D-Hall coming back

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am

I wasn't unhappy to see Hall cut - he was scheduled to get paid way more than his value. We've now got him back at good market value considering his age and capabilities. I can't see a downside with that!

I'm sure we're seeing the benefits of being an organisation that people WANT to play for now.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 am

While Mike and Bruce have done a great job - they are really just doing what REAL FO's do all over the NFL - we have not had a 'real" FO for 10 years

the most important part of their job has been, not only finding the players that suit what they want to get done, but all the other pieces too ... :D

one of the keys to our success - and there are many - is a guy called Eric Shaffer, who has found a way to restructure contracts in a manner that does not 'hurt' the team down the road

if you have not read the piece by 1niksder http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1408

Eric has given Mike & Bruce the means to make this franchise the most stable in the NFL - RIGHT NOW :shock:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 am

SkinsJock wrote:While Mike and Bruce have done a great job - they are really just doing what REAL FO's do all over the NFL - we have not had a 'real" FO for 10 years

the most important part of their job has been, not only finding the players that suit what they want to get done, but all the other pieces too ... :D

one of the keys to our success - and there are many - is a guy called Eric Shaffer, who has found a way to restructure contracts in a manner that does not 'hurt' the team down the road

if you have not read the piece by 1niksder http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1408

Eric has given Mike & Bruce the means to make this franchise the most stable in the NFL - RIGHT NOW :shock:

Shaffer is the guru of contracts and cap management, that's for sure.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:thanks 1niksder - I know this FO can finagle things better than most ...

however ... do you think that both Winfield and Hall will be here?

They could rework a few contracts and be able to sign him....

But remember people that had knowledge of the situation before free agency started told us the due to the second part of the capgate penalty the REdskins would not only be unable to retain their own pending free agents but they wouldn't be able to address any of their needs through free agency. They were reported to be forced to cut players just to get under the cap.

For some reason those people that had knowledge of the Redskins plans forgot to tell us the plan was to Re-sign the ONE player that they cut for cap reasons or that the Redskins could offer one to three year deals to all of their pending free agents and all of them minus OMG would sign. They for that guys like E.J. Biggers, Jeremy Trueblood, Darryl Tapp, and Tony Pashos would be taken off the market by the Redskins.

They've re-worked three as of now (has to be at least one unreported restructure floating around). If they do sign Winfield some of you will start believing what I've been trying to tell everyone.

The Redskins don't have and aren't restricted by a salary cap. In fact, the only time the Salary Cap has ever been a problem was when the NFL didn't have a Salary Cap

:shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby skins214428hail » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 pm

I love the signing of D hall!! What is he 30.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 pm

DeAngelo Hall Turned Down More Money from Two Other Teams to Stay A Redskin

DeAngelo Hall is not a fan favorite or close to it around Redskins Nation. He was signed to hefty free agent contract when Snyder and Zorn were printing money and the team of course lost in embarrassing fashion week in and week out. The former Hokie regularly receives unsportsman-like conduct penalties and the consistency game in and game out just didn't seem to be there. Then something interesting happened. After getting kicked out of the Steelers loss for cursing out a ref, he stepped up big time during that seven game win streak. Dez Bryant was a ghost in that week 17 win vs Dallas to seal the NFC East Championship.

On why DeAngelo returned to the Redskins at a greatly reduced salary:

DHall: "It was about being where I felt comfortable, a place where I felt like I could definitely succeed, and a place I felt like had a chance to win. I can remember a couple years ago when I took that deal and left Atlanta and went to Oakland, I kind of found out the hard way not all money is good money. If a team wants to pay you $7-8 million and you're struggling to go to practice, you're struggling to play in games, your heart's not in it, that's no way to play football. When I feel like I'm not having fun and my heart's not in it, I'm gonna hang it up. I felt like Washington was a place that I definitely wanted to be a part of."

This seems to be a common thread for every player in Oakland at that time. Randy Moss comes to mind.

And about other teams:

"A couple teams gave me some offers that definitely made me think, but like I said, ultimately I had great communication with Coach Shanahan throughout the whole process, with Raheem [Morris] ... so the lines of communication were definitely open. I wasn't shy about letting everybody know I definitely wanted to go back to Washington, but if it didn't work out, I definitely had some other options out there. Just happy that we both could agree on things. This obviously wasn't the most money I could get, but it made the most sense for me and my family."

Statistically, Hall was one of the worst pass defenders somehow being one of the two cornerbacks league wide to allow 1,000 yards. Of course, having Madieu Williams as your safety net in a zone coverage scheme doesn't help.

Welcome back, DeAngelo. The cheers should be a little louder this year.

