Drafting two RBs is just so stupid

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 am

What exactly have Helu and Royster done to become immovable fixtures on this roster? I must have missed it.

The 49ers have Frank Gore, LaMichael James, Kendall Hunter & they just drafted Lattimore. The Ravens have Ray Rice & B. Pierce who comes in and runs like a starter.

We have Roy Helu who has been hurt every year. And, Evan Royster who runs like he's on a treadmill. SMH

This could possibly be the weakest thread created, edging out the doomsday thread of yesterday just by a tampon.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

The Hogster wrote:This could possibly be the weakest thread created, edging out the doomsday thread of yesterday just by a single tear.
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Having a change of pace scatback is a great weapon to have. The Skins need a capable backup to Morris... someone who is kind of like him and could start in a pinch. Maybe that guy is Helu... but they also could use a change of pace back, someone with blazing speed who can take it to the house.

How many times last year did we have the defense on the ropes and if Morris was faster he could have broke a run for a TD? Morris is awesome, I'm glad he's the starter, but he's not a speedy guy, if one of these guys makes the roster, we could see the offense open up even more.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Jamison isn't really a speed guy either; he's more in the Morris mold, but even more shifty. Thompson would be the change-of-pace back.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Why the complaint about the players that the Redskins drafted? They haven't played a down yet, haven't been in training camp. When the Redskins second round pick was announced, all the announcers could do was tear him down, even trashed his 13 interceptions.

At least wait until the end of the year. There are enough "experts" ( I use the term loosely...very, very loosely! ) whose mock drafts were not even close, couldn't even get the first pick right, that are now grading the teams. Take last year, what would those "experts" have graded the Redskins draft at the end of the season rather than the next day. Morris was just camp fodder, remember? Maybe one of these running backs becomes the next Sproles. At least give them the benefit of the doubt until they get cut.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:55 pm

aswas71788 wrote:Why the complaint about the players that the Redskins drafted? They haven't played a down yet, haven't been in training camp. When the Redskins second round pick was announced, all the announcers could do was tear him down, even trashed his 13 interceptions.

At least wait until the end of the year. There are enough "experts" ( I use the term loosely...very, very loosely! ) whose mock drafts were not even close, couldn't even get the first pick right, that are now grading the teams. Take last year, what would those "experts" have graded the Redskins draft at the end of the season rather than the next day. Morris was just camp fodder, remember? Maybe one of these running backs becomes the next Sproles. At least give them the benefit of the doubt until they get cut.
=D>
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:58 pm

aswas71788 wrote:Why the complaint about the players that the Redskins drafted? They haven't played a down yet, haven't been in training camp. When the Redskins second round pick was announced, all the announcers could do was tear him down, even trashed his 13 interceptions.

Well said.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 pm

While I was also a little suprised that we took 2 RB's when I think there are other need areas, also remember when these guys were taken and what else may have been available at the time that fit our teams plans.

I agree with others that, besides Morris, who else impresses on the RB staff? Helu is coming off an injury. Royster, Davis, Williams certainly did nothing special IMHO last season.

And with Shanny's track history of finding solid RB talent in late rounds, I am not terribly upset here. More than willing to see how things play out in training camp and pre-season before I leap to judge.

I learned my lesson last season when I questioned the Cousins pick......
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:49 am

rskin72 wrote:While I was also a little suprised that we took 2 RB's when I think there are other need areas, also remember when these guys were taken and what else may have been available at the time that fit our teams plans.

I agree with others that, besides Morris, who else impresses on the RB staff? Helu is coming off an injury. Royster, Davis, Williams certainly did nothing special IMHO last season.

And with Shanny's track history of finding solid RB talent in late rounds, I am not terribly upset here. More than willing to see how things play out in training camp and pre-season before I leap to judge.

I learned my lesson last season when I questioned the Cousins pick......

So many did, so few came back and admitted it. Good job... :up:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:56 am

aswas71788 wrote:Why the complaint about the players that the Redskins drafted?

Ignorance.

- Ignorance on the subject matter on which they speak of.
- Ignorance in regards to the contract situations of the current roster.
- Ignorance in regards to the salary cap.
- They often don't know who's hurt, how badly they're hurt or keep themselves informed about the roster.
- Players don't have setbacks in Madden.
- You can turn injuries off in Madden.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:04 am

Seriously. You guys pretty much killed this thread and poster, I won't pile on much.

But we're talking about a 5th and a 7th round pick. If you're drafting to fill a "position of need" in those rounds, then you're in big freaking trouble.

Nice job Irn Bru btw on pulling up those old threads. Hilarious.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Having a change of pace scatback is a great weapon to have. The Skins need a capable backup to Morris... someone who is kind of like him and could start in a pinch. Maybe that guy is Helu... but they also could use a change of pace back, someone with blazing speed who can take it to the house.

How many times last year did we have the defense on the ropes and if Morris was faster he could have broke a run for a TD? Morris is awesome, I'm glad he's the starter, but he's not a speedy guy, if one of these guys makes the roster, we could see the offense open up even more.

Personally I am hoping it is Helu. I believe if healthy he is the perfect complement to Morris.
He can do things Morris is weak at; like turning the corner or going all the way. His athleticism
such as hurdling is what I am relying on to make that difference. His pass catching is excellent and he proved that already.
The problem with Helu is in his first year he got worn down just like Royster did that year. If healthy he can be that change of pace back IMO.
He just isn't that every down back.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 pm

I know....let's get another RB (named Tebow)
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:I know....let's get another RB (named Tebow)

Time to move this thread to SMACK and ban this poster. :lol:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football