What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
The Hogster wrote:As for Jordan Reed, it sounds like (based on Shanahan's presser) that they had this guy as the #1 pass catching TE and it was just too much value to pass on.

Jordan Reed is this year's Kirk Cousins.

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Lovin Rambo. Really really think reed will surprise people and contribute right away.

I'm glad this thread took off...stopped responding for a while but always fun to come back and watch the crow eating...or at least request crow to be eaten!

Another great draft by shanny. This is how you build a team.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:37 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
The Hogster wrote:When you reach for a player at a need position, it's disastrous. I remember having 3 2nd round picks the years we needed a WR. We took Malcolm Kelly, Devin Thomas & Fred Davis. And, the only person that people complained about at that time was Fred Davis--because we didn't "need" a Tight End. He's become the best player of that group. And, the other two WRs aren't even in the league anymore. To boot, Desean Jackson went after Devin Thomas. But, the thinking at the time was that we "needed" a tall Wide Receiver.

Put simply, you can't draft kids thinking they will fill your needs. Take the best players and build the right way. I like our draft thus far and think we've found 3 guys that will contribute this year in Amerson, Reed & Thomas. The other guys offer Day 1 potential that is worth the injury risk. I'd rather get $1M dollars next year than $1 this year. The Redskins are taking some risks on guys who were projected high, but got hurt. Nothing wrong with that.

To a point I see and some what agree but do you honestly believe that the TE and RB were BPA when say Kenyon Barner was still sitting there? In your opinion you think Chris Thompson is better than Kenyon? After thinking about the probability that Fred Davis will be slower and may in fact leave after this season for a bigger paycheck, I will hold off judgement on Jordan Reed. I will say that so far other than these two picks I think we are drafting okay and hope these injured players we are taking have a full recovery.

I personally would have taken Kenjon Barner. But, I honestly don't know much about Chris Thompson aside from what I have learned today. With that said, I would say that Mike Shanahan has earned the benefit of the doubt when evaluating running backs. And, to his credit, Barner didn't go off the board until the 6th round. Well after Thompson.

As for Jordan Reed, it sounds like (based on Shanahan's presser) that they had this guy as the #1 pass catching TE and it was just too much value to pass on.

Considering that we got a starting caliber Corner, and 2 All American Safeties in Thomas and Rambo, I would say that is a total win.

Agreed we got the secondary help we needed. I hope these backs and Tight End pay dividends..........

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Jawan Jamison looks like the real deal.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piggie

Postby fetus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I personally lie Thompson more than Jamison but, if Rambo and Thomas reach their potential, they could be a freaking bad ass safety tandem.... Man I was real high on Phillip Thomas months ago and I am so freaking excited we drafted him.... As far as Reed goes... The more weapons for rg3 the better, and I have learned that shanty and Bruce know what they are doing and I would question one pick they make. Overall very happy with the draft.
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Way too early to know for sure, but as far as what I hoped we'd get in the draft and what we got, hot damn this team knows what it's doing! Safety? Check. Corner? Check. Safety? Check. Depth at positions to us in good shape in future? Check. Salary cap penalty be damned. Check mate!

The only pick I'm even remotely curious about is the second tv, and only because I know zippo about him, but I trust mike in that.

Love what this organization is doing.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

emoses14 wrote:Way too early to know for sure, but as far as what I hoped we'd get in the draft and what we got, hot @#!*% this team knows what it's doing! Safety? Check. Corner? Check. Safety? Check. Depth at positions to us in good shape in future? Check. Salary cap penalty be damned. Check mate!

The only pick I'm even remotely curious about is the second tv, and only because I know zippo about him, but I trust mike in that.

Love what this organization is doing.

+1

In case you didn't see the links in other threads, here's some nice videos of the two RBs we draft. Enjoy!

