What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**********
User avatar
Posts: 16741
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

When the pick was made, my immediate reactions was ... WTF?????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

With so many other needs???


I wasn't expecting TE, but I don't get how TE is not a position of need. Certainly it's not the biggest need, but I wasn't so shocked as so many were.

Davis - coming off a season ending injury, we haven't been able to sign him to a long term deal and he's failed multiple drug tests.

Paulson - I like him, but I like him a lot more as our #2 TE.

Paul - I agree with everyone saying so far he's shown me nothing.

TE is a critical position to keep our QB alive both for blocking and safety valve dump offs when the receivers are covered downfield.

Again, I'm not saying I went into the draft thnking TE, but I am not in agreement with anyone saying we just don't need that.


After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1


Your only valid complaint was that they could have drafted Rambo instead of Reed, while you were doing your research.... they drafted Rambo. No more rushes to judgement might make this thread avoidable in the future.
My 2 cents
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:04 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1


:thump:
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

The Hogster wrote:This thread is hilarious. Like a very very slow train collision.


Lol, innit!

I missed you guys.

Feels like a solid draft, they won't all work out but you can be sure 2 or 3 will and its going to be exciting to see who makes it.

H
T
T
R
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm

1niksder wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

When the pick was made, my immediate reactions was ... WTF?????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

With so many other needs???


I wasn't expecting TE, but I don't get how TE is not a position of need. Certainly it's not the biggest need, but I wasn't so shocked as so many were.

Davis - coming off a season ending injury, we haven't been able to sign him to a long term deal and he's failed multiple drug tests.

Paulson - I like him, but I like him a lot more as our #2 TE.

Paul - I agree with everyone saying so far he's shown me nothing.

TE is a critical position to keep our QB alive both for blocking and safety valve dump offs when the receivers are covered downfield.

Again, I'm not saying I went into the draft thnking TE, but I am not in agreement with anyone saying we just don't need that.


After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1


Your only valid complaint was that they could have drafted Rambo instead of Reed, while you were doing your research.... they drafted Rambo. No more rushes to judgement might make this thread avoidable in the future.
My 2 cents


+1

Basically the lesson is...

Image
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

kazoo
Posts: 10081
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:37 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

When the pick was made, my immediate reactions was ... WTF?????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

With so many other needs???


I wasn't expecting TE, but I don't get how TE is not a position of need. Certainly it's not the biggest need, but I wasn't so shocked as so many were.

Davis - coming off a season ending injury, we haven't been able to sign him to a long term deal and he's failed multiple drug tests.

Paulson - I like him, but I like him a lot more as our #2 TE.

Paul - I agree with everyone saying so far he's shown me nothing.

TE is a critical position to keep our QB alive both for blocking and safety valve dump offs when the receivers are covered downfield.

Again, I'm not saying I went into the draft thnking TE, but I am not in agreement with anyone saying we just don't need that.


After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1


Fair enough! :up:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:58 pm

The Hogster wrote:
1niksder wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I had not participated in this thread. And I will be HONEST about it:

When the pick was made, my immediate reactions was ... WTF?????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

With so many other needs???


I wasn't expecting TE, but I don't get how TE is not a position of need. Certainly it's not the biggest need, but I wasn't so shocked as so many were.

Davis - coming off a season ending injury, we haven't been able to sign him to a long term deal and he's failed multiple drug tests.

Paulson - I like him, but I like him a lot more as our #2 TE.

Paul - I agree with everyone saying so far he's shown me nothing.

TE is a critical position to keep our QB alive both for blocking and safety valve dump offs when the receivers are covered downfield.

Again, I'm not saying I went into the draft thnking TE, but I am not in agreement with anyone saying we just don't need that.


After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1


Your only valid complaint was that they could have drafted Rambo instead of Reed, while you were doing your research.... they drafted Rambo. No more rushes to judgement might make this thread avoidable in the future.
My 2 cents


+1

Basically the lesson is...

Image


Agreed however my hatred for the Giants causes me to KIRK OUT from time to time.......I am back to normal. Besides BEER SUCKS I love Captain Morgan Black!!! :D :D :D

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:After time to calm down, research. I will fully submit +1


:thump:


Ever heard of not kicking a dead dog...... ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; LMAO!!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Besides BEER SUCKS


:-s
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Postby rskin72 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Ok....first Beer does not suck, it is the nectar of the Gods.

Concerning the TE pick.....why not pick up this TE? Davis may or may not return to form after his injury....and if he does return to form he may price himself out of the market for us next season. The Niles Paul TE experiment will be in year 2, but we don't know how that will ultimately turn out yet. Paulsen is serviceable, but not a speed/playmaker type of TE IMHO.

If Reed turns out to be ok, it will give us another weapon for RGIII, and give leverage for TE's next season so we would not be potentially held hostage by Davis.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14239
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: What a complete and total waste of our 3rd round pick!

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Besides BEER SUCKS


:-s Image -drinking


Fixed it for you, Irn-Bru...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm

rskin72 wrote:Ok....first Beer does not suck, it is the nectar of the Gods.

Concerning the TE pick.....why not pick up this TE? Davis may or may not return to form after his injury....and if he does return to form he may price himself out of the market for us next season. The Niles Paul TE experiment will be in year 2, but we don't know how that will ultimately turn out yet. Paulsen is serviceable, but not a speed/playmaker type of TE IMHO.

If Reed turns out to be ok, it will give us another weapon for RGIII, and give leverage for TE's next season so we would not be potentially held hostage by Davis.


For me beer sucks compared to Capt. Morgan...Just my preference....

piggie
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:21 am
Location: Edgewood, Md

Postby jr_uscg » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:05 pm

The more I read about Jordan Reed the better I feel about this pick. An article on Bleacher Report says he has the same kind of skills and build as Shannon Sharpe. Also, has the ability to play WR and we need a big target in the red zone. Plus, you have Fred Davis coming off an injury, which this could be his last year here.
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

Pacman Rules
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Lawn Monster

Postby gay4pacman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

someone said it before....he is the cousins of this draft. people are skeptical about the pick and he ends up being a difference maker this year.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Location: Co. Cavan, Ireland

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:07 am

Absolutely.

We've got another weapon for RGIII and we've opened up the world of 2 TE sets for young Kyle to tget his teeth into.

This pick COULD be the one that elevates the team and Shanahan to greatness.

Simply put, if he flys than the team flys. There's just too much for a defense to cover/handle.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4187
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
The Hogster wrote:And here we go. Complaints until this dude wins a game for us. LOL


The day this camp fodder wins a game for us is the day John Riggins comes out of retirement and runs for 200 yards in a game for the Redskins... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


You kind of lost all credibility here when you called our third round pick "camp fodder".

Gotta bookmark this thread for sometime around late September.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football