North Korea

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:55 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:On a lighter note: I went to see Olympus Has Fallen last night. Complete and utter garbage of course. Timely and topical garbage with a corny Independence Day style speech at the end. I think Gerard Butler may have shown us the way in this film: just kill everybody. It seemed to work for him.

I'd like to put on record that I only went to see this film because I was bored, NOT because I base my whole life on the teachings of Gerard Butler.

In the event that this whole Korea thing does, erm, blow up, please don't expect help from the UK. Our entire military now consists of two squads of soldiers, a Cessna with a front mounted water pistol, and a recently repaired inflatable dinghy.

Whatever dude, the movie was good you American hater. :lol:

Oh, I enjoyed it, but it was garbage nevertheless :-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 am

Countertrey wrote:How did Reagan handle the Soviets?

He certainly did not nuke any of them. :lol:

And, while there is no doubt that his role was extremely important and even crucial, the persons who assisted him on the right -peaceful- strategy track were: Margaret Thatcher and John Paul II.

With great respect, I still wait to discover who among non-US international leaders can fill those two pairs of big empty shoes in the current generation.

Ahhhh! Just in case you thought this was an ethnocentric American issue. It is not. A great deal of the right approaches are born outside the USA. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:In the event that this whole Korea thing does, erm, blow up, please don't expect help from the UK. Our entire military now consists of two squads of soldiers, a Cessna with a front mounted water pistol, and a recently repaired inflatable dinghy.

While reality is quite a bit different, recent and current UK "leaders" surely make it feel that way. I sympathise. :-({|=
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

JOHN 'FRIGGIN' RAMBO!!!

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Oh, I enjoyed it, but it was garbage nevertheless :-)

As a Skins fan under the ownership of Dan Snyder for most years, I know the feeling. :roll:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 pm

My point, RiC was that the Soviets knew that he was absolutely resolute...
I doubt that any world leader would use that adjective to describe the current POTUS...

It certainly did not hurt that the Iron Lady and Pope John Paul were pushing hard, too...

BTW... the only person suggesting nuking anyone is a fat tyrant with bad hair...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:06 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Oh, I enjoyed it, but it was garbage nevertheless :-)

As a Skins fan under the ownership of Dan Snyder for most years, I know the feeling. :roll:

ROTFALMAO

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:

He certainly did not nuke any of them. :lol:

And, while there is no doubt that his role was extremely important and even crucial, the persons who assisted him on the right -peaceful- strategy track were: Margaret Thatcher and John Paul II.

With great respect, I still wait to discover who among non-US international leaders can fill those two pairs of big empty shoes in the current generation.

Ahhhh! Just in case you thought this was an ethnocentric American issue. It is not. A great deal of the right approaches are born outside the USA. :wink:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you (drum roll please).............

David Cameron!

I'll get my coat now.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am

to solve this n korea issue, we need to send rodman over to make peace. and hopefully they keep him there. lol

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:to solve this n korea issue, we need to send rodman over to make peace. and hopefully they keep him there. lol

In the spirit of the NFL draft, perhaps the US can "trade up" for peace by offering Mr. Rodman. I think its a pretty good deal...who needs foods and water anyway :wink:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:to solve this n korea issue, we need to send rodman over to make peace. and hopefully they keep him there. lol

In the spirit of the NFL draft, perhaps the US can "trade up" for peace by offering Mr. Rodman. I think its a pretty good deal...who needs foods and water anyway :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're eye-eye on this one too!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm

How ignorant can Rodman be, you ask?

PSY sets Rodman straight :roll:

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:46 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're eye-eye on this one too!
:lol:

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:David Cameron!

I do not think you have had a Statesman or Stateswoman as a leader from either party since Maggie. Did you see my "leaders" post above? It referred to all UK leaders since her.

It has always bewildered me why one of the least competent US Presidents in modern history would outplay a smarter and far better educated Labour PM at the time. I have read a couple on insightful analyses which aim to explain this dynamic but I am not yet convinced.

At least your former PM has a job in US academia (but students are apparently not allowed to ask questions or divulge the confidential nature of his lectures). :lol:

Too bad, I would have asked: How did you allow a less educated man to outplay you and got you to pursue such disastrous economic, military and foreign policies??? But I do not have a fortune to spend on tuition to ask that question. :wink:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote: It has always bewildered me why one of the least competent US Presidents in modern history would outplay a smarter and far better educated Labour PM at the time.

Perhaps the answer lies in the BOLD, UNDERLINED, ITALICIZED, YELLOW word above.

:wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to The Lounge