Tebow - Let the discussions begin

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I think Tebow was more victim than instigator with the hype that surrounded him and especially his Christian beliefs.

I mostly agree.

Irn-Bru wrote:Here's my proof for that claim: RGIII has been very vocal about his faith since before he was drafted. After every TD, he crosses himself and points to the sky while he's still on the field. Nobody gets annoyed at him. Tebow would quietly go to the sidelines and kneel, but because every camera in the stadium was following him and every sportscaster felt obligated to comment, it got old and people got annoyed at him.

I can't quite go all the way with you on this. This is not scientific of me and I'll change my mind in the face of evidence but it seems to me Tebow started virtually every post-game interview with something like “First and foremost, I just want to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ” and that does not seem to be the case with RGIII. I've also heard both guys on a mic during games and Tebow is praying out loud constantly. Meanwhile, RGIII is exhorting teammates. Again, I'll gladly bow to evidence.

There's nothing wrong with it but I feel Tebow "wears his Christianity on his sleeve" much more so than RGIII.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, Darth.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 02, 2013 8:35 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I think Tebow was more victim than instigator with the hype that surrounded him and especially his Christian beliefs.

I mostly agree.

Irn-Bru wrote:Here's my proof for that claim: RGIII has been very vocal about his faith since before he was drafted. After every TD, he crosses himself and points to the sky while he's still on the field. Nobody gets annoyed at him. Tebow would quietly go to the sidelines and kneel, but because every camera in the stadium was following him and every sportscaster felt obligated to comment, it got old and people got annoyed at him.

I can't quite go all the way with you on this. This is not scientific of me and I'll change my mind in the face of evidence but it seems to me Tebow started virtually every post-game interview with something like “First and foremost, I just want to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ” and that does not seem to be the case with RGIII. I've also heard both guys on a mic during games and Tebow is praying out loud constantly. Meanwhile, RGIII is exhorting teammates. Again, I'll gladly bow to evidence.

There's nothing wrong with it but I feel Tebow "wears his Christianity on his sleeve" much more so than RGIII.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, Darth.

OMG! :shock: :lol:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 am

Darth and DS in agreement.. the unseen power of RG3 at work!!!

:shock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 am

Really? I think Darth and I agree most of the time. :hmm:

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 02, 2013 11:16 am

Deadskins wrote:Really? I think Darth and I agree most of the time. :hmm:

I'm not sure if I should post "Not me." or "Me too."

:mrgreen:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

I mostly agree.

OK. I definitely don't follow the news as much, so I'm just as likely to be wrong as right. I actually didn't know that Tebow began all of