Redskins Offseason Resignings

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 am

SkinsJock wrote:^^ you're right I am being a little picky about this .. BECAUSE ...

adding a RT, a safety and a CB or 2 just flat out makes this team better ...

I think we add a RT - with that plus the competition to be the starter - I don't see how the O line is not improved from what we had

with the return of injured players plus a draft with a lot of good secondary players - we should see better play from the back 7 on D

with this FO's history the past few years, we can expect to see the team be 'better' in these areas

IMHO - that's not being optimistic that's being realistic - :lol:

I get what you're saying and I can understand why you're saying it, but you're assuming that the players drafted well be good enough to help the team as a whole. I would say they is a decent chance that the draft will help the team as a whole. I haven't been arguing that.

I have been looking at each spot individually. Not the team as a whole. I still think it is a long shot that we draft players at those positions that two of the three will be an improvement over who we had at starters last year.

I'm not arguing that the team will be better, because a lot of variables go into that. I'm arguing that the new players won't play add well(or better) than last year's players.

That is what I have been arguing the whole time.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I still think it is a long shot that we draft players at those positions that two of the three will be an improvement over who we had at starters last year.

Why? Don't you think that a second or third rounder could come in and start? Especially at the S and RT positions. I don't see that as a long shot at all.
Last edited by Deadskins on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I have been looking at each spot individually. Not the team as a whole. I still think it is a long shot that we draft players at those positions that two of the three will be an improvement over who we had at starters last year.


I think we could get an UDFA and it'd be an improvement at FS. LOL
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 am

skinsfan#33 wrote: ... I'm not arguing that the team will be better, because a lot of variables go into that. I'm arguing that the new players won't play as well (or better) than last year's players.
That is what I have been arguing the whole time.


I don't know much about the game to be able to argue about anything ...

The team will be 'better' - we have an FO that have clearly shown they will find players thru free agency & the draft that will make the other players around them better

I could care less if the secondary is made up of players that are not as good or as great as the ones that played here last season
ALL THAT MATTERS is that they play better pass defense TOGETHER - that will NOT be hard to do
:lol:

It is not as important to find A 'better' CB OR A 'better' safety - what is needed is to have a group on the field that can both apply pressure and defend the pass better - we will do that

THIS is a TEAM game - it's not about finding great players - it's more about finding players that make each other better AND the coaches that can put them in position to do that
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL


Week 2 - 17-15

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:37 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:I still think it is a long shot that we draft players at those positions that two of the three will be an improvement over who we had at starters last year.

Why? Don't you think that a second or third rounder could come in and start? Especially at the S and RT positions. I don't see that as a long shot at all.

Have people lost the ability to read and comprehend. No, I never said anything about fraying two starters as a long shot, which it is. I have said it would be a long shot for to find two players in this draft that would be an improvement THIS SEASON over the play we got from S, RT, or CB LAST YEAR.

Even with as bad as Madoodoo played it still might be hard for a first year player to better that. And that leaves one more spot out of CB and RT.
Hall play much better last year than a lot of people give him credit for, so improving on that play is an extreme long shot.
As much as I think we can improve at RT, finding a guy to play better this season than Palumbus last season it's a long shot as well.

It is fine that no one wants to look at this rationally but don't expect me to drink the cool aid.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Even with as bad as Madoodoo played it still might be hard for a first year player to better that.


Possibly. It's possible for them to play lights out too.

skinsfan#33 wrote:And that leaves one more spot out of CB and RT.


We have Wilson starting. We have the guy from the Bucs who started for them last year. I dont think CB is in dire need of being addressed but it'd def help.

RT, we have our starter and whoever they pick up this year will beind a few guys.


skinsfan#33 wrote:Hall play much better last year than a lot of people give him credit for, so improving on that play is an extreme long shot.


True.


skinsfan#33 wrote:As much as I think we can improve at RT, finding a guy to play better this season than Palumbus last season it's a long shot as well.


Via the draft, yes. We may have someone in-house that's ready to assert themselves and standup.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16055
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:53 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Have people lost the ability to read and comprehend.

That's hysterical coming from a poster who never proofreads his own posts. 99% of your posts contain words your phone's autocorrect feature changed to words you didn't intend to write. Which, more often than not, changes the meaning of your posts entirely. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||
Posts: 4309
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:I have been looking at each spot individually. Not the team as a whole. I still think it is a long shot that we draft players at those positions that two of the three will be an improvement over who we had at starters last year.


I think we could get an UDFA and it'd be an improvement at FS. LOL


Yes, however if Merriweather is healthy hes a huge improvement over the other safties. Reed Doughty is a sound tackler and if used around the box on blitzes that would be good.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football