Helu Jr. on path to recovery after surgery

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Helu Jr. on path to recovery after surgery

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:34 am

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 pm

he and davis will be key in the changed offense next year, assuming they do change it some.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 pm

I liked Helu his rookie season, but durability is something that can't be questioned in a RB. You have to rely on them. Look at Ryan Matthews.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Re: Helu Jr. on path to recovery after surgery

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/helu-jr-path-recovery-after-surgery

This is very good news.

He will be fine. Expect him to be close to 100%.

“Off of an instinct that something was wrong, we went into surgery,” Helu said. “And we found out there was damaged cartilage [near the big toe] that was causing the problem, but it wasn’t showing up on anything. Thankfully we found it and now it’s gone. The road to recovery this time, since February, has been a lot better.”

Helu ran for the first time since the surgery on Tuesday, and based on how he’s feeling, he said he's aiming to be “without limitations” at the start of OTAs on May 20th.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

A lot of Redskin players will be recovering from injury and/or surgery. If all return healthy....especially our QB....could be a great season.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm

There are a number of players returning from injuries here - Helu will hopefully show that he's able to go ...

There is little chance that RG3 will not be 100% ... almost none actually

The ONLY concern is the timing - he will be as fast, if not faster than he was - his operation and rehab have been great PLUS that stem stuff is like magic ...
This is an olympic level runner - who is very young and incredibly healthy :roll:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GPOSGG ... CE3FDFAD99

Envision this added to our already explosive offense.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GPOSGGKM0&list=PL9F3F46CE3FDFAD99

Envision this added to our already explosive offense.

Nicely done sir!
Now I'm not gonna lie, I've been pullin for Royster... But that was one of my favorite plays we had that year. Hope everyone's healthy and we get some damn good comp at camp and damn good depth! Hail
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

I know I am wearing the glasses and drinking the Aid but, Helu if healthy is going to be the missing piece resolved; on offense.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:50 pm

From the various news outlets (including redskins.com) Helu is looking pretty good. He's been running, catching, and making cuts comfortably.

Hope this continues with him, even though it will mean more crow for me :)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Roy Helu has undergone 'dry needling' to help loosen the muscles in his legs.

Helu has been unable to sustain health since posting 1,019 total yards as a rookie. He blames his series of lower-body injuries on tight muscles, but adds the acupuncture-like dry needling has produced "great results." If Helu's toe is healthy, he'll have a decent shot at winning the third-down job.

Source: Redskins.com
Jun 27 - 9:59 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 am

DarthMonk wrote:Roy Helu has undergone 'dry needling' to help loosen the muscles in his legs.

Helu has been unable to sustain health since posting 1,019 total yards as a rookie. He blames his series of lower-body injuries on tight muscles, but adds the acupuncture-like dry needling has produced "great results." If Helu's toe is healthy, he'll have a decent shot at winning the third-down job.

Source: Redskins.com
Jun 27 - 9:59 AM

Helu needs to have a brilliant showing this preseason or he's gone. If he's even par with either rookie RB, he's gone. Due to his injury history, he'd have to make it incredibiliy difficult for Mike to cut him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 am

The only back I can think of that has the capabilities that Helu has would be
Jawan Jamison.

If you think Helu has an injury history Jawan is in the same boat.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1643 ... an-jamison

Despite bringing with him a rough history of injuries and currently recovering from ACL surgery, there are high hopes for Thompson. The coaching staff loves him as a prospect and his skill set fits all too well in Washington.

He does have impressive skills.

I would agree that Helu needs to have an injury free camp and preseason.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 am

Kilmer72 wrote:The only back I can think of that has the capabilities that Helu has would be
Jawan Jamison.

Despite bringing with him a rough history of injuries and currently recovering from ACL surgery, there are high hopes for Thompson. The coaching staff loves him as a prospect and his skill set fits all too well in Washington.

How does Chris Thompson's injury history put Jawan Jamison in the same boat as Roy Helu Jr.?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 pm

1niksder wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:The only back I can think of that has the capabilities that Helu has would be
Jawan Jamison.

How does Chris Thompson's injury history put Jawan Jamison in the same boat as Roy Helu Jr.?

Your right it doesn't. I could have sworn it was Jawan with the injury history not Thompson. According to that article though Jawan is more of a project.

While I don’t necessarily believe he needs to beg to make the roster, I did see more than a decent number of comments a couple weeks ago implying that rookie running back Jawan Jamison was nothing more than a practice squad guy and hopeful project

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football