Shanny: RG3 will 'set a record' for recovery

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan promises Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) will "set a record" for reconstructive knee surgery recovery.
"He’s over at the facility, rehabbing all of the time," Shanahan said. "He’ll set a record for coming back because that’s how hard he works." Shanahan later cautioned to temper expectations. "He is ahead (of schedule), but there’s a process. It takes time. Robert will do it the right way and we’ll find out in July exactly where he’s at. He will not come back until he’s 100 percent." Expect the Redskins to take it easy on RG3 all spring and summer and used him sparingly -- if at all -- in preseason games. If his knee is right, they'll unleash him in Week 1.

per Rotoworld
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Re: Unleash the Beast: week 1

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:34 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan promises Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) will "set a record" for reconstructive knee surgery recovery.
"He’s over at the facility, rehabbing all of the time," Shanahan said. "He’ll set a record for coming back because that’s how hard he works." Shanahan later cautioned to temper expectations. "He is ahead (of schedule), but there’s a process. It takes time. Robert will do it the right way and we’ll find out in July exactly where he’s at. He will not come back until he’s 100 percent." Expect the Redskins to take it easy on RG3 all spring and summer and used him sparingly -- if at all -- in preseason games. If his knee is right, they'll unleash him in Week 1.

per Rotoworld

I always like good news.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:09 am

I want to say at the outset that I think people are taking this a little out of context. (Both here and on WP.) I don't think Shanahan is literally making a prediction that RGIII will set a record for comeback time. I think he's just saying that RGIII is working as hard as he possibly can without endangering his knee. That's paying off in the form of an ahead-of-schedule recovery. That's all I think he's trying to say.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:28 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I want to say at the outset that I think people are taking this a little out of context. (Both here and on WP.) I don't think Shanahan is literally making a prediction that RGIII will set a record for comeback time. I think he's just saying that RGIII is working as hard as he possibly can without endangering his knee. That's paying off in the form of an ahead-of-schedule recovery. That's all I think he's trying to say.

:hmm:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 am

Scratch that...
THAT'S what the edit button does.

I totally agree though. He's using the term loosely- no one is keeping track of recovery times, nor is it something that can really be measured. He's dedicated more then most anyone, and it is paying off. Just a little Off-season fodder for the media; no big deal.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:14 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Scratch that...

I totally agree though. He's using the term loosely- no one is keeping track of recovery times, nor is it something that can really be measured. He's dedicated more then most anyone, and it is paying off. Just a little Off-season fodder for the media; no big deal.

Yep. It's good news. I'm just thinking ahead to August when, if RGIII isn't 100% his old self or even better, people will quote Shanahan circa April as though he had lost his mind. People do this kind of thing all the time. Shanny "staking his reputation" on Grossman and Beck is the other example that comes to mind.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:49 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

Yep. It's good news. I'm just thinking ahead to August when, if RGIII isn't 100% his old self or even better, people will quote Shanahan circa April as though he had lost his mind. People do this kind of thing all the time. Shanny "staking his reputation" on Grossman and Beck is the other example that comes to mind.

Oh I can already see it...
"RGiii misses OTAs, way behind schedule," like this superhuman recovery isn't on track just because Shanny is limiting rgiii in practice.
So long as everyone involved looks to err on the side of caution, and our young beast doesnt push to hard or do more then his knee is ready for... Then it very well may feel like a some kind of record recovery. Hell it already does, this kid is amazing in many ways.

Stronger knees, stronger legs, a year under his belt, that drive, and the work ethics he carries should make for some great highlights this season.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:06 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

"RGiii misses OTAs, way behind schedule," like this superhuman recovery isn't on track just because Shanny is limiting rgiii in practice.
So long as everyone involved looks to err on the side of caution, and our young beast doesnt push to hard or do more then his knee is ready for... Then it very well may feel like a some kind of record recovery. Hell it already does, this kid is amazing in many ways.

Stronger knees, stronger legs, a year under his belt, that drive, and the work ethics he carries should make for some great highlights this season.
... and (you forgot)... his incredible intelligence... that, sir, is HUGE.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Yessir!
Like you, some of us know that truly is his greatest asset; and ironically the most over looked.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:..Stronger knees, stronger legs, a year under his belt, that drive, and the work ethics he carries should make for some great highlights this season.

ME TOO !! :lol:

this kid has shown that he's absolutely driven to excel at everything - he's an exceptional athlete but he's also VERY intelligent and has a high desire to be as good as he can be ..

I really think that both he and Mike will be very cautious about the timing .. but at the same time - when the timing is right, we are going to see a whole new, even better QB/leader than we saw last season
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 am

Kinda wish Mike would stop commenting on it. Every week, he and Dr. Andrews try to outdo the comment of the previous week. lol
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Kinda wish Mike would stop commenting on it. Every week, he and Dr. Andrews try to outdo the comment of the previous week. lol

:!:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Kinda wish Mike would stop commenting on it. Every week, he and Dr. Andrews try to outdo the comment of the previous week. lol

He might just be rubbing salt in Mara's wound. :up:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 am

Deadskins wrote:

He might just be rubbing salt in Mara's wound. :up:

You mean they're not pals???
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:32 am

Wait till OTA's start. Every camera in Washington will be on RGKnee
SPIT HAPPENS!!