Brandon Jenkins is our "Haynesworth" pick

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Brandon Jenkins is our "Haynesworth" pick

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Remember when it was obvious Haynesworth wasn't going to be doing anything for us anymore? Somehow we managed to get a little value out of dumping his fat you-know-what on New England.

Anyway, it wasn't much, but now that trade has turned into Brandon Jenkins.

As a reminder, last year we had an extra pick (a 6th rounder) for trading McNabb even though it was obvious his time in Washington was done. That one turned into Alfred Morris.

Gotta love what Shanahan and Allen are doing.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Re: Brandon Jenkins is our "Haynesworth" pick

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Remember when it was obvious Haynesworth wasn't going to be doing anything for us anymore? Somehow we managed to get a little value out of dumping his fat you-know-what on New England.

Anyway, it wasn't much, but now that trade has turned into Brandon Jenkins.

As a reminder, last year we had an extra pick (a 6th rounder) for trading McNabb even though it was obvious his time in Washington was done. That one turned into Alfred Morris.

Gotta love what Shanahan and Allen are doing.

Win win situation for us. And, the word on Brandon Jenkins is that he was considered a 1st Round pick--having notched 21.5 sacks his Sophomore and Junior years prior to his Lis Franc injury. Once he is back healthy, he will be an asset.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:24 pm

So does this mean there will be retractions/apologies/reassessments from all nfl "analysts" who swore that Shanahan was in the wrong w/r/t Haynesworth now?

No? Figures.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:29 pm

emoses14 wrote:So does this mean there will be retractions/apologies/reassessments from all nfl "analysts" who swore that Shanahan was in the wrong w/r/t Haynesworth now?

No? Figures.

Ancient history to them.

The good news is that, on our current trajectory, the Redskins are about to start getting an unreasonable benefit of the doubt from analysts. It won't make them any more right, but I am looking forward to catching a break from the media more often than not.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
emoses14 wrote:So does this mean there will be retractions/apologies/reassessments from all nfl "analysts" who swore that Shanahan was in the wrong w/r/t Haynesworth now?

No? Figures.

Ancient history to them.

The good news is that, on our current trajectory, the Redskins are about to start getting an unreasonable benefit of the doubt from analysts. It won't make them any more right, but I am looking forward to catching a break from the media more often than not.

Playing a league high 5 Prime Time games this year will give them plenty of time to kiss our proverbial ..... rear ends.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Fire in the Sky

Re: Brandon Jenkins is our "Haynesworth" pick

Postby SkinsFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Gotta love what Shanahan and Allen are doing.

I have to say that I've been thoroughly impressed with what Allen and Shanahan have done both in the draft and with free agency since they arrived in Washington. The new direction of this team is truly a breathe of fresh air and can't be understated.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 am

Brandon Jenkins - LB - Redskins

Redskins DC Jim Haslett is "very high" on fifth-round OLB Brandon Jenkins' "athleticism" and "pass-rushing skills."

Jenkins missed all but one game as a senior at Florida State due to a Lisfranc fracture. He was extremely productive in 2010 and 2011, recording 21.5 sacks and 33.5 tackles for loss while having the looks of a future first-rounder. Haslett said he's looking for ways to get all four of Jenkins, Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, and Rob Jackson on the field at the same time.

Source: Washington Post Jul 1 - 6:24 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football