What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:54 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
gay4pacman wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
gay4pacman wrote:keeping rgiii happy and dangerous. he will play the motion tight end and be a legitimate receiving option. i like this pick.

This is what I have read regarding this dude:

Weaknesses – Fails to get over the face of the defensive end when reach blocking. Footwork is not consistent or sustained often enough when blocking, causes him to go to the ground. Posture can get too tall when attacking shoulder of opposition, loses positioning in that way. Needs better anticipation when asked to block at the second level. The type that turns and watches the play after the ball carrier runs past him. Route tree is limited, many or flare outs to the flats. Asked to sit down in soft areas. Hips can get too high when he is asked to run routes, not much exaggeration with head movement.

Bottom Line – Reed ended the season on a low note after being benched in the Sugar Bowl for a poor attitude.

Sorry but this further IMHO that this was a wasted pick.... :roll: :roll:

so all youve heard is what you copy and pasted from nfl.com? what about when they compared him to aaron hernandez? give it a break bro.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jordan-reed?id=2540160

First off being compared to Aaron Hernandez means what? Cause that dude isn't all that. Secondly size and 40 time isn't impressive either IMHO. I am just saying as far as I am concerned we could have done much better with our 3rd round pick than choosing a average Tight End with attitude issues............. :shock: :shock:

He's 6'2" and 236lbs...how much bigger do you want this guy. He looks small, but he's got some weight. Also, he's a TE...you're not going to find a 6'9" 400lb Darrell Green at TE.

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:31 pm

45 catches, 23 for first downs. love that stat.

a little quick jumping to conclusions after reading his draft profile on nfl.com...
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Reed's attitude issues (whatever they are...or aren't) can't be any worse than Davis'.

I present to you...the one...the only...the ladies man...Fred...Daaaaaavis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2GwUmoezIQ

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Great pick, retarded thread

Davis - one year contract coming off a torn Achilles of which he hasn't even healed from get.

Paulsen - typical TE. Reliable. But not a threat. Doesn't pose a big threat to a defense.

Niles - can't catch a cold.

Don't speak of our TE corps like its solidified. It's not.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby l_landry30 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 am

lets not forget that this guy is just getting started at TE..he was a QB when he started at florida...he is only going to get better

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:45 am

I'm guessing you were a "The Skins just wasted a fourth round pick" guy last year when they got Cousins, too. Simmer down, boy. I guarantee you Reed won't be camp fodder as you predict.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 am

Actually i am more worried about our 2nd rounder, that kid got abused more often then not in coverage. This kid will be used a bunch in this offense in the future and Fred Davis should see the writing on the wall now. keep in mind he came out of high school as a QB and has only played 2 years at TE so he is raw. Asking him to contribute as an NFL TE right away might be to much.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 am

The Safeties are still on the board. Stop with the panic button already. Shamarko Thomas, Phillip Thomas & Duke Williams are all still there. So are guys like Kenjon Barner etc. If we blew this pick and should have just taken one of the Safeties to satisfy the fans, then why didn't someone else draft them? Pipe down. Maybe we get our man when we're on the clock again.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:38 am

capitaldefense wrote:Actually i am more worried about our 2nd rounder, that kid got abused more often then not in coverage.

I don't think I'm worried about this... he was killer two seasons ago... and it got into his head... he spent last season trying to match it, and STARTED biting on double moves. Once he regains his eye discipline, he will regain his form... and he has the right position coach for that.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 am

Deadskins wrote:I'm guessing you were a "The Skins just wasted a fourth round pick" guy last year when they got Cousins, too. Simmer down, boy. I guarantee you Reed won't be camp fodder as you predict.

No I wasn't the one that complained about Cousins. He was a awesome pick which I liked. I actually see him as Rex's replacement. Perhaps this 3rd round pick will pay dividends, I simply think we need secondary help more than a tight end at this point. Logan catches, and Niles is still the development al Tight End that has better speed than all the Tight Ends on our roster, Davis included. I see that Davis get's open and is a match up issue for other defenses. Not sure this 3rd round pick has Davis's speed to get open like Davis does. I hope I am wrong, but something just doesn't sit well with me about this pick... :?: :?: :?:

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 am

Niles Paul 40 time 4.4
Fred Davis 40 time 4.6
Logan Paul 40 time 4.7
Jordan Reed 40 time 4.7

Logan is 6'4 and runs a 4.7. Jordan Reed is 6'2 with the same speed. Again this is a strange pick IMHO. Isn't this more of a luxury pick that we really don't have??

