Draft Meetings

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
DarthMonk

Draft Meetings

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:29 pm

This is a compilation of draft prospect meetings. The data were acquired via Charlie Campbell (@draftcampbell) and other media sources.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.

Washington Redskins:
Oday Aboushi, OL, Virginia (COM)
Robert Alford, DB, Southeast Louisiana (COM)
Sam Barrington, LB, South Florida (EW)
Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech (EW)
Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (SR)
Montori Hughes, DL, Tennessee-Martin (SR)
Tony Jefferson, DB, Oklahoma (COM)
Keelan Johnson, DB, Arizona State (COM)
Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (COM)
Robert Lester, DB, Alabama (COM)
Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU (COM)
T.J. McDonald, S, USC (COM)
Bradley McDougald, S, Kansas (EW)
Brandon McGee, CB, Miami (EW)
Will Pericak, DL, Colorado (EW)
Ty Powell, LB, Harding (SR)
Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State (COM)
Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse (COM)
Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee (SR)
D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina (COM) (SR) (SR)
Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech (COM)
Phillip Thomas, DB, Fresno State (SR) (SR)
Duke Williams, DB, Nevada (SR)
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

Wish Safety Earl Wolff from NC State was on that list. Guy was a very good player in college and has big upside on the next level.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Don't ask nick kasa if he likes women!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Here is an update on guys we met with who played in the Senior Bowl.

(COM) means we also met with the guy at the combine and (PRI) means we also had a private workout.

Phillip Thomas, DB, Fresno State (PRI) (SR)
Duke Williams, DB, Nevada (PRI) (SR)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 am

DarthMonk wrote:Here is an update on guys we met with who played in the Senior Bowl.

(COM) means we also met with the guy at the combine and (PRI) means we also had a private workout.

DARTH,
Thank you very much for making this list and keeping it up to date!

All,
One word of caution, Shanny has a history of taking players even if he had never met with them.
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 am

I love the fact the most of the players they have interviewed are a DB of some type and most have some height to them.

I would really like them to draft Nick Kasa, especially if they can get him in the 5th like some references have him going. We have needed a legit tall WR or TE for years and he is 19.2 hands high (or 78" for those that don't spend much time with ancient measurements or around houses). He is raw but has the tools to become a monster.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Here is an update on guys we met with who played in the Senior Bowl.

DARTH,
Thank you very much for making this list and keeping it up to date!

All,
One word of caution, Sganny has a history of taking players even if he had never met with them.

You know, I thought I recalled this being the case as well. I'm not sure I care too too much what they do after s,cb,s/cb. The first 2 must be in 2nd and 3rd, the 3rd s/cb can be whenever.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:08 pm

We are apparently interested in this guy:

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein reports Georgia S Bacarri Rambo dealt with a hamstring injury throughout Senior Bowl week.

Zierlein wondered earlier in the week if Rambo was hurt after the Georgia safety was late to close and appeared to favor an injury. Rambo is usually quite agile, especially at a center field, ball hawking spot. He might be a third- to fifth-round option in April.

Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

There is a "weed" issue. Here is a decent write-up:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1535 ... arri-rambo

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm

For how late he's gonna go, Rambo is a good value. He can cover, if nothing else. I like Swearinger and Phillip Thomas. Probly like Thomas better cuz of his cover skills, but he's injury prone and Swearinger can knock peoples heads off.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Interesting, we interview just ONE WR and he might go in the 6th or 7th round...smokescreen in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a WR with our 2nd round pick...of couse, if the right guy isn't there they might wait until the 3rd round pick. One of Ryan Swope or Stedman Bailey should be there at 51. They could be the future slot WR, replacing Moss. Maybe Quinton Patton or Robert Woods might fall to 51. Don't see Hopkins falling to 51, unfortunately!

What better way to win in the NFL but feed your stud qb more weapons? I am NOT sold (yet, but could be...) on Hank, Morgan, Robinson or Briscoe being a 2. Garcon is our 1, no question. This is probably Moss's last year.

If the Skins think Jackson and Merriweather are able to return at SS and FS, add more weapons for Bob! You can get backup safeties later in the draft.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm

DB, Fred... ain't nobody goin to no show without secondary improvement.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:34 pm

fredp45 wrote:Interesting, we interview just ONE WR and he might go in the 6th or 7th round...smokescreen in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a WR with our 2nd round pick

I would be VERY surprised ... actually shocked, if they do that :shock:

I don't know much but I'll be interested to see if our FO sees things the same way you do ... :roll:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 am

It's all about the best value. Everybody's assuming they're going to pick safety and corner with the first two picks - that might be the case, but if the real value is in picking a wide receiver or a right tackle, then I expect them to do just that.

Shanahan and Allen have proven that they can get value with their picks in the last two years, and a little help from AJ Smith isn't likely to hinder that.

Considering that we don't have a first round pick (how did that trade work out last year, by the way?!), I'm really looking forward to this draft :-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 am

I agree UK ... and would hope that we ALWAYS bring in the best player available ... no matter the need ...

that being said ... this draft has a number of VERY GOOD players available at positions of need for our defense - I really think we're going to be looking at DBs or safeties

I AM looking forward to who these guys bring in as well - we now seem to have some very astute 'player evaluators' unlike before Mike & Bruce got involved
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:02 pm

fredp45 wrote:Interesting, we interview just ONE WR and he might go in the 6th or 7th round...smokescreen in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a WR with our 2nd round pick...of couse, if the right guy isn't there they might wait until the 3rd round pick. One of Ryan Swope or Stedman Bailey should be there at 51. They could be the future slot WR, replacing Moss. Maybe Quinton Patton or Robert Woods might fall to 51. Don't see Hopkins falling to 51, unfortunately!

What better way to win in the NFL but feed your stud qb more weapons? I am NOT sold (yet, but could be...) on Hank, Morgan, Robinson or Briscoe being a 2. Garcon is our 1, no question. This is probably Moss's last year.

If the Skins think Jackson and Merriweather are able to return at SS and FS, add more weapons for Bob! You can get backup safeties later in the draft.

I was thinking the same thing about mtg one WR. I have hopped on the hype wagon that we may end up drafting a WR early. Many are speculating pick 51. If a serious top safety is gone come pick 51, I'd be ok with best available WR only because of Garcon & Morgan possibly not being 100% and of course an aging Moss (who definitely still has it none the less). Picking a WR seems safe...hopefully we'll snag up a great WR & Safety this draft...then CB & RT, etc.

Return to NFL Draft 2013