Official 2013 Draft Thread

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
piglet

Postby skinsfb4life » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Pray that are last pick goes to Michael Mauti!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm pulling for Dominick Reyes
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Hard to imagine that Bernstein is gone unless his rehab isn't going well. He showed some talent. Gomes will no doubt be feeling the heat.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Love this pick.

DarthMonk wrote:We are apparently interested in this guy:

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein reports Georgia S Bacarri Rambo dealt with a hamstring injury throughout Senior Bowl week.

Zierlein wondered earlier in the week if Rambo was hurt after the Georgia safety was late to close and appeared to favor an injury. Rambo is usually quite agile, especially at a center field, ball hawking spot. He might be a third- to fifth-round option in April.

Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

There is a "weed" issue. Here is a decent write-up:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1535 ... arri-rambo

I really feel good about Shanny "staying with his board" and not reaching for need. I feel like every pick so far can make the team. The Josh Wilson restructure was also perfectly timed.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Lol, I've been wanting Jordan poyer since the third round, so I obviously don't know what the hell i'm talking about. But I still hope he drops to us in the seventh. I really don't understand why he's still available. I know he's limited and didn't have great numbers at the combine, but I've seen him play and hes got game. better than a sixth rounder for sure

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:13 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I really feel good about Shanny "staying with his board" and not reaching for need. I feel like every pick so far can make the team. The Josh Wilson restructure was also perfectly timed.

Same here. It's a little nerve racking to witness it happening real time, but in retrospect it's something to admire. Not only did we get the players we were targeting anyway, but in the meantime we picked up a few value picks with lots of upside. Not every player is going to work out but I feel like Shanahan has maximized our chances of getting more than one or two "hits."
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I really feel good about Shanny "staying with his board" and not reaching for need. I feel like every pick so far can make the team. The Josh Wilson restructure was also perfectly timed.

Same here. It's a little nerve racking to witness it happening real time, but in retrospect it's something to admire. Not only did we get the players we were targeting anyway, but in the meantime we picked up a few value picks with lots of upside. Not every player is going to work out but I feel like Shanahan has maximized our chances of getting more than one or two "hits."

+1

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Somehow I have a feeling that the Rambo jersey will be the top seller from this year's draftclass.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Rambo's real last name is "Fudge." Glad he changed it :lol:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Not only did we get the players we were targeting anyway, but in the meantime we picked up a few value picks with lots of upside.

Agreed. I was flipping back-n-forth between the Network and ESPN and Mike Mayock, Charles Davis and Todd McShay all said they really liked the pick of Brandon Jenkins and all said he was 'great value' for the Skins in the 5th with a huge upside.

I remember when the Skins drafted a LB out of LSU in the 4th round and sat him for a year while Haslett and Lou Spanos coached him up. Many Skins fans had written him off as a bust until he showed up a year later wreaking havoc all over the place. Now, Perry Riley is a stud in Haslett's defense and Skins fans couldn't be happier. I see the same thing happening with Jenkins. IMO, you can't have enough solid pass-rushing LB's in a 3-4 scheme, especially if you happen to lose one for a while with an injury.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm

BOOOOO!!!! The Iggles grabbed up Poyer in the 7th
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm

I didn't realize Poyer only ran 4.65 in the forty.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Xavier Nixon is still out there. I know someone here that woulda used a 3rd round pick on him. Lol
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 pm

The Hogster wrote:I didn't realize Poyer only ran 4.65 in the forty.

Yeah that's one BIG reason that he was supposed to drop from a 2nd rounder to a 4 or 5 but wasn't expecting him to free fall like he did.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:Are they thinking Helu is permanently damaged?

To be honest, I don't think so. Although no one truly knows for sure at this point, but Helu recently said he's almost fully healthy after the surgery that repaired the cartilage damage in his left toe that had gone previously undiscovered. Helu said he'll be 100% by the start of OTA's in May.

So I think the selection of Thompson could make Evan Royster as the odd man out. I could see us going with Morris, Helu and Thompson. Helu is a true 4.4 speed guy with good receiving ability out of the backfield. Thompson appears to be in a similar mold.

Not to take anything away from Morris' accomplishments last year, but some of the holes our o-line opened up for him were huge. And while Morris was incredible with his vision and breaking tackles all over the place, I always wondered what a RB with impressive speed could have done in that offense last year with such big running lanes. So if Helu can finally return to full health, having Helu and Thompson as true 4.4 speed guys could provide a nice change of pace for the bruising style of running Morris brings.

Return to NFL Draft 2013