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:35 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Niles Paul 40 time 4.4
Fred Davis 40 time 4.6
Logan Paul 40 time 4.7
Jordan Reed 40 time 4.7

Logan is 6'4 and runs a 4.7. Jordan Reed is 6'2 with the same speed. Again this is a strange pick IMHO. Isn't this more of a luxury pick that we really don't have??

Man calm down. Timed speed and football speed are different. Logan Paulsen probably builds up to a 4.7 straight line forty, but if you play the video of this kid, there is nothing similar to Logan Paulsen. He plays more like Aaaron Hernandez. He's quick and elusive. I'd compare him more to a more explosive Chris Cooley. If he comes in and justifies this pick and is basically another play maker across from Davis (much like the Pats use their two TEs) then this is a moot point.

We are building a team. We can't just draft a guy who plays Safety if he isn't the better player. Some people complained about drafting Fred Davis when we still had Cooley playing well. Have some football vision and look beyond the fan hype.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:59 am

The Hogster wrote:
Fred Davis 40 time 4.6
Logan Paul 40 time 4.7
Jordan Reed 40 time 4.7

Man calm down. Timed speed and football speed are different. Logan Paulsen probably builds up to a 4.7 straight line forty, but if you play the video of this kid, there is nothing similar to Logan Paulsen. He plays more like Aaaron Hernandez. He's quick and elusive. I'd compare him more to a more explosive Chris Cooley. If he comes in and justifies this pick and is basically another play maker across from Davis (much like the Pats use their two TEs) then this is a moot point.

We are building a team. We can't just draft a guy who plays Safety if he isn't the better player. Some people complained about drafting Fred Davis when we still had Cooley playing well. Have some football vision and look beyond the fan hype.

I understand your point of view no doubt. I have football vision and for me, it just seems more logical to draft safety, we have no way of knowing if Tanard Jackson will be re-instated, we have no clue if Merriweather will return to form and I see that potential to be more important than tight end, yes I know Fred is coming back from a major injury but Logan has proven himself and in thinking if we came into a situation where we actually needed another tight end I think Desmond Briscoe could suffice in a pinch. I mean maybe this guy is going to be a good one and allow us to let Fred Davis go next year, but for me, this salary cap penalty mixed in with our safety issue would be my main focus. I am not trying to be a homer or hype, I am looking how we had the Giants beat last year and we lost because we had crappy safeties, and our defensive ranking as a direct result of our lack of safeties......Nothing more my friend :!: :!:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Fred Davis 40 time 4.6
Logan Paul 40 time 4.7
Jordan Reed 40 time 4.7

I understand your point of view no doubt. I have football vision and for me, it just seems more logical to draft safety, we have no way of knowing if Tanard Jackson will be re-instated, we have no clue if Merriweather will return to form and I see that potential to be more important than tight end, yes I know Fred is coming back from a major injury but Logan has proven himself and in thinking if we came into a situation where we actually needed another tight end I think Desmond Briscoe could suffice in a pinch. I mean maybe this guy is going to be a good one and allow us to let Fred Davis go next year, but for me, this salary cap penalty mixed in with our safety issue would be my main focus. I am not trying to be a homer or hype, I am looking how we had the Giants beat last year and we lost because we had crappy safeties, and our defensive ranking as a direct result of our lack of safeties......Nothing more my friend :!: :!:

Nothing is stopping us from drafting a Safety though. That's the point that some of us are making. If you have a Safety that is graded say a 7 out of 10 and a TE that is graded a 9 out of 10, you don't pick the lesser player just because you need a body at that position.
Last edited by The Hogster on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:What a wasted pick. Jordan Reed another Tight End? Sorry I completely hate this pick. Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul and now Jordan Reed. I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available. See this is the type of absolutely crazy nonsense crap the Redskins do that make me want to punch the people that make these retarded picks straight in the face....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We're stupid and we suck. Got it. Drafting for position over talent is actually the way to be stupid and suck.

Amerson was a great second round pick. First round talent. You want a starter in the second round, there will be an issue or they don't fall to the second round. His drop off in his last year caused the drop to the second round. That's way better then wondering if he'll come back from a serious injury of if he was getting into trouble. It doesn't undo his ability, it shows he needs coaching.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football