Free Agent Thread

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:As much as I'd like to see Helu come back, its difficult to feel hopeful about his longevity. I'd rather us pick up someone new and durable.

How can you base his longevity off of this injury when he's still a young guy? I think it's too soon to question his durability, don't forget the kid was an animal before he got hurt.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:15 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:As much as I'd like to see Helu come back, its difficult to feel hopeful about his longevity. I'd rather us pick up someone new and durable.

How can you base his longevity off of this injury when he's still a young guy? I think it's too soon to question his durability, don't forget the kid was an animal before he got hurt.

I think what can be questioned is his ability to recover from this specific injury. Mike his has doubts about it but feels like he's good enough to give time to heal. Hopefully this guy can get healthy, because he's a great addition for the role in which they use him for.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:15 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Good point. Guess I'm just trying to avoid as much "risk" as possible. Plenty of others on the team with worse history so I guess its a double standard I'm using.

You're right though; he was amazing when he was healthy. Especially in the backfield pass threat.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 pm

So with us currently at about $30,000 in cap space, I can't help but wonder just how literal Antoine Winfield's statement is regarding money not being a factor, just winning.

Is it possible/NFL legal for the Redskins to have one player agree to a pay cut if Winfield agrees to sign with us? In other words, a current Redskin "pre-agreeing" to restructure in the event of a Winfield signing.

Return to General Manager's Office