Orakpo "100%" and "Ready to Wreak Havoc"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14248
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:23 am

I seem to recall that Haslett had a plan to get RJ on the field at the same time as Rak and Kerrigan in some situations...

There may be a way to make EVERYONE happy... and really blow up the opposing O at the same time!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

Well, I have no idea what "crown" this is that Orakpo is planning to win back, but I''ll be very glad to see him back. Let's hope he returns at 100% this time, and stays healthy.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

---
User avatar
Posts: 18555
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:04 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, I have no idea what "crown" this is that Orakpo is planning to win back, but I''ll be very glad to see him back. Let's hope he returns at 100% this time, and stays healthy.


Rak isn't being crowned. My point is that I'm not going to crown Rob Jackson as being better than Rak after playing 3/5 of a season...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#33
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:38 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I just don't agree that having Orakpo back playing is a 'problem' like SF33 is pointing to in his post

I think that having both these guys on our squad and ready to contribute is a good thing


Not saying it is a problem! I am saying there is a trade off. RJ is MUCH better in coverage. Rak is a much better pass rusher and I would say RJ has a slight edge in run support, but if someone wanted to say Rak was a little better in run support I wouldn't argue it.

I would like to never have Rak in pass coverage, he is just that much of a liability when you compare him to RJ. He wasn't drafted as high as he was to cover TEs and RBs. He was drafted to put pressure on the QB.

Maybe, the coaches will figure out how to use both.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ
Posts: 12937
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:07 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:The problem with Rak being back is it puts Rob Jackson on the bench and he is a better overall LB than Rak is.

No, he can't pass rush anywhere near as well as Rak can, but he is MUCH better in pass coverage than Rak and plays the run just as well.

If PR or LF went down I would loved to see RJ get some time at ILB!


^^ skinsfan - just a reminder - this post is what I'm referring to ... :twisted:

I agree with you about RJ but you are NOT correct in your assertions

when you have 2 players like this, you find a way to utilize them - good position coaches DO NOT "put a talented player on the bench" as you assume is going to happen

you also DO NOT KNOW how these players will be used THIS season
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15749
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

emoses14 wrote:In fact, as I've said before I think Rak is our best OLB, period.

I'd give Kerrigan the nod.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 pm
Location: Pa

Postby Bee_Skins_Fan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm

This was very positive news. Our pash rush is so much better with him in the game.

It will be good to see him help to take pressure off others and help to elevate the play of those around him.

Hog
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:In fact, as I've said before I think Rak is our best OLB, period.

I'd give Kerrigan the nod.


I agree Deadskins. Kerrigan is our best but Rak is the difference maker when it comes to pressure. Kerrigan will be on fire with Raks pressure. IMO

B-rad
Posts: 3036
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Rob Jackson didn't even get a whiff of the backfield for most of last year, qb's had all day until Haslett had to run blitzes all the time. Orakpo coming back will make a HUGE difference.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:50 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Well, I have no idea what "crown" this is that Orakpo is planning to win back, but I''ll be very glad to see him back. Let's hope he returns at 100% this time, and stays healthy.


Rak isn't being crowned. My point is that I'm not going to crown Rob Jackson as being better than Rak after playing 3/5 of a season...

My post was a reference to Orakpo's own words, not a response to yours Chris. I'm deliberately and mischievously reading way too much into his comment about winning back his crown - it just grated with me a little, given that I really don't think he's proven to anyone yet that he's a premier pass rusher in this league. He's a very good one, and certainly will be a great addition to our defence if he returns healthy, and I'll be genuinely pleased to see him back.

Just me trying to make an argument out of nothing!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Great news. I cant wait either. Its not a bad thing to have Rob Jackson in the wings as well.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Hearing that he's 100% is very encouraging. I was a bit doubtful of him from what I've heard about the potential complexity of his injury.

Speaking of which, I heard a lot of commentators stating Orakpo's injury as one that is usually chronic and take a very long, complicated process to heal.

