Fred Davis re-signs with the Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 am

#21 = Forever in our hearts

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:48 am

One year deal. Welcome back, Fred!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:01 am

HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:10 am

So, out of curiosity when do we think we win front office or general manager (not sure which it is) of the year for how we've managed to win the NFC East (probably twice), sign players, keep key players all while being robbed of $36 million over 2 years.

I mean is there really a better front office organization in the league right now?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:15 am

YES!!!! So glad to read this news this morning. I hope Fred lights it up this year and the Skins can afford to pay him more in 2014.

I saw McShay's two round draft yesterday and it had the Skins taking a TE in the 2d round, I guess anticipating that Davis wasn't back. That just goes to show you how big this re-signing was. It would suck IMO to be using a 2d round pick on a TE this year.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:18 am

riggofan wrote:YES!!!! So glad to read this news this morning. I hope Fred lights it up this year and the Skins can afford to pay him more in 2014.

I saw McShay's two round draft yesterday and it had the Skins taking a TE in the 2d round, I guess anticipating that Davis wasn't back. That just goes to show you how big this re-signing was. It would suck IMO to be using a 2d round pick on a TE this year.

Even without Davis back, that pick prediction from McShay was idiotic. There were at least 2 safeties and 1 CB, can't think of names right now, that would be awesome for us that he had still available.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby PARKER » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:33 am

So glad we were able to bring him back! And for a one year deal...it fills a hole and he should have a breakout year because I'm sure he'll be looking for a big contract next offseason.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 am

This is good news.

We can roll into this season with the same players and still get a ton of growth. RGIII was a rookie. The line is playing it's second year together. Fred didn't finish the year. Paulsen got great experience. Morgan is finally healthy, Pierre will be healthy. Helu will be healthy.

The biggest addition would be a change of pace back/utility player to go in backfield. Heck, that player could be our FB.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:This is good news.

We can roll into this season with the same players and still get a ton of growth. RGIII was a rookie. The line is playing it's second year together. Fred didn't finish the year. Paulsen got great experience. Morgan is finally healthy, Pierre will be healthy. Helu will be healthy.

The biggest addition would be a change of pace back/utility player to go in backfield. Heck, that player could be our FB.

I'm still holding out hope that change of pace back can be Helu, probably wishful thinking but when he was healthy he flashed signs of incredible vision and open field ability.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 am

oneman56 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:This is good news.

I'm still holding out hope that change of pace back can be Helu, probably wishful thinking but when he was healthy he flashed signs of incredible vision and open field ability.

Yeah, I guess for no good reason I've written him off to an extent. However, it's telling that Mike has decided to keep him around. I still expect Mike to draft a RB.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 am

Nice.

I wonder where that puts us with being able to sign Winfield. Seems like we definitely don't have the cap space now, but I'm happy with our FA performance this year and the draft will handle the rest.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 am

Before going down with that injury, he led the team with 24 receptions and 325 yards. Paulsen had just 20 catches and 210 yards in the final nine games.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:54 pm

And we still have the Draft. Hail
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Excellent... color me very pleasantly surprised! A healthy Davis on the field with a healthy Garcon... will be a killer combo
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Welcome back Fred83. It's possible that the one thing the Skins had in their favor, and hopefully Fred83 recognized this, is a guy named RGIII. :-)
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football