Redskins sign Ike Williams (former Baylor running back)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Redskins sign Ike Williams (former Baylor running back)

Postby fetus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Per twitter
Ike Williams ‏@I_Williams4 This Is Unbelievably Believable God Is Great Ive Just Been Informed That I Will Be In Mini Camp May 3rd With The Washington Redskins #HTTR

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl7kzXfENE

Looks like a camp guy only but who knows with how our rb highs and lows go
RGIII and the terrible D

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 am

It's always best to just wait and observe when it comes to RB's and Mike. Odds are, he'll suprise us. Scouting reports would have had you believe that Alfred was a "camp body". Within this scheme, anything is possible.

His relationship with RGIII may give him that extra incentive to push harder. That relationship, may provide him more time to build on his current on-field chemistry with Robert. That's an advantage.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It's always best to just wait and observe when it comes to RB's and Mike. Odds are, he'll suprise us. Scouting reports would have had you believe that Alfred was a "camp body". Within this scheme, anything is possible.

His relationship with RGIII may give him that extra incentive to push harder. That relationship, may provide him more time to build on his current on-field chemistry with Robert. That's an advantage.

Forgive my laziness, but was Ike a receiving threat as well? If so, he might end up being a healthy version of Helu. Hope it works out.

CKRGiii

Re: Redskins sign Ike Williams (former Baylor running back)

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:08 pm

fetus wrote:Per twitter
Ike Williams ‏@I_Williams4 This Is Unbelievably Believable God Is Great Ive Just Been Informed That I Will Be In Mini Camp May 3rd With The Washington Redskins #HTTR

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl7kzXfENE

Looks like a camp guy only but who knows with how our rb highs and lows go

Good post man!
like that you included the link- of course the "highlight real" at the end wasn't that great. I'm on ky phone but it appeared to be all his touches in one game, from two angles.

We will have to see how his skillset fits into this scheme, and how much he elevates his play... May be a surprise, like most rbs mike brings in, coupled with the RGIII effect who knows.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 pm

fetus wrote:Looks like a camp guy only but who knows with how our rb highs and lows go

A great athlete but a bit raw. He is a project and I will NEVER underestimate a RB picked up by Shanahan.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:50 am

Ike Williams wrote:“I’m very aggressive on the football team and feel I can do things many other running backs can’t do. I can run inside the tackles, outside the tackles, I have excellent hands. I actually love catching out of the backfield to show my versatility. I don’t shy away from any type of contact. Anyone that is coming in to hit Robert I’m going to stop them.”
[/quote]

If he's not exaggerating about his ability, Roy Helu has just been put on notice.

The rest of the interview with SOW can be found here. [url]http://sonofwashington.com/2013/04/10/ike-williams-determined-to-make-53-man-roster/[/ur][/url]

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 am

what a great problem to have though, which stud to keep? lol
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Ike Williams wrote:“I’m very aggressive on the football team and feel I can do things many other running backs can’t do. I can run inside the tackles, outside the tackles, I have excellent hands. I actually love catching out of the backfield to show my versatility. I don’t shy away from any type of contact. Anyone that is coming in to hit Robert I’m going to stop them.”

If he's not exaggerating about his ability, Roy Helu has just been put on notice.

The rest of the interview with SOW can be found here. [url]http://sonofwashington.com/2013/04/10/ike-williams-determined-to-make-53-man-roster/[/ur][/url]

He is NOT an elusive RB. He is a contact bruiser who attempts to play more like a FB. I do not think that Helu has anything to fear. These are TWO VERY DIFFERENT players.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Don't buy it. The guy couldn't crack first string in college. He's a courtesy pickup.

He is NOT an elusive RB. He is a contact bruiser who attempts to play more like a FB. I do not think that Helu has anything to fear. These are TWO VERY DIFFERENT players.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Helu has a lot to fear, he hasn't been healthy since the last offseason... Hell, he still isn't healthy. Helu is on notice, regardless if he's replaced by this kid or another.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Helu has a lot to fear, he hasn't been healthy since the last offseason... Hell, he still isn't healthy. Helu is on notice, regardless if he's replaced by this kid or another.

That's another story. Which means, we might still take another pro-bowler in the seventh round!!! 8)

I am not discounting this guy but he is still very raw and he is not an elusive RB. He is very physical and plays more like a fast FB. He might benefit in the the one-cut system put in by Shanahan and, most importantly, take a bit of the punishment away from Alfred.

I simply do not over- or under-estimate anybody from the get go. I am just trying to provide a perspective. I am not a homer anyway. :lol:

Ike Williams
Last edited by Redskin in Canada on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I am not discounting this guy but he is still very raw and he is not an elusive or an extremely fast runner. He might benefit in the the one-cut system put in by Shanahan and, most importantly, take a bit of the punishment away from Alfred.

I'm curious about this kid because of his relationship with Robert. I wonder how/if it will benefit his development.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I am not discounting this guy but he is still very raw and he is not an elusive or an extremely fast runner. He might benefit in the the one-cut system put in by Shanahan and, most importantly, take a bit of the punishment away from Alfred.

I'm curious about this kid because of his relationship with Robert. I wonder how/if it will benefit his development.

I will tell you how it goes:

RGIII: Hey coach, we need to take some punishment away from Alfred if we want him to last.

Shanahan: Yes, Alfred took too many hits last season and he did not have much help in a rotation with all those injuries in the backfield and all.

RGIII: We might need some help here if Roy is not ready to go.

Shanahan: We will have a look at the Draft for a good physical RB who can block, catch and adapt to the one-cut system.

RGIII: I have a suggestion, coach. There is this RB who might help. He works hard, he is very physical and you might want to have a look at.

Shanahan: If you like him and work well with him, we will bring him to mini camp and give him a chance to earn a spot in training camp. Deal?

RGIII: Thanks coach!

------------

Week earlier:

Williams (over the phone): Hi bro, how are you doing. How's the knee?

RGIII: Getting better. After all I am "super human" (giggle)

Williams: Bro, can you do something for me? I promise to work my guts out for you man. All I need is a chance. That's all I'm talking about.

RGIII: Sure bro, let me talk to coach. I know you will do well and prove all Mock Draft "gurus" wrong. Let me see what I can do for you.

:wink:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: .. Helu has a lot to fear, he hasn't been healthy since the last offseason... Hell, he still isn't healthy.
Helu is on notice, regardless if he's replaced by this kid or another.

I think that all of these players understand that they have a lot at stake and and have to prove themselves ALL the time

Helu has NOTHING to fear - all he has to do is show he's 'recovered' and ready to be a part of this offense - from what we've heard recently he'll be ready to go in OTAs

Helu will ONLY miss out on a roster spot if he does not show Mike & Kyle that he can play at the level THEY expect - NOT because of what some other player is able to do

actually - I kind of hope both of them make the squad :lol:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 am

I haven't heard any news about Royster this offseason. Is he back at full health? Although he played in most of the games last year, I seem to remember him as playing through a lingering injury all season.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football