Former WVU QB Pat White Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm

markshark84 wrote:I could see him filling in for RGIII and then getting placed on the practice team --- which would force the NYG or any other division rival to sign him to their 53 in order to get him. Personally, that is what I think is the most likely scenario.

He'd have to clear waivers first and become a FA, to then be signed to the practice squad. NY could sign him to their practice squad once he's a FA, and never have to add him to the 53.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
markshark84 wrote:I could see him filling in for RGIII and then getting placed on the practice team --- which would force the NYG or any other division rival to sign him to their 53 in order to get him. Personally, that is what I think is the most likely scenario.

He'd have to clear waivers first and become a FA, to then be signed to the practice squad. NY could sign him to their practice squad once he's a FA, and never have to add him to the 53.

Couldn't we just sign him from thier practice squad of they did?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:The fact is we all don't know what he was brought here to do.

True.

DaSkinz Baby wrote:One thing I think we can agree on is if the Giants wanted him, us keeping him is a way to further screw the Giants. He will be on our squad for nothing more than spite, that I do believe.....Thoughts????

I doubt this was a motive. In my view this would be a waste of a roster spot. BTW - is there evidence the Giants had interest?

He is a tremendous athlete who could conceivably help us in many ways.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Then we'd have to put him on our 53. Why cut him first, only to do that?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
We need to stop thinking of him as ONLY a QB and it'll start to make more sense. We potentially got our Percy Harvin, albeit with a diff skillset. He just happens to have been a QB, run the option and be available for cheap.

Let think outside the box... but lets look in the box to see why we are thinking the way we are.

Everybody hasn't seen his skill set, they have only read about his one year in the pros. They forget he was the 44th pick in the NFL draft 4 years ago (under the new CBA... the Dolphins would be deciding if they wanted to pick up his option or not instead he's a on the Redskins roster after being drafted with a Redskins :shock: draft pick). With Pat White under contract everyone that hated the Jason Taylor trade can let it go :P

The fact is Pat White gives Klye more options but with a healthy RGIII Ain't a Damn Thang Changed :twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 am

^^ interesting perspective about the Taylor 'mess' ... I agree, it's a good time to close that up ...

I will add that this seems to me to be another example of how well this franchise is being managed - there is NO WAY that we would have 'found' a potential 'fit' like this a few years ago

these guys don't add players for any reason than what they may offer here and they will ONLY keep him as long as he offers something to our franchise

I like what the video showed and I hope this kid gets another chance - great story
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:32 am

44diesel wrote:I know someone posted this link a while back in another thread, but CLL's point made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nUJkVIX0jI

Wishful thinking, probably, but it's fun to think about the possibilities having two QBs can bring to an offense and as CT pointed out, Kyle was not afraid to get creative last year. Although sometimes too creative (RGIII catching that pass in the Steelers game).

At the very least it's fun to think this move may make some D-Coordinators sweat a little bit more this year.

Definitely! It's exciting to think about the possibilities. And I appreciate the link, I don't feel crazy any more.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 am

Deadskins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Just to et the gnats if they tried to scoop him I guess.. more of a #justsayin post then anything.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:28 am

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:We need to stop thinking of him as ONLY a QB and it'll start to make more sense. We potentially got our Percy Harvin, albeit with a diff skillset. He just happens to have been a QB, run the option and be available for cheap.

Let think outside the box... but lets look in the box to see why we are thinking the way we are.

Everybody hasn't seen his skill set, they have only read about his one year in the pros. They forget he was the 44th pick in the NFL draft 4 years ago (under the new CBA... the Dolphins would be deciding if they wanted to pick up his option or not instead he's a on the Redskins roster after being drafted with a Redskins :shock: draft pick). With Pat White under contract everyone that hated the Jason Taylor trade can let it go :P

The fact is Pat White gives Klye more options but with a healthy RGIII Ain't a Damn Thang Changed :twisted:

EXACTLY !!

This kid is just another example of these guys doing their due diligence and finding a player that might help and at a position where we might need another player

we did not sign him to make sure he couldn't help another franchise - he's here and he'll be given an opportunity - EVERY player here is competing for a chance - that's why we are where we are

we're hampered by this cap BS but these guys are doing everything they can to try and have a unit that can defend the NFC East title

the video of Pat White shows a lot - this kid could make the roster .... but he'll have to earn it
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 am

Deadskins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

LOL.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
the video of Pat White shows a lot - this kid could make the roster .... but he'll have to earn it

Ummm... well... yeah. This player is not just a camp arm. They are not bringing him here merely to run the scout team. They see something here, and it might not be as "just another quarterback".
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:09 pm

44diesel wrote:I know someone posted this link a while back in another thread, but CLL's point made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nUJkVIX0jI

Wishful thinking, probably, but it's fun to think about the possibilities having two QBs can bring to an offense and as CT pointed out, Kyle was not afraid to get creative last year. Although sometimes too creative (RGIII catching that pass in the Steelers game).

At the very least it's fun to think this move may make some D-Coordinators sweat a little bit more this year.

That is sick crazy. Enough confusion to make it nearly indefensible. I likes.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:28 am

This is a good move all the way. Two QB offense? Interesting to say the least. Would love to see it in the NFL.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 am

To me this signing is very similar to signing Tavaris Jackson. They are similar talents. I'm thinking White is younger, came cheaper, and there are more questions about him ... but had we signed Jackson we'd be making many similar comments, conjectures as to how we might use him, etc.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 am

Well I have to disagree. Just because they are both running QBs does not mean they are the same caliber of player.

I actually think Pat White has more potential then Jackson has. Tavaris has already proven he is not a starting caliber QB. I think with the right coaching Pat could be successful maybe even become a starter some day on another team.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football