Automobile Issues Thread

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
**LPJ**

Automobile Issues Thread

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:10 am

So I figured I'd start this thread in case people have any helpful hints or knowledge about cars.

Mine is currently at Carmax getting fixed but let me tell you what happened. Yesterday I was driving and I heard a noise like something hit the car and I felt a cold gust of air and a lot of pressure. I turned around and saw my driver back window had just fallen straight down and I couldn't turn it back up! What da hey??

They are checking it out now and when I find out about it I will pass the news but does anyone know of this happening or even to them?

Lata
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 am

Sounds like the little sprocket on the motor broke. They will have to replace the motor. Should run a couple of hundred bucks.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 am

Deadskins wrote:Sounds like the little sprocket on the motor broke. They will have to replace the motor. Should run a couple of hundred bucks.

Ahhh, dat makes sense bro. Service guy called and said that I'll have to pay my deductible which isn't so bad @ $150 since I got the extended warranty.. he said techs are looking it over but I hope it costs a bunch of money though! lol.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:00 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Sounds like the little sprocket on the motor broke. They will have to replace the motor. Should run a couple of hundred bucks.

Ahhh, dat makes sense bro. Service guy called and said that I'll have to pay my deductible which isn't so bad @ $150 since I got the extended warranty.. he said techs are looking it over but I hope it costs a bunch of money though! lol.

Yep window motor. I had something similar happen to my old Chevy Blazer a long time ago. Good news is that its an isolated incident; once you replace the motor that'll be the last you "hear" of it. Unless you have terrible luck :wink:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:19 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Yep window motor. I had something similar happen to my old Chevy Blazer a long time ago. Good news is that its an isolated incident; once you replace the motor that'll be the last you "hear" of it. Unless you have terrible luck :wink:

LOL!!! I was hoping the glass would break and mess up some more stuff.. no feeling better than paying a flat deductible and the dealer/warranty compay covering the rest

DarthMonk

Re: Automobile Issues Thread

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:39 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:So I figured I'd start this thread in case people have any helpful hints or knowledge about cars.

Mine is currently at Carmax getting fixed but let me tell you what happened. Yesterday I was driving and I heard a noise like something hit the car and I felt a cold gust of air and a lot of pressure. I turned around and saw my driver back window had just fallen straight down and I couldn't turn it back up! What da hey??

They are checking it out now and when I find out about it I will pass the news but does anyone know of this happening or even to them?

Lata

Power window or manual? Sounds like it just fell out of it's track to me. I had an old car where whenever I rolled the window down I had to push down on the glass to keep it in the track.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Re: Automobile Issues Thread

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Power window or manual? Sounds like it just fell out of it's track to me. I had an old car where whenever I rolled the window down I had to push down on the glass to keep it in the track.

Power my friend so most likely it's the motor.. still though man, ya'll gotta understand how I'm driving, chillin, and BOOM.. i'm like WTF??? :lol:

I'll tell you what, if either or both of my kids were in that car.. maaaaaaaaan I'd probably have traded in the whole dag gone car just because. :lol:

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 pm

If the window motor still works, then it is the window regulator .....just the cable that brings it up/down. I slammed my truck door shut and the window just started slipping down. I could hear the motor working when pressing button. My regulator cost.$90. Good luck installing by yourself......kinda hard.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 pm

some component in the regulator broke... motor can break all it wants, it won't cause the window to drop... but a broken regulator will...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:17 am

Countertrey wrote:motor can break all it wants, it won't cause the window to drop.

I beg to differ. The motor itself may still function, but if one of the plastic parts attached to it breaks, the window can come down. I know because it happened on my car. The motor assembly was all that was replaced, and it was good as new.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 am

Well my good people.. it was indeed the motor of the regulator. I didn't ask him well how did it fall or anything like that, at that point I really didn't care. :lol: Funny how things work though.. issue was with the window and they end up finding like a bunch of stuff wrong with the car, the good news is about 75% of it is being fixed by warranty company. I'm coming out of pocket for about $400 total but I'm ok with it considering the total bill will be waaaay more.

On another note.. I got a 2012 Impala for a rental.
OMGOOOOOSSHHH.. dat blicky has pickup from 65mph and just takes off like its nothing!!! Greatest feeling, pulling up behind someone and they think I'm a cop and INSTANTLY get over to the next lane :lol:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:10 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Greatest feeling, pulling up behind someone and they think I'm a cop and INSTANTLY get over to the next lane :lol:

KILLER!

OTOH my wimp ass car is a magnet for people who want to dominate. I invested in a siren. You should see the effect that has on aggressive drivers.

I love using it and then pretending I don't know where "the cop" is either.

The best was when I forgot to disconnect before an inspection. You should have seen the frenzied mechanics stashing stuff in their tool boxes.

:mrgreen:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to The Lounge