That desire, and commitment, along with the fact that this will be a contract year for DHall makes me optimistic that he is going to ball out for us this year.http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/4/5/4187796/deangelo-hall-turned-down-more-money-from-two-other-teams-to-rejoin
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:25 pm

The Hogster wrote:DeAngelo Hall Turned Down More Money from Two Other Teams to Stay A Redskin

DeAngelo Hall is not a fan favorite or close to it around Redskins Nation. He was signed to hefty free agent contract when Snyder and Zorn were printing money and the team of course lost in embarrassing fashion week in and week out. The former Hokie regularly receives unsportsman-like conduct penalties and the consistency game in and game out just didn't seem to be there. Then something interesting happened. After getting kicked out of the Steelers loss for cursing out a ref, he stepped up big time during that seven game win streak. Dez Bryant was a ghost in that week 17 win vs Dallas to seal the NFC East Championship.

On why DeAngelo returned to the Redskins at a greatly reduced salary:

DHall: "It was about being where I felt comfortable, a place where I felt like I could definitely succeed, and a place I felt like had a chance to win. I can remember a couple years ago when I took that deal and left Atlanta and went to Oakland, I kind of found out the hard way not all money is good money. If a team wants to pay you $7-8 million and you're struggling to go to practice, you're struggling to play in games, your heart's not in it, that's no way to play football. When I feel like I'm not having fun and my heart's not in it, I'm gonna hang it up. I felt like Washington was a place that I definitely wanted to be a part of."

This seems to be a common thread for every player in Oakland at that time. Randy Moss comes to mind.

And about other teams:

"A couple teams gave me some offers that definitely made me think, but like I said, ultimately I had great communication with Coach Shanahan throughout the whole process, with Raheem [Morris] ... so the lines of communication were definitely open. I wasn't shy about letting everybody know I definitely wanted to go back to Washington, but if it didn't work out, I definitely had some other options out there. Just happy that we both could agree on things. This obviously wasn't the most money I could get, but it made the most sense for me and my family."

Statistically, Hall was one of the worst pass defenders somehow being one of the two cornerbacks league wide to allow 1,000 yards. Of course, having Madieu Williams as your safety net in a zone coverage scheme doesn't help.

Welcome back, DeAngelo. The cheers should be a little louder this year.

That desire, and commitment, along with the fact that this will be a contract year for DHall makes me optimistic that he is going to ball out for us this year.http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/4/5/4187796/deangelo-hall-turned-down-more-money-from-two-other-teams-to-rejoin

He's still nothing more than a "thug" to his detractors.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 am

Haters gonna hate CLL ...

I'm going to predict that Hall and our pass defense is going to be a force ... I know that it was bad early on last season, but ...

Hall is a leader and he's motivated .... I'm looking forward to seeing more from our secondary
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:He's still nothing more than a "thug" to his detractors.

That won't really hold water outside of the minds of the detractors, considering he got a quarter million dollars to sign a million dollar contract. He'll get another million based on playing time and IF he makes the pro-bowl. It's easier to cut Hall than it is to cut Biggers :shock:

In appears Hall set the market for CBs this off-season :twisted:

C. Griffin got $3M last year and Nmandi's cap number with the niners is only 500K more than what Hall will cost the Skins this year, but he'll only pocket about 10K more than Hall if neither or both make the pro bowl 8)
Last edited by 1niksder on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:09 am

1niksder wrote:It's easier to cut Hall than it is to cut Biggers than Hall

To clarify, which is easier to cut?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:47 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:It's easier to cut Hall than it is to cut Biggers than Hall

To clarify, which is easier to cut?

:mrgreen:

Biggers has a cap hit of $1.5M and Hall's cap hit is $250,000 less however cutting Hall would free up his $1M base salary with $250K in dead money or a savings of $750K on the cap. Cutting Biggers would only free up $635K in base and carry $365K in dead money or a net savings of only $270K.

So if you needed cap space it would be easier to cut Hall and gain $480K more in cap space than if you cut Biggers. Same if you only have one roster spot and their performance in TC is equal.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 am

1niksder wrote:Biggers has a cap hit of $1.5M and Hall's cap hit is $250,000 less however cutting Hall would free up his $1M base salary with $250K in dead money or a savings of $750K on the cap. Cutting Biggers would only free up $635K in base and carry $365K in dead money or a net savings of only $270K.

So if you needed cap space it would be easier to cut Hall and gain $480K more in cap space than if you cut Biggers. Same if you only have one roster spot and their performance in TC is equal.

After reading this over like 7 x's, I'm still like... :-s :-k :hmm: -drinking :puke:

I'll just watch on gameday and hope for the best :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
1niksder wrote:Biggers has a cap hit of $1.5M and Hall's cap hit is $250,000 less however cutting Hall would free up his $1M base salary with $250K in dead money or a savings of $750K on the cap. Cutting Biggers would only free up $635K in base and carry $365K in dead money or a net savings of only $270K.

After reading this over like 7 x's, I'm still like... :-s :-k :hmm: -drinking :puke:

I'll just watch on gameday and hope for the best :lol:

Might be the half mil roster bonus in Biggers deal that's not in Hall's :twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 am

EVERYONE LOOK, UK'S CHANGED HIS SIGNATURE!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Redskins are still $30,000 under the cap. Keep the change, Mara.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football