How you feeling about that first round pick we gave up now?

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
Hog

How you feeling about that first round pick we gave up now?

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 am

Apologies if this has been hit on in another thread already. I'm just wondering a day before the 2013 Draft how you guys are feeling about this first rounder we gave up to get RGIII now?

Some GMs are calling this the worst draft class in 10 years in terms of star power and potential franchise players. Apparently there's not a single QB worth taking in the first round unless you want to reach on Ryan Nassib.

A lot of people spent last April gloating about how stupid it was for the Redskins to trade away those first round picks. Is there anybody you're looking at in the first round this year and thinking, "Man I wish we had THAT GUY instead of RGIII"?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 am

NOPE.
I think the weak class makes what we gave up that much better, obviously. Not only would I have given up more, but NOW its a complete steal. Best trade up in history.
Haven't been keeping track who those picks lead to. I consider last year's first not worth mentioning cuz we got RGIII- but the second rounder I dunno who they got. Sure wasn't Alfred Morris! Lmao, we pretty much drafted greatness and are laughing all the way to NFC east champions circle.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 am

Plus, with our finishing position, the Rams get a much devalued first round pick. Let's hope that next year it's even worse.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 am

Deadskins wrote:Plus, with our finishing position, the Rams get a much devalued first round pick. Let's hope that next year it's even worse.

+1.

I've seen the Rams maybe taking Eddie Lacy with that first rounder this year. Love to see that while we're rolling with the guy we got in the sixth round.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 am

I can even see us trading down for more picks if there is a request from another team.

I see this happening if the right player is not already on the board, or if he is, they feel they can still grab him a few picks down.

This is, apparently, a mid-round Draft. So, the more picks, the better.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Plus, with our finishing position, the Rams get a much devalued first round pick. Let's hope that next year it's even worse.

+1.

I've seen the Rams maybe taking Eddie Lacy with that first rounder this year. Love to see that while we're rolling with the guy we got in the sixth round.

The top of the draft is so weak they're trying to trade the pick the Skins gave them :D
Last edited by 1niksder on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 am

LOL. Just heard that on ESPN, 1niksder. Even better.

How crazy too that Safety is the position the analysts seem to think is deepest this year? I heard Mike Mayock this morning saying he thought teams could probably find starters at safety in the second and third rounds.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 am

riggofan wrote:LOL. Just heard that on ESPN, 1niksder. Even better.

How crazy too that Safety is the position the analysts seem to think is deepest this year? I heard Mike Mayock this morning saying he thought teams could probably find starters at safety in the second and third rounds.

Corners too =P~
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:32 pm

I don't regret it this year. It will be a bit old when April rolls around next year, no doubt. To go for two years without a first rounder is a real challenge. It just underscores how high the price was to draft RGIII. First-round picks are no guarnatees, but the vast majority of star talent comes within the first 20-40 picks (depending on the draft).

But no, I do not regret it. He is already proving himself to be a once-in-a-decade kind of player and could end his career having been a once-in-a-generation kind of player. I still have a hard time believing we get to have him on our team.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 pm

1niksder wrote:
riggofan wrote:

+1.

The top of the draft is so weak they're trying to trade the pick the Skins gave them :D

HAHAHA!! Exactly...quite ironic

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:48 pm

As you all well know... I was on the RG3 train long before he was seen as a top 20 pick... This weak class makes it all the better. Whiff for Griff...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I don't regret it this year. It will be a bit old when April rolls around next year, no doubt. To go for two years without a first rounder is a real challenge. It just underscores how high the price was to draft RGIII. First-round picks are no guarnatees, but the vast majority of star talent comes within the first 20-40 picks (depending on the draft).

But no, I do not regret it. He is already proving himself to be a once-in-a-decade kind of player and could end his career having been a once-in-a-generation kind of player. I still have a hard time believing we get to have him on our team.

Totally agree. Going two years without a first round pick is damn tough, but...

All this talk about the Redskins draft history got me thinking... From 1991-1996 the team drafted Bobby Wilson, Desmond Howard, Tom Carter, Heath Shuler, Michael Westbrook and Andre Johnson. Apart from Carter, who was only here four years, that's a really crappy track record. Since Shanahan's been here we got Trent Williams (1, 2010), Perry Riley (4, 2010), Ryan Kerrigan (1, 2011), Jarvis Jenkins (2, 1011), a host of role players from that 2011 draft and Robert Griffin (1, 2012), Alfred Morris (6, 2012) and a host of good role players with some potential in that 2012 draft.

The team is going to be okay without a first round pick this year or next. Griffin was certainly worth the cost. It won't be a lot of fun to have to go two years without a #1, but the Redskins will have a lot of money to spend next season, that'll take some of the sting out of it.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 am

A lot of cap room in 2014 will more than make up for no 2014 1st round pick.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:31 pm

I would of traded ten years of no 1st round picks for RG3. Still happy we have RG3.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Best trade ever. And Alfred Morris played like a first round pick. We are not sweating the trade at all.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to NFL Draft 2013