB
3. LB (MLB 1st OLB 2nd)
4. RT ( Move RT down cus I'm banking on some growth/improvement from Polumbus )
4. WR ( I could have put this at #6 because I doubt we'd find someone good enough to play so far down in the draft)
5. Change of pace running back (I placed this so low cus Mike can find guys anywhere/everywhere in the draft)
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Proper blocking goes a long way.

The Hogster wrote:1. Safety
2. Corner
3. RT
4. LB (MLB & OLB)
6. WR

First and foremost, I'm pro BPA. In a structured scenario I'd go...

1. FS
2. CB
3. LB (MLB 1st OLB 2nd)
4. RT ( Move RT down cus I'm banking on some growth/improvement from Polumbus )
4. WR ( I could have put this at #6 because I doubt we'd find someone good enough to play so far down in the draft)
5. Change of pace running back (I placed this so low cus Mike can find guys anywhere/everywhere in the draft)

1. FS (Pure no hybrid SS that we are tying to convert over)
2. CB (Big, strong with reputation for being nasty)
3. Athlete (this could be a shifty WR or Shifty RB, but the point is a football fast, shifty guy who could be in the pistol)
4. MLB (Going on record as believing that Riley - Robinson are our starting inside tandem for years to come, but I wouldn't be upset about getting a guy to push Robinson and let best man be starter, other be sub when Fletcher is gone next year)
5. Center
6. Do not care after this.

I don't really think we draft an O-lineman (other than center or as camp fodder) as I'd like to see all of last years picks get time and see what we have with them. Leave this to next year

If we pick up Winfield, I move CB down below Athlete because there are enough CBs in the fold at that point to have good (3 deep) starters and enough guys behind them (Crawford, Minnifield) to develop and give time to. In fact I might move CB off the list altogether and slot SS in at #2 or #3 to light a fire under Gomes to produce or get out.

Even with Pat White, I'd still consider an Athlete.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to General Manager's Office