2013 Projected Depth Chart

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Let me try and explain what I mean by purity as it pertains to RBs. Purity has to do with vision (seeing holes before they appear) and elusiveness (making tacklers miss). Being able to run through tackles is not a RB skill, so much as it is a product of physical power. Speed is a component of elusiveness, but it is also not a skill, so much as a physical characteristic.

You are in soooooo much trouble with a bad example that the more you post, the more you sink.

You like Royster and his style, we get that. BEST at anything? Stats would show wouldn't they? Elusiveness would pay off in yards would it not? Vision would pay off in yards, would it not?

Having the vision to find a tight spot among tackles is not a RB skill?

We definitely do not share "purity" or what makes a good RB at all. ROTFALMAO

Just because you don't understand the concept, doesn't make me wrong. When Royster was healthy, he averaged 5.9 YPC. I'd say that's statistical proof of my assessment. Barry Sanders, and Gail Sayers would be examples of the highest "purity" of RBs. I love John Riggins, and he was one of the greatest Redskins RBs of all time, but he wasn't in the top ten in terms of purity, as I've defined it for you.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:35 am

People are giving Deadskins a hard time here, but I do believe I know what he's trying to say, without actually being able to define it myself.

What's more, I think the rest of you can understand, but are just yanking his chain.

But at the end of the day, I'll take the most effective running back over the best "pure" running back, every single time.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:40 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:at the end of the day, I'll take the most effective running back over the best "pure" running back, every single time.

Me too. 8)
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:We really are improving the depth of this team.

Small point, but Hankerson over Morgan? I would be surprised if he can pull that off, but I guess one could argue that he needs to if he wants to be on this team 2-3 years from now.

I think Leonard is on the verge of being hard to keep on the sideline. Morgan is solid but doesn't make plays. He may have reached his ceiling. Even in college he was a low TD guy. I think Hankerson offers more upside. A good offseason makes him the guy IMO
SPIT HAPPENS!!

########

Postby Scottskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:32 pm

I think morris actually has pretty good vision. It may be more of a patience thing though. I've watched all the games a lot, and he seems to wait a second for the hole and then immediately hits it. I think that if morris did have top end speed, he be close to Peterson. But he doesn't lol...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Royster is not the better pure or impure running back on this team. He isn't a better RB at anything other than pass protection which is why he barely saw the field. As soon as he recognizes all of the nuances of blitzes and protection, he will probably put Royster and Helu out of work. We need an explosive back who can receive the ball and go the distance. The drafty picks show more of that ability than Royster or Helu.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 pm

The Hogster wrote:

Small point, but Hankerson over Morgan? I would be surprised if he can pull that off, but I guess one could argue that he needs to if he wants to be on this team 2-3 years from now.

I think Leonard is on the verge of being hard to keep on the sideline. Morgan is solid but doesn't make plays. He may have reached his ceiling. Even in college he was a low TD guy. I think Hankerson offers more upside. A good offseason makes him the guy IMO

I think I'd like to see them both 100% healthy and after a full offseason schedule before passing judgement. Hankerson may have a higher ceiling, but he also has a lower floor, in my opinion.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 pm

The Hogster wrote:

There's been a lot of talk that this year will be Hankerson's breakout year. Hoping this is true. Would love the same to be true for A. Robinson.

Some people have him projected as our starting KR/PR. Did he every do anything last year as a KR/PR? Curious because of his speed.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Scottskins wrote:I think morris actually has pretty good vision. It may be more of a patience thing though. I've watched all the games a lot, and he seems to wait a second for the hole and then immediately hits it. I think that if morris did have top end speed, he be close to Peterson. But he doesn't lol...

I saw him do this all year; you're spot on! I think that's what makes Morris so special if not for his strength.

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm

I hate to break up this RB argument, but does anyone know any information on that Reyes kid from Stony Brook? What's his story and if he is on a team yet? If not, who has Shanahans number to call him and tell him to sign him ASAP lol. That dude is a monster. Everyone of his hits are devastating.
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

rg3togarcon wrote:I hate to break up this RB argument, but does anyone know any information on that Reyes kid from Stony Brook? What's his story and if he is on a team yet? If not, who has Shanahans number to call him and tell him to sign him ASAP lol. That dude is a monster. Everyone of his hits are devastating.

There's a whole separate thread on him in the draft forum. Check it out...I put a link in there (thread under "Dominick Reyes...") to his Tweeter account (which he said he'd be posting news if he gets signed) and the Tweeter account to his agent.

I feel the same way about him as you do...really hope we get him

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 pm

rg3togarcon wrote:I hate to break up this RB argument, but does anyone know any information on that Reyes kid from Stony Brook? What's his story and if he is on a team yet? If not, who has Shanahans number to call him and tell him to sign him ASAP lol. That dude is a monster. Everyone of his hits are devastating.

He's still unsigned. I have no clue why.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football