I'm pretty sure there's no doctor's on this board, but is this just more BS from Skins haters or is there another player(s) that have confirmed this.

Not trying to be negative at all, just a bit excited and am hoping for the most reasonable reality check possible.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4034
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Hearing that he's 100% is very encouraging. I was a bit doubtful of him from what I've heard about the potential complexity of his injury.

Speaking of which, I heard a lot of commentators stating Orakpo's injury as one that is usually chronic and take a very long, complicated process to heal.

I'm pretty sure there's no doctor's on this board, but is this just more BS from Skins haters or is there another player(s) that have confirmed this.

Not trying to be negative at all, just a bit excited and am hoping for the most reasonable reality check possible.


I think in general it is hard to recover from without damaging it again. That means rehab is key. For now he is in the clear, has taken a lot of time off, but its still a repeat injury to a surgically repaired area. I understand that he didn't tear the exact same thing just same muscle group on the same side. Obviously rehabilitating is tough- part of you gets weaker while the other over compensates. Hopefully the added time off slowed down his recovery time table, and leads to complete strengthening and conditioning of all muscles in the area. Sounds like he feels like he is in much better shape then he was previously, and is hopeful its a thing of the past.
Long story short he rushed it the first time(s) and that led to re-injury, he's altered his approach to the healing process and now he feels and expects to stay healthy. :rock:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Hearing that he's 100% is very encouraging. I was a bit doubtful of him from what I've heard about the potential complexity of his injury.

Speaking of which, I heard a lot of commentators stating Orakpo's injury as one that is usually chronic and take a very long, complicated process to heal.

I'm pretty sure there's no doctor's on this board, but is this just more BS from Skins haters or is there another player(s) that have confirmed this.

Not trying to be negative at all, just a bit excited and am hoping for the most reasonable reality check possible.


I think in general it is hard to recover from without damaging it again. That means rehab is key. For now he is in the clear, has taken a lot of time off, but its still a repeat injury to a surgically repaired area. I understand that he didn't tear the exact same thing just same muscle group on the same side. Obviously rehabilitating is tough- part of you gets weaker while the other over compensates. Hopefully the added time off slowed down his recovery time table, and leads to complete strengthening and conditioning of all muscles in the area. Sounds like he feels like he is in much better shape then he was previously, and is hopeful its a thing of the past.
Long story short he rushed it the first time(s) and that led to re-injury, he's altered his approach to the healing process and now he feels and expects to stay healthy. :rock:


Thanks brother.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I didn't realize it was a different muscle area.

Hope he becomes all he can for as long as he can.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4034
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Hearing that he's 100% is very encouraging. I was a bit doubtful of him from what I've heard about the potential complexity of his injury.

Speaking of which, I heard a lot of commentators stating Orakpo's injury as one that is usually chronic and take a very long, complicated process to heal.

I'm pretty sure there's no doctor's on this board, but is this just more BS from Skins haters or is there another player(s) that have confirmed this.

Not trying to be negative at all, just a bit excited and am hoping for the most reasonable reality check possible.


I think in general it is hard to recover from without damaging it again. That means rehab is key. For now he is in the clear, has taken a lot of time off, but its still a repeat injury to a surgically repaired area. I understand that he didn't tear the exact same thing just same muscle group on the same side. Obviously rehabilitating is tough- part of you gets weaker while the other over compensates. Hopefully the added time off slowed down his recovery time table, and leads to complete strengthening and conditioning of all muscles in the area. Sounds like he feels like he is in much better shape then he was previously, and is hopeful its a thing of the past.
Long story short he rushed it the first time(s) and that led to re-injury, he's altered his approach to the healing process and now he feels and expects to stay healthy. :rock:


Thanks brother.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I didn't realize it was a different muscle area.

Hope he becomes all he can for as long as he can.


If I remember correctly its his pectoral muscle, same side he had corrective surgery on, but a different part of it.

Don't quote me on it though, its been a minute since I read into it
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football