What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:45 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Lastly just as all you kool aid drinkers are comparing our newest Tight End to Aaron Hernandez

So our choices are we concede it was a "total waste" of our pick or we're kool aid drinkers. Got it.

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Hogster you need to go get laid and QUICK seriously

ROTFALMAO

Dude ... mirror ...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:45 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:The fact that someone created this thread makes me like our TE pick all the more.

By the way, DaSkinz Baby, tell the truth: what was your reaction when we drafted Morris last year? How about when we drafted Cousins? Be honest.

In response to the Cousin's pick, it probably went something like this.

"WhAT?? WHY?? Why would you take another QB when we just got RGIII!!!!!! See, this is why I want to punch this front office square in the face!!! ALL OF THEM!!! Why take another QB in the fourth when we need a RIGHT TACKLE? How dumb!! SMH. Bobby Massie was on the board. ARGHH. Vomit. Death to Shanahan."

In response to Alfred Morris, it probably went something like this.

"Camp fodder"

Hogster you need to go get laid and QUICK seriously. Fact is with the Grossman and Beck experiment again making the front office look like Bafoons WHY WOULD WE NOT DRAFT ATLEAST 2 QB's especially when RGIII already was a given and you could get a 2nd round QB in the 4th round. Fact is Kirk Cousins could be a starting franchise QB on at the very least 8 teams. Lastly just as all you kool aid drinkers are comparing our newest Tight End to Aaron Hernandez Aflred was compared to Terrell Davis so again. Before you come off looking like the fool you are, you need to know something about people before you come across as the fool you come across as..................

You used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. You sound like your tampon needs changing. What else is wrong, toilet seat up? Sit down and stop crying. This thread is comic relief though.

[-X [-X [-X :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:46 pm

The Hogster wrote:You used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

On the contrary . . . he told me everything I needed to know. :) I think we all know how he actually reacted last year. And next year he won't be able to do this retrospect BS, because there's a record of what he said.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
The Hogster wrote:You used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

On the contrary . . . he told me everything I needed to know. :) I think we all know how he actually reacted last year. And next year he won't be able to do this retrospect BS, because there's a record of what he said.

I am a grown man and stand by what I say and feel. If our TE and RB picks this year become stars and actually contribute this year I will be the first one to state in this thread I was a bunghole that was talking out the side of my neck................

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:12 pm

When you reach for a player at a need position, it's disastrous. I remember having 3 2nd round picks the years we needed a WR. We took Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas & Fred Davis. And, the only person that people complained about at that time was Fred Davis--because we didn't "need" a Tight End. He's become the best player of that group. And, the other two WRs aren't even in the league anymore. To boot, Desean Jackson went after Devin Thomas. But, the thinking at the time was that we "needed" a tall Wide Receiver.

Put simply, you can't draft kids thinking they will fill your needs. Take the best players and build the right way. I like our draft thus far and think we've found 3 guys that will contribute this year in Amerson, Reed & Thomas. The other guys offer Day 1 potential that is worth the injury risk. I'd rather get $1M dollars next year than $1 this year. The Redskins are taking some risks on guys who were projected high, but got hurt. Nothing wrong with that.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:44 pm

The Hogster wrote:When you reach for a player at a need position, it's disastrous. I remember having 3 2nd round picks the years we needed a WR. We took Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas & Fred Davis. And, the only person that people complained about at that time was Fred Davis--because we didn't "need" a Tight End. He's become the best player of that group. And, the other two WRs aren't even in the league anymore. To boot, Desean Jackson went after Devin Thomas. But, the thinking at the time was that we "needed" a tall Wide Receiver.

Put simply, you can't draft kids thinking they will fill your needs. Take the best players and build the right way. I like our draft thus far and think we've found 3 guys that will contribute this year in Amerson, Reed & Thomas. The other guys offer Day 1 potential that is worth the injury risk. I'd rather get $1M dollars next year than $1 this year. The Redskins are taking some risks on guys who were projected high, but got hurt. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, those of us who get this make this point year after year and the same people who don't get it still don't get it. The more things change, the more they stay the same. The debate doesn't progress, it just repeats.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:47 pm

The Hogster wrote:When you reach for a player at a need position, it's disastrous. I remember having 3 2nd round picks the years we needed a WR. We took Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas & Fred Davis. And, the only person that people complained about at that time was Fred Davis--because we didn't "need" a Tight End. He's become the best player of that group. And, the other two WRs aren't even in the league anymore. To boot, Desean Jackson went after Devin Thomas. But, the thinking at the time was that we "needed" a tall Wide Receiver.

To a point I see and some what agree but do you honestly believe that the TE and RB were BPA when say Kenyon Barner was still sitting there? In your opinion you think Chris Thompson is better than Kenyon? After thinking about the probability that Fred Davis will be slower and may in fact leave after this season for a bigger paycheck, I will hold off judgement on Jordan Reed. I will say that so far other than these two picks I think we are drafting okay and hope these injured players we are taking have a full recovery.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:50 pm

We take Rambo!!! YES a great pick and dare I say GREAT VALUE!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:50 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available.

I guess so.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Love this pick.

DarthMonk wrote:We are apparently interested in this guy:

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein reports Georgia S Bacarri Rambo dealt with a hamstring injury throughout Senior Bowl week.

Zierlein wondered earlier in the week if Rambo was hurt after the Georgia safety was late to close and appeared to favor an injury. Rambo is usually quite agile, especially at a center field, ball hawking spot. He might be a third- to fifth-round option in April.

Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

There is a "weed" issue. Here is a decent write-up:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1535 ... arri-rambo

I really feel good about Shanny "staying with his board" and not reaching for need. I feel like every pick so far can make the team. The Josh Wilson restructure was also perfectly timed.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:08 pm

OP or whoever it was...........stop yer sniveling...!!!

We got Rambo now, ok.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available. See this is the type of absolutely crazy nonsense crap the Redskins do that make me want to punch the people that make these retarded picks straight in the face.......

I feel the same way about retarded posts. You would have taken him in the third round... Stick to your day job.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:12 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:

To a point I see and some what agree but do you honestly believe that the TE and RB were BPA when say Kenyon Barner was still sitting there? In your opinion you think Chris Thompson is better than Kenyon? After thinking about the probability that Fred Davis will be slower and may in fact leave after this season for a bigger paycheck, I will hold off judgement on Jordan Reed. I will say that so far other than these two picks I think we are drafting okay and hope these injured players we are taking have a full recovery.

I personally would have taken Kenjon Barner. But, I honestly don't know much about Chris Thompson aside from what I have learned today. With that said, I would say that Mike Shanahan has earned the benefit of the doubt when evaluating running backs. And, to his credit, Barner didn't go off the board until the 6th round. Well after Thompson.

As for Jordan Reed, it sounds like (based on Shanahan's presser) that they had this guy as the #1 pass catching TE and it was just too much value to pass on.

Considering that we got a starting caliber Corner, and 2 All American Safeties in Thomas and Rambo, I would say that is a total win.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available. See this is the type of absolutely crazy nonsense crap the Redskins do that make me want to punch the people that make these retarded picks straight in the face.......

I feel the same way about retarded posts. You would have taken him in the third round... Stick to your day job.

LOL!

Dude would have run to the podium to take Rambo 3 Rounds too early. Now we have Rambo AND an explosive Tight End to line up all over the field.
Last edited by The Hogster on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:As for Jordan Reed, it sounds like (based on Shanahan's presser) that they had this guy as the #1 pass catching TE and it was just too much value to pass on.

Jordan Reed is this year's Kirk Cousins.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football