Pre-Draft NFL Lineup Rankings

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Pre-Draft NFL Lineup Rankings

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 pm

EVAN SILVA
OFFSEASON LOW DOWN

A handful of quality NFL starters remain available in free agency, but for the most part clubs have switched gears toward April's draft. Approaching it as if the season started today, here are the projected Week 1 starting lineups for all 32 teams, ranked in order of quality.

9. Washington Redskins

QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Alfred Morris
FB: Darrel Young
WR: Pierre Garcon
WR: Josh Morgan
TE: Fred Davis
LT: Trent Williams
LG: Kory Lichtensteiger
C: Will Montgomery
RG: Chris Chester
RT: Tyler Polumbus

Offensive Overview: This ranking assumes all goes well with Griffin's right knee. By all accounts, his recovery thus far is "ahead of schedule." Returning all five offensive line starters, the Redskins pound defenses into submission with the run game. When RG3 is healthy, they also field a quick-strike, bomb-happy vertical passing attack that hit peak performance when Garcon was healthy last season. Davis, once a catch-first tight end, has developed into a plus run blocker and may make more of an impact there coming off a torn Achilles' tendon. The Skins haven't lost anyone from their top-five offense.

LE: Jarvis Jenkins
RE: Stephen Bowen
NT: Barry Cofield
ILB: London Fletcher
ILB: Perry Riley
OLB: Brian Orakpo
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan
RCB: Josh Wilson
LCB: E.J. Biggers*
FS: DeJon Gomes
SS: Brandon Meriweather

Defensive Overview: The Redskins' lone significant loss from last year's defense is CB DeAngelo Hall, who is maddeningly inconsistent in coverage and may return at a reduced rate anyway. Secondary deficiencies can also be masked by ferocious pass rush, and top edge rusher Orakpo is back from his torn pectoral. The front seven is strong, but the defensive backfield must still be addressed early and often in April's draft. Biggers, Gomes, and Meriweather are all borderline starters or worse. After the RG3 trade, Washington won’t draft in this year’s first round but has seven picks, beginning at No. 51.

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Denver Broncos
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. New England Patriots
5. Green Bay Packers
6. Baltimore Ravens
7. Chicago Bears
8. Atlanta Falcons

LINK
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Sorry, but no way are the Shehawks the best team in the NFL right now, even with Percy Harvin.
But...
10. G-strings
17. Cowpies
25. Smeagols
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:30 am

Deadskins wrote:Sorry, but no way are the Shehawks the best team in the NFL right now, even with Percy Harvin.
But...
10. G-strings
17. Cowpies
25. Smeagols

Disagree. I think they'll be almost unbeatable unless hampered by injuries.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Sorry, but no way are the Shehawks the best team in the NFL right now, even with Percy Harvin.
But...
10. G-strings
17. Cowpies
25. Smeagols

Just the opposite of your views on the Redskins. You sure you're not a closet Seattle fan?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:48 am

^ ... it IS, after all... a "Washington" team...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 am

It's fashionable for people to like the Seattle Seahawks right now. But, they are severely over rated. They had a good run (with some luck against the Green Bay Packers) but they were beaten pretty good against the Falcons--a better team--for most of that game, and the Redskins were steam rolling them until RGIII tweaked his knee. I don't see them as anything close to the best roster in the league.

I'd put them in the slot where the Chicago Bears are, maybe. But, my gut is they are a 1 year wonder.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:14 am

The Hogster wrote:It's fashionable for people to like the Seattle Seahawks right now. But, they are severely over rated. They had a good run (with some luck against the Green Bay Packers) but they were beaten pretty good against the Falcons--a better team--for most of that game, and the Redskins were steam rolling them until RGIII tweaked his knee. I don't see them as anything close to the best roster in the league.

I'd put them in the slot where the Chicago Bears are, maybe. But, my gut is they are a 1 year wonder.

Something I noticed when comparing our game against them to the Falcon game against them - ATL jumped out to a big lead but ATL's guys were not open. It took perfect throws against very good coverage and great catches. In our game however we were running on them and hitting wide open guys until, as you say, Griff got hurt.

I thought Seattle was as good as or maybe better than ATL but I thought we were on the verge of dismantling Seattle before knee-gate.

I hope your gut is right because I pretty much hate them.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 pm

I see Hogster is emphatic about his response..........
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:I see Hogster is emphatic about his response..........

I have no idea what happened with that. I guess the third time was the charm.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:52 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:It's fashionable for people to like the Seattle Seahawks right now. But, they are severely over rated. They had a good run (with some luck against the Green Bay Packers) but they were beaten pretty good against the Falcons--a better team--for most of that game, and the Redskins were steam rolling them until RGIII tweaked his knee. I don't see them as anything close to the best roster in the league.

Something I noticed when comparing our game against them to the Falcon game against them - ATL jumped out to a big lead but ATL's guys were not open. It took perfect throws against very good coverage and great catches. In our game however we were running on them and hitting wide open guys until, as you say, Griff got hurt.

I thought Seattle was as good as or maybe better than ATL but I thought we were on the verge of dismantling Seattle before knee-gate.

I hope your gut is right because I pretty much hate them.

I hate them too. Their defense kept them in a lot of games. But, I don't think their corners will duplicate last season. Their size took people off guard this year, but the year before that was more indicative of what they are to me talent wise. Whenever guys go from being average to awesome, I always take a skeptical view, especially when Browner & Sherman got busted for PEDs. I'm betting that the 2011 Seattle secondary (which is the same group of guys, is more in-line with what they are.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 pm

The Hogster wrote:

I made you less emphatic...

you can thank me later... :wink:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:01 pm

I don't know that Pete Carroll has the attention span to assemble and coach a consistent NFL team. My gut says he'll disappear after 3 seasons.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 pm

That's just great - I've been waiting anxiously for the Evan Silva 'report' :shock:

are you kidding me - has anyone outside of his family EVER heard anything from this idiot? :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

I made you less emphatic...

you can thank me later... :wink:

Thank u sir
SPIT HAPPENS!!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
But...
10. G-strings
17. Cowpies
25. Smeagols

Just the opposite of your views on the Redskins. You sure you're not a closet Seattle fan?

I find it impossible to like a rival, even a little bit. One of my flaws. I'm focused on Seattle because they're the team for us to beat to get to the Super Bowl. Harvin adds a dimension to that team that can exploit our greatest weakness. Tate, Rice, Harvin--a nightmare for us, in particular, and enough, with their defense and QB, to beat everyone else. I'll say it again. We'll need RG3, Davis, Garcon, and others fully recovered.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football