Tebow - Let the discussions begin

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Tebow - Let the discussions begin

Postby rick301 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:34 am

The Jets just released Tim Tebow. Should we be looking at him?

I have always been amazed at how he could win games without superior talents like arm strength. He has the 'it' factor and plays above his talent level. (I'm thinking of when he was in Denver - the Jets are too dysfunctional so I don't place much stock in what went on there in 2012.)

I think he would be an upgrade to Pat White. TT is definitely more dynamic, and probably in better football shape. Both TT and PW should be able to run our read-option offense. I expect the Skins to open up their offense and not rely as much on the read-option, so I guess the quest comes down to who would better run the rest of the offense.

I don't see TT or PW supplanting Kurt Cousins at #2 - but either one may surpass Rex Grossman who is getting up there in age. I'm looking at next year when KC may depart for draft picks and RG could retire - if he makes the roster this year.

The down side is that I don't see carrying more than 3 QBs on the roster and perhaps 1 on the practice squad, and I believe that only PW would qualify for that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am

Wrong forum, but no chance in hell, unless as a FB.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:38 am

I think... I think I'd still keep Pat. I think he POTENTIALLY offers more utility, speed and flexibility than Tebow. Also take into consideration that the new TE Reed has h-back experience, can run the ball and has some decent QB experience.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 am

You can begin a discussion if you want, but I'm just walking on by, thank you. I'm not even going to bother mentioning the guy's name.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:You can begin a discussion if you want, but I'm just walking on by, thank you. I'm not even going to bother mentioning the guy's name.

We don't need the distraction, he's not that good.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm

rick301 wrote: ... The Jets just released Tim Tebow. Should we be looking at him?
NO

KazooSkinsFan wrote:We don't need the distraction, he's not that good.

+1 - AND I just do not see this FO or Kyle thinking that Tebow can help this franchise

it is amusing to me how often fans here will look at the possibility of what a player may do here with NO CONCEPT of what's happening with our team
Robert Griffin is a franchise QB - we are very fortunate

The Redskins FO are working hard to add players that fit the short term plan & hopefully ensure a consistently competitive franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:47 pm

I wouldn't have him QB the practice squad. IMO, Grossman is a better QB.

If he was about last year maybe we could have got him in to play safety, couldn't have been worse than Madieu....

I can't believe this has even got a thread here...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Re: Tebow - Let the discussions begin

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 pm

rick301 wrote:The Jets just released Tim Tebow. Should we be looking at him?

I can't remember who (think it might have been Irn-Bru) I got into the Timmyyy issue with a few months back, but I honestly have no clue why anyone would waste time on him as a QB. As a TE or HB, maybe, and we don't need either. He's lived off his college career accolades long enough. He definitely had the "it" factor in college. So did Eric Crouch. So did Tommy Frazier.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

emoses14 wrote:I can't remember who (think it might have been Irn-Bru)

Don't think so . . . or it would surprise me, anyway. I don't like him.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I agree w/ others' comments that Grossman is better than Tebow.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I can't remember who (think it might have been Irn-Bru)

Don't think so . . . or it would surprise me, anyway. I don't like him.

OK, my bad. Didn't have the patience to go look it up.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 am

rick301 wrote:The Jets just released Tim Tebow. Should we be looking at him?

After the HUGE circus, drama, controversy and distraction he caused in NY, let alone his poor play, the guy is untouchable by ANY NFL team for at least this season.

Guy cannot play QB and he has not shown any ability to play in any other position. I am sure the OMAHA BEEF will be happy to have him. :lol: A very appropriate name for a final destination in his "career".

If he had not marketed commercially his religious beliefs, he would simply have been called a BUST a while ago. I respect all views but I see the huge promotion this guy got from his marketing campaign and, of course, some people will follow and support him as a matter of "solidarity".
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm

I think Tebow was more victim than instigator with the hype that surrounded him and especially his Christian beliefs.

Here's my proof for that claim: RGIII has been very vocal about his faith since before he was drafted. After every TD, he crosses himself and points to the sky while he's still on the field. Nobody gets annoyed at him. Tebow would quietly go to the sidelines and kneel, but because every camera in the stadium was following him and every sportscaster felt obligated to comment, it got old and people got annoyed at him.

If you look at how Tebow handled himself in NY — that is, handled everything that was under his control — he was a model teammate and all around good guy. (At least from what I've seen.) I suspect some NFL team will give him the benefit of the doubt and bring him on board with the understanding that he'll have to do something different than merely be a QB. He's no longer the media story he once was and I'm not so sure a circus will follow him wherever he goes next.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:He's no longer the media story he once was and I'm not so sure a circus will follow him wherever he goes next.

I don't know about that. He's all the NFL Network has talked about today.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 02, 2013 7:37 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I think Tebow was more victim than instigator with the hype that surrounded him and especially his Christian beliefs.

I mostly agree.

Irn-Bru wrote:Here's my proof for that claim: RGIII has been very vocal about his faith since before he was drafted. After every TD, he crosses himself and points to the sky while he's still on the field. Nobody gets annoyed at him. Tebow would quietly go to the sidelines and kneel, but because every camera in the stadium was following him and every sportscaster felt obligated to comment, it got old and people got annoyed at him.

I can't quite go all the way with you on this. This is not scientific of me and I'll change my mind in the face of evidence but it seems to me Tebow started virtually every post-game interview with something like “First and foremost, I just want to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ” and that does not seem to be the case with RGIII. I've also heard both guys on a mic during games and Tebow is praying out loud constantly. Meanwhile, RGIII is exhorting teammates. Again, I'll gladly bow to evidence.

There's nothing wrong with it but I feel Tebow "wears his Christianity on his sleeve" much more so than RGIII.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League