Hognostications 2013

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
~~~~~~

Hognostications 2013

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 am

I see several complaints in this thread relating to the system used last year. Several people miss the weekly tally of results and the back and forward among contenders.

I would agree that the previous system was more fun. It led to closer interaction. But there is a reason for it. There was a person, a HARD-WORKING VOLUNTEER, behind it.

Texas Hog started it (one of our better posters from the past), I took it from him for a few years, Bosshog helped with software to facilitate the counting one year, and then Hoss took it to the next level over the last few years. It is A LOT of work.

In my view, the past system was more fun but we run out of volunteers to do a lot of things around here. The mods do a great job and some of our best posters produce some good articles but let us be frank:

THE LEVEL OF SUPPORT FOR THIS BOARD HAS BEEN IN DECLINE.

And this is our collective fault. Maybe we have work, family, hobbies, over-time, whatever, but support is down.

Just look at the thread to support Bosshog and count the number of people who have helped at a time of GREAT NEED.

Let us make a deal:

IF EACH AND ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN THIS YEAR'S HOGNOSTICATIONS DONATE $20 to the assistance fund, I will still use the ESPN counter but I will produce a weekly thread and report to discuss the results in the way we used to do it before.

Agreed?

This is the donation thread in case somebody forgot:

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39280

Lets put our money where our mouth is. I will do the work. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am

I'll go for that, but please use Yahoo instead of ESPN.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am

Sounds good on all accounts...

I'll do my best to donate this year, can we get some th.n stickers? I'd be down to help make and distribute them. Being a part of Jeep forums, that's the norm. Show your support, then wear it proud on your rig.

On a side note, and not to detract at all from your message, the format was changed because some one asked to try it... NOT because our brave leaders decided hey didn't have the means to front the load. I'm quite confident if we wanted to do it like it has been done this whole time, volunteers will step up if need be.
Again, great message there, I'm in total agreement.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 am

Actually, Hoss was nowhere to be found at the start of the season, and nobody stepped up to take his place. ACW set up the ESPN game, and everyone just followed along.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 am

That's not the way I took it, but if that's the case... No one asked for help either... So its whatever. No harm done.
A combo of yahoo and weekly or bi weekly blogs may bring some of the fun back.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:Actually, Hoss was nowhere to be found at the start of the season, and nobody stepped up to take his place. ACW set up the ESPN game, and everyone just followed along.

This is exactly my recollection of the facts at the time.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:12 am

I ONLY have two positive responses to this proposal so far. I need more.

Under this arrangement, I would create the counter in Yahoo and do the report thread ahead of every week's game.

EVERYBODY, with no exceptions whatsoever, including myself, who subscribes to Hognostications would put a message and a donation of $20 in the fund:

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39280

If I do not get at least five other posters to go along in advance of week 1, I will not do it. I certainly hope that we have as many Hognosticators as we have had in the most successful year so far. :celebrate:

Hognostitraitors will be dealt with swiftly. :twisted:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Come on, people... this is a good deal!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm in - I'm on vacation and will take care of this when I get back ..

this is a no-brainer ...

thanks ...
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am

Countertrey wrote:Come on, people... this is a good deal!

I didn't read whatever was said before.. I only saw this and I fully endorse whatever CT is talkin about.

good idea, let's do it.

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 am

$20 for something that was free in the past? :shock:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 am

ACW wrote:$20 for something that was free in the past? :shock:

YES, $20 but not for something that was "FREE IN THE PAST".

Financing, creation and maintenance of this website was conducted by Bosshog at no cost to anybody else FOR YEARS. We have been enjoying this website due to his generosity and hard work since August 2002.

I am the first to appreciate his effort and the valuable and indispensable work done by our moderators and writers. Our moderators do not get even enough appreciation and gratitude from all of us often enough. People forget that this is a collective VOLUNTARY effort which brings joy and fun to all posters but it is nobody's obligation. This website could be shutdown any time today if the volunteers did not work and Bosshog stopped financing this website.

This small amount of $20 per poster is not a fee, it is a donation at a time of need for a friend who needs our help at a time of medical emergency. What part of that is it difficult to understand?

Those who may not wish to donate may play and post elsewhere as far as I am concerned. If people are not willing to contribute to a good cause, I rather not have them among my brothers and sisters in this website.

I will certainly be glad to call proudly BROTHERS those posters who join me in the Hognostications this year. :idea:

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:59 pm

:oops: My bad, I hadn't seen the original thread. :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I donated $20.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Great call, ACW!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
ACW wrote:$20 for something that was free in the past? :shock:

YES, $20 but not for something that was "FREE IN THE PAST".

Financing, creation and maintenance of this website was conducted by Bosshog at no cost to anybody else FOR YEARS. We have been enjoying this website due to his generosity and hard work since August 2002.

I am the first to appreciate his effort and the valuable and indispensable work done by our moderators and writers. Our moderators do not get even enough appreciation and gratitude from all of us often enough. People forget that this is a collective VOLUNTARY effort which brings joy and fun to all posters but it is nobody's obligation. This website could be shutdown any time today if the volunteers did not work and Bosshog stopped financing this website.

This small amount of $20 per poster is not a fee, it is a donation at a time of need for a friend who needs our help at a time of medical emergency. What part of that is it difficult to understand?

Those who may not wish to donate may play and post elsewhere as far as I am concerned. If people are not willing to contribute to a good cause, I rather not have them among my brothers and sisters in this website.

I will certainly be glad to call proudly BROTHERS those posters who join me in the Hognostications this year. :idea:

Amen!

Instead of th.n stickers, which I still think is a novel idea, we could add something to posters Avatar/ name area. Instead of hognos champ yada yada put th.n supporter or something clever. That way we can tease and ridicule those who haven't donated until no end.... In the appropriate forum, but of course :twisted:

Return to Around the League