Dominick Reyes Safety Stony Brook

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
#######

Dominick Reyes Safety Stony Brook

Postby The Hogster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 pm

This guy was profiled on Hogs Haven as a potential safety the Redskins could get in the later rounds of the NFL Draft. They describe him--and I emphasize they describe him as a "poor man's Sean Taylor."

I don't know about all of that. But, this kid can cover and lays the wood. Check out his Senior Year cut up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYn7XOb0Q5A
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:43 pm

He has the kind of instincts that you just can't coach... his timing on those big hits does remind you of ST...

And... there were a LOT of highlights...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 am

Never heard of this kid but I'm liking what I see!

Just goes to show that there's talent in this draft even with players we haven't heard much hype on. Solid!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:15 pm

He hits with that violence like ST did. The way guys go flying off their cleats upon impact is something you can't teach as CT said.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 pm

The Hogster wrote:He hits with that violence like ST did. The way guys go flying off their cleats upon impact is something you can't teach as CT said.

His hits look similar to ST. Maybe not as explosive but he reminds me a lot of ST. I'd love to see this guy in our backfield laying people out.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 pm

6'4" 215lbs is above average was well. That height could work out great for us.

piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Pisses me off we draft a guy like Bacarri over a Dominick Reyes!!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Stony brook and Georgia...I think that's why we picked Rambo. Guy just hasn't proved it on a big stage...
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:09 pm

skinsfb4life wrote:Pisses me off we draft a guy like Bacarri over a Dominick Reyes!!!

Why would it piss you off? Rambo was a 1st team All American at an SEC school. Reyes is a stud from Stony Brook who went undrafted. We can still bring him in for a Gatorade, $500 and a bag of Funyons.

I will be dissappointed if we don't bring him in as an UDFA though.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 pm

The Hogster wrote:
skinsfb4life wrote: @#!*% me off we draft a guy like Bacarri over a Dominick Reyes!!!

Why would it @#!*% you off? Rambo was a 1st team All American at an SEC school. Reyes is a stud from Stony Brook who went undrafted. We can still bring him in for a Gatorade, $500 and a bag of Funyons.

I will be dissappointed if we don't bring him in as an UDFA though.

Agreed. I'm not sure what they're waiting for but it seems no one knows much about this guy. He wasn't even on the ranking board on the CBSNFL prospects list. Completely under the radar.

Shoot if nothing else, he could be Zo's replacement on special teams (if he couldn't win the starting safety roll). We'd be getting so many knock out fumbles forced by this guy :)

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Just checking in to see if there has been any updated on Dominick Reyes.

Been searching around the web but haven't seen any signings for him; just want to be sure I'm not overlooking something.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 pm

one thing's for sure - our guys know all there is to know about Reyes .. if he's worth a look, he'll get a shot to make the team ...
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:one thing's for sure - our guys know all there is to know about Reyes .. if he's worth a look, he'll get a shot to make the team ...

Agree, but can't help but wonder if he somehow did escape their attention. Doubt at this point though; there's been a lot of fan talk about him all over Twitter, etc.

Just hard to get my mind around it. Couldn't find any character issues with him, size is amazing, speed is great, has great instincts. If he's lacking anything I'd say he has all the raw materials to be conditioned well.

Sometime does seem off in that he hasn't been signed by anyone. Just can't pull up a reason.

BTW, he wasn't even on the draft prospects chart I saw on CBSsports and a couple others.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Are we sure he was draft eligible?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Yes, he's eligible. Just hasn't gotten a call yet. He says he will announce when he gets signed via Twitter @DomReyes
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to NFL Draft 2013