What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:What a wasted pick. Jordan Reed another Tight End? Sorry I completely hate this pick. Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul and now Jordan Reed. I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available. See this is the type of absolutely crazy nonsense crap the Redskins do that make me want to punch the people that make these retarded picks straight in the face....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We're stupid and we suck. Got it. Drafting for position over talent is actually the way to be stupid and suck.

Wow bad night dude? Isn't this message board to be used as a place to enter in one's thoughts about all things Redskins? No one is saying we are stupid nor that we suck. This post was nothing but a topic with the intention of discussing what I think is a wasted pick. Not for some troll to come on and make comments that waste the 3 seconds out of my life that I will never get back reading it...........LMAO!!! :twisted: :twisted:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 am

When this kid comes in and plays a bookend "joker" role and is a weapon that is hard to deal with, someone will either bump this thread for a laugh, or the OP will have to rename it "What A Complete Steal for Our 3rd Round Pick!" Gather round everyone, let's watch Skyfall2013.

A bunch of people, analysts, radio hosts and people here all thought we were IDIOTS for drafting Kirk Cousins last year. Then they were calling him Captain Kirk by the Baltimore game.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:40 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:We're stupid and we suck. Got it. Drafting for position over talent is actually the way to be stupid and suck.

Wow bad night dude? Isn't this message board to be used as a place to enter in one's thoughts about all things Redskins? No one is saying we are stupid nor that we suck. This post was nothing but a topic with the intention of discussing what I think is a wasted pick. Not for some troll to come on and make comments that waste the 3 seconds out of my life that I will never get back reading it...........LMAO!!! :twisted: :twisted:

As for not saying we're stupid and we suck, re-read your post. You do have the right to say what you think. But where did you get the idea that you thought your view could not be challenged? In what possible way does my criticizing your view imply that means I'm saying you couldn't say it?

You can say it, but your post is the same dull crap that is just way to common here now.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 am

The Hogster wrote:When this kid comes in and plays a bookend "joker" role and is a weapon that is hard to deal with, someone will either bump this thread for a laugh, or the OP will have to rename it "What A Complete Steal for Our 3rd Round Pick!" Gather round everyone, let's watch Skyfall2013.

A bunch of people, analysts, radio hosts and people here all thought we were IDIOTS for drafting Kirk Cousins last year. Then they were calling him Captain Kirk by the Baltimore game.

And he's a guy who played QB for Florida which means he's going to be smart and he's only developing as a TE at this level. And to your point, I'm not hearing from all the people who slammed us for Cousins on the board come out now and say they were stupid, they'll give the org some faith now.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:13 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Great pick, retarded thread

Davis - one year contract coming off a torn Achilles of which he hasn't even healed from get.

Paulsen - typical TE. Reliable. But not a threat. Doesn't pose a big threat to a defense.

Niles - can't catch a cold.

Don't speak of our TE corps like its solidified. It's not.

+1

and he will fit into the read option theme.... Thomas and Jefferson are still on the board so safety will be addressed
Last edited by 1niksder on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:23 am

The Hogster wrote:Nothing is stopping us from drafting a Safety though. That's the point that some of us are making. If you have a Safety that is graded say a 7 out of 10 and a TE that is graded a 9 out of 10, you don't pick the lesser player just because you need a body at that position.

Shanny said they were surprised that Reed was still on the board = ranked higher than any of the safeties on their board.

Duron Harmon, out of Rutgers is the only safety taken since Reed and he's a reach in round 3
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:we have no way of knowing if Tanard Jackson will be re-instated, we have no clue if Merriweather will return to form

But maybe the guys actually making the picks do. :idea:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:we have no way of knowing if Tanard Jackson will be re-instated, we have no clue if Merriweather will return to form

But maybe the guys actually making the picks do. :idea:

I can't argue that point....

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Duke Williams is the only FS drafted so far today... maybe the Skins knew it would be a run on QBs...

And the Skins are on the clock
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Here is your safety they knew he would drop
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Niles Paul 40 time 4.4
Fred Davis 40 time 4.6
Logan Paul 40 time 4.7
Jordan Reed 40 time 4.7

Logan is 6'4 and runs a 4.7. Jordan Reed is 6'2 with the same speed. Again this is a strange pick IMHO. Isn't this more of a luxury pick that we really don't have??

THIS should make you feel better... apparently, there's lots of video like this...

I now refer you to my sig... :wink:
Last edited by Countertrey on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of you. Let the draft finish before crying.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of you. Let the draft finish before crying.

+1

Some of the biggest crybabies would have thrown a party if we took Phillip Thomas in the 3rd, not realizing that now we got him in the 4th and added an additional play maker on offense who they obviously had graded as a 2nd round talent.

Let the people who get paid to know what they''re doing do their jobs. This isn't the Vinny Cerrato Show. Now let's get Kenjon Barner, Xavier Nixon and/or Dominick Reyes.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:18 pm

1niksder wrote:Duke Williams is the only FS drafted so far today... maybe the Skins knew it would be a run on QBs...

And the Skins are on the clock

+1

I think they had the idea that either Duke Williams, Shamarko Thomas or Phillip Thomas would be there for the taking in the 4th. They probably had similar grades on each of them. Adding Phillip Thomas gives the Skins the NCAAA's leading interception getters for the past two years. Amerson with 13 in 2011, and Thomas with 8 in 12. He's also a fumble forcing machine who just so happens to be a Redskins fan who idolized Sean Taylor. We have added 3 players that are certain to play significant snaps if not start this year. What's there not to like?
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 pm

^ This.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football