What will Mara do?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

What will Mara do?

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 am

Mara took his shot at the Skins and TtiT last year and Philly called themselves the dream team...

Philly wasn't targeted by Mara and Godahell last season as they went after Mara's Divisional rivals, but what about this, this year?

“I actually took myself off the draft board during the draft,” Shepard told Moscona. “Teams started calling me probably in the middle of the 6th round asking me ‘is it true that you’ve signed with a team already,’ and I actually got it out of the way before the draft was over.”

Russell Shepard says he “signed” with Eagles during draft
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 am

Wow, that is pretty damning. Way to make your first impression, Chip. :roll:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 am

Proof that being a good athlete or coach in college is not a guarantee to avoid stupid decisions at the professional level.

I would be surprised if Mara and Goodahell waste the opportunity to punish a rival in the NFC East. :lol:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 01, 2013 10:58 am

Sounds like next year's first rounder to me. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 am

The Eagles don't need Mara's help to have another irrelevant year :D

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 01, 2013 12:25 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Nothing will happen.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm

It was just a agreement calm down people didn't become official till the next day actually .. Lol calm down

Under the rules, it doesn’t matter that it wasn’t “official” during the draft. The land rush for free agents can’t begin until the draft ends. In Shepard’s case, a verbal deal was in place with Philly during the sixth round. At some point (and that point could already be now), teams will have agreements with undrafted players in place before the draft even begins.

While any team could have disrupted the agreement between the Eagles and Shepard by drafting the player, the violation comes from the fact that the Eagles got a head start on the process. The reality is that most teams do.

It will continue until the NFL enforces the rule. And if the NFL isn’t going to enforce the rule, then the NFL should just get rid of it.

Link to quote
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby 1niksder » Thu May 02, 2013 6:27 am

By rule... you can't make a "agreement" until after the draft ends.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm

1niksder wrote:By rule... you can't make a "agreement" until after the draft ends.

It is a quote made by the player in his Tweet account. Look at the LINK.

TOTALLY illegal, for sure.

Postby 1niksder » Thu May 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
1niksder wrote:By rule... you can't make a "agreement" until after the draft ends.

It is a quote made by the player in his Tweet account. Look at the LINK.

I read the link...

He's just trying to clean up the mess he made but I don't think anyone told him what is was that he did wrong.

The correct response would have been... we didn't come to an agreement until the next day.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Around the League