NFL bans football?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:To be honest, I read it as Annapolis

I'm stalking SF33 for spelling and grammar. :-$

and thought he had mistaken CT for IB

I think he did, too... perhaps FFA is a closet spelling stalker. There's a lot we don't know about him.

:wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:45 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I'm pretty sure I've never been to Analopolis...

I'm also a bit concerned regarding your grammar, btw...

It would be kind of hard to have gone to Analopolis, since it isn't a real place. It is more like a state of mind.

Don't worry about my grammar. If this was a class room on grammar than I could see a reason, since it is a football fan site there is no need.

This would be a place for the subjunctive. After all, if this was a class room it probably still would be. :twisted:

Anyway, Analopolis was hillhairyass.

As for the rule - I think we are starting to see many unintended consequences with many rule changes. Eliminating the bump-and-run may have led to loading up for big hits on what they now call defenseless receivers. Now guys are going low because going high draws a flag. I heard a DB yesterday (10 year vet) say he never had a concussion until last year. In trying to avoid flags he went lower and caught knees to his head twice for his first 2 concussions.

I do not like the new rule. RBs will be put in awkward situations when they approach tacklers.

Add Jerome Bettis to the list of current or former NFL running backs who don’t like the new rule against runners delivering forcible blows with the top of the helmet.

“It really makes no sense,” Bettis said today on Mike and Mike in the Morning. “The running back now is going to have some indecision with his helmet and his head. . . . Whenever a running back has indecision, there’s potential for injury.”

Bettis said that when he would lower his helmet during his playing career, it wasn’t his intent to hit an opponent with the top of his head. Instead, lowering the helmet was just a byproduct of lowering his shoulders.

“I don’t put my head down saying I’m trying to lead with the crown of my helmet, I put my head down because there’s trouble on the way,” he said. “I’m putting my head down because I want to get my shoulders lower.”

Bettis also said he worries that officials are going to have a hard time determining what constitutes delivering a forcible blow with the top of the helmet, and what is just an ordinary open-field collision.

“We’re creating so many plays that are subjective for the referee, that before you know it the referee controls the outcome of the game because these calls can go either way, and then the referees start taking too prominent of a role in deciding the outcome of the game,” Bettis said.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:49 pm

:-#
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man