Jawan Jamison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ChWgdz6ls

Chris Thompson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elhr-YmfduQ

~~~~~~

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:What a wasted pick. Jordan Reed another Tight End? Sorry I completely hate this pick. Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul and now Jordan Reed. I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available. See this is the type of absolutely crazy nonsense crap the Redskins do that make me want to punch the people that make these retarded picks straight in the face....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

When the pick was made, my immediate reactions was ... WTF?????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

With so many other needs??? We, THE FANS, had it all figured out. We knew we we thought we wanted. We even had our favourites and cheered them on in our 2013 Draft Thread!!! :lol:

BUT ... I did my homework as soon as I could later on ... I must confess, I did not remember to have seen this TE play or if I did, I did not remember him by name. I just watched a couple of Florida games but, frankly, I could not remember the names of many players. So, my personal scout department has VERY LIMITED resources, you might say (including this rapidly fading memory of mine).

HOWEVER, the more I looked into this guy, the more I thought I understood where they were going and why they had him so high in their board. These are my posts soon after I came around to change my view:

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=#614410

NOW, I understand why I am a fan and they are the pros.

NOW, I understand why I feel confident about my Front Office.

NOW, I feel this was all around GREAT Draft. I do not object to ANY pick. Are there risk? Sure! Will every player drafted pan out? Probably not. Do I think each and every one of them was worth the risk and pick, HELL YEAH!!!!

So, brother, just come along and enjoy the ride with us. I understood where you were at when you started the thread. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:What a wasted pick. Jordan Reed another Tight End? Sorry I completely hate this pick. Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul and now Jordan Reed. I guess Shanny and Allen must have forgotten that we need a Safety and Bacarri Rambo was available. See this is the type of absolutely crazy nonsense crap the Redskins do that make me want to punch the people that make these retarded picks straight in the face....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

When the pick was made, my immediate reactions was ... WTF?????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

With so many other needs??? We, THE FANS, had it all figured out. We knew we we thought we wanted. We even had our favourites and cheered them on in our 2013 Draft Thread!!! :lol:

BUT ... I did my homework as soon as I could later on ... I must confess, I did not remember to have seen this TE play or if I did, I did not remember him by name. I just watched a couple of Florida games but, frankly, I could not remember the names of many players. So, my personal scout department has VERY LIMITED resources, you might say (including this rapidly fading memory of mine).

HOWEVER, the more I looked into this guy, the more I thought I understood where they were going and why they had him so high in their board. These are my posts soon after I came around to change my view:

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=#614410

NOW, I understand why I am a fan and they are the pros.

NOW, I understand why I feel confident about my Front Office.

NOW, I feel this was all around GREAT Draft. I do not object to ANY pick. Are there risk? Sure! Will every player drafted pan out? Probably not. Do I think each and every one of them was worth the risk and pick, HELL YEAH!!!!

So, brother, just come along and enjoy the ride with us. I understood where you were at when you started the thread. :wink:

Agreed 100%

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 pm

This thread is hilarious. Like a very very slow train collision.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 pm

The Hogster wrote:This thread is hilarious. Like a very very slow train collision.

But we have to watch :D

We know it's gonna be a wreck but we can turn away...
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Reed is large and can catch, Niles Paul is too small and can't catch.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm

GoSkins wrote:Reed is large and can catch, Niles Paul is too small and can't catch.

At 6'2 I wouldn't call him large, however after being able to do more research on this pick, I will admit there is a very large upside to this kid. I also think IF he pans out allows us as leverage with Davis and if the worst case scenario happens Davis leaves and we don't miss a beat............ :nana: :nana:

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

With so many other needs???

I wasn't expecting TE, but I don't get how TE is not a position of need. Certainly it's not the biggest need, but I wasn't so shocked as so many were.

Davis - coming off a season ending injury, we haven't been able to sign him to a long term deal and he's failed multiple drug tests.

Paulson - I like him, but I like him a lot more as our #2 TE.

Paul - I agree with everyone saying so far he's shown me nothing.

TE is a critical position to keep our QB alive both for blocking and safety valve dump offs when the receivers are covered downfield.

Again, I'm not saying I went into the draft thnking TE, but I am not in agreement with anyone saying we just don't need that.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:59 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

With so many other needs???

I wasn't expecting TE, but I don't get how TE is not a position of need. Certainly it's not the biggest need, but I wasn't so shocked as so many were.

Davis - coming off a season ending injury, we haven't been able to sign him to a long term deal and he's failed multiple drug tests.

Paulson - I like him, but I like him a lot more as our #2 TE.

Paul - I agree with everyone saying so far he's shown me nothing.

TE is a critical position to keep our QB alive both for blocking and safety valve dump offs when the receivers are covered downfield.

Again, I'm not saying I went into the draft thnking TE, but I am not in agreement with anyone saying we just don't need that.

After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football