Orakpo "100%" and "Ready to Wreak Havoc"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Orakpo "100%" and "Ready to Wreak Havoc"

Postby ACW » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:29 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... 00-percent
“Health is great,” Orakpo said Friday evening on Comcast SportsNet during a guest appearance on Redskins Nation. “I’m good, man, I’m feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I’m 100-percent …to be honest, I’m great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].”
But I have some huge goals for myself this year, some huge goals for this team. I’m ready to wreak havoc. I’m ready to get my crown back as far as putting hell to these quarterbacks in the NFC East and all over the NFL.”
A healthy Orakpo and 3rd-year Kerrigan? :twisted:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Re: Orakpo "100%" and "Ready to Wreak Havoc&q

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 pm

ACW wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/orakpo-says-hes-100-percent
“Health is great,” Orakpo said Friday evening on Comcast SportsNet during a guest appearance on Redskins Nation. “I’m good, man, I’m feeling great. Rehab has been going tremendously well. I’m 100-percent …to be honest, I’m great, man, my body is feeling even better than what it was before as far as conditioning and strength-wise. Because one thing when you get hurt is you get to work on all the little muscles that you have a tendency to [overlook].”
But I have some huge goals for myself this year, some huge goals for this team. I’m ready to wreak havoc. I’m ready to get my crown back as far as putting hell to these quarterbacks in the NFC East and all over the NFL.”

FINALLY, The Rak has come back to Washing-ton, D. C.!

I. Can. Not. Wait.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Re: Orakpo "100%" and "Ready to Wreak Havoc&a

Postby ACW » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 pm

emoses14 wrote:
ACW wrote:http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/orakpo-says-hes-100-percent

FINALLY, The Rak has come back to Washing-ton, D. C.!
:rock: <<< Hehe that emoticon's called :rock."
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 pm

he has the potential to have a huggge year. stay healthy big fella!
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Right on, Orakpo. Sounds like he is hungry. We're going to need it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 am

The problem with Rak being back is it puts Rob Jackson on the bench and he is a better overall LB than Rak is.

No, he can't pass rush anywhere near as well as Rak can, but he is MUCH better in pass coverage than Rak and plays the run just as well.

If PR or LF went down I would loved to see RJ get some time at ILB!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:The problem with Rak being back is it puts Rob Jackson on the bench and he is a better overall LB than Rak is.

No, he can't pass rush anywhere near as well as Rak can, but he is MUCH better in pass coverage than Rak and plays the run just as well.

You know... Hmm... I can't disagree with you, but I don't know if I'm ready to say he's better overall. I dunno...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:40 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:The problem with Rak being back is it puts Rob Jackson on the bench and he is a better overall LB than Rak is.

No, he can't pass rush anywhere near as well as Rak can, but he is MUCH better in pass coverage than Rak and plays the run just as well. ...

This is a team game - the coaches know better than you do who who helps the other players around them

Jackson MIGHT be a better 'overall LB' but that is not as important as who is the better fit with the other players

Jackson MIGHT be better in pass coverage but he's not 'MUCH better' and we don't really know what the coaches are seeing

you could be right about Jackson but I'll wait and see who's playing .... that will tell me who is REALLY the better fit for the defense

btw - I'm just glad we have both players - we know they're ALL focused on making the players around them better ... NOT being 'better' than someone else :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:14 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

You know... Hmm... I can't disagree with you, but I don't know if I'm ready to say he's better overall. I dunno...

RJ is definitely better in coverage than Rak. In everything else, including run defense, and especially, as SF33 pointed out, in pass rush, I see Rak as demonstrably better. Therefore, I don't see how you can conclude that RJ is better overall. If there are 3 things that are being evaluated in the comparison, and Rak is better (for me by far) in 2/3, then doesn't that make him better over all because math?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 am

emoses14 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

RJ is definitely better in coverage than Rak. In everything else, including run defense, and especially, as SF33 pointed out, in pass rush, I see Rak as demonstrably better. Therefore, I don't see how you can conclude that RJ is better overall. If there are 3 things that are being evaluated in the comparison, and Rak is better (for me by far) in 2/3, then doesn't that make him better over all because math?

I can't say that Jackson is better than Rak after a PARTIAL SEASON.... Just like in the other thread, I can't call RGIII the best QB in the league after a rookie season...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:14 am

It's easy to underrate Orakpo because after a promising start he's had a couple of disappointing seasons.

It's easy to overrate Jackson because he's up-and-coming and played out of his mind at the end of last year.

Orakpo is still the better overall player. We'd be crazy not to start him if he's healthy. Work Jackson in wherever you can.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 am

Just in case I was unclear, I do like RJ's coverage skills better, by a hair, but unequivocally think Rak is the better player. In fact, as I've said before I think Rak is our best OLB, period.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 am

I just don't agree that having Orakpo back playing is a 'problem' like SF33 is pointing to in his post

I think that having both these guys on our squad and ready to contribute is a good thing
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:02 am

Irn-Bru wrote:It's easy to underrate Orakpo because after a promising start he's had a couple of disappointing seasons.

It's easy to overrate Jackson because he's up-and-coming and played out of his mind at the end of last year.

Orakpo is still the better overall player. We'd be crazy not to start him if he's healthy. Work Jackson in wherever you can.

Coaches plan against Rak and he still shines.

If Rob started this year and didn't have the element of surprise of being an unknown, would he still shine?

Thats why I can't crown anyone after a year or less of play. Let's talk in season 3 of them starting.

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am

I'm just glad we have both :)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football