Redskins led the league in retaining starters

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:39 am

emoses14 wrote:Highly doubt we're cutting Wilson.

However, it is interesting that the only player we wanted to keep that we didn't was Lorenzo Alexander.

Again, when is Bruce/Mike winning executive of the year?

the Redskins returned more starters than any other NFL team.

An outfit called Draftmetrics.com did the legwork. They looked at how many players who started eight or more games in 2012 are signed with the same team. The Redskins have the most with 21 (missing only free safety Madieu Williams, chart was compiled before DeAngelo Hall was re-signed last night). The Patriots, Packers, and 49ers kept 19 of their starters while five teams kept 18.

After years of turmoil, the thought of the Redskins being the most stable team in football might take some getting used to.

Redskins are NFL retention leaders
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 am

I felt this deserved its own thread, 1nik. ;)

To have done this in a year with $18 million in cap penalties — not to mention it was following a season with $18 million in penalties — is incredible. Sure, we didn't acquire a bunch of new talent on the FA market, but did we need that much more to compete?

I'm looking forward to the draft. Not having a #1 hurts, as we knew it would, but Griffin was definitely worth the price.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 am

Sooooo, we're the most stable franchise in the entire league?

:shock: 8)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 am

Amazing. This is how you build a TEAM. What a huge culture change!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 am

from another thread -

While Mike and Bruce have done a great job - they are really just doing what REAL FO's do all over the NFL - we have not had a 'real" FO for 10 years

the most important part of their job has been, not only finding the players that suit what they want to get done, but all the other pieces too ... :D

one of the keys to our success - and there are many - is a guy called Eric Shaffer, who has found a way to restructure contracts in a manner that does not 'hurt' the team down the road

if you have not read the piece by 1niksder http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1408

Eric has given Mike & Bruce the means to make this franchise the most stable in the NFL - RIGHT NOW :shock:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 am

So its not Skyfall 2013 like some doom and gloomers have predicted? The greatest thing about this is that we have pulled all of this off without pushing money into the future. So, we will be in even better shape next offseason when free agency opens. And there is STILL the draft.

The RGIII trade doesn't even sting when we found a guy like Alfred Morris in the 6th, who needs last year's 2nd?

We now go into the draft with a secondary that is better than last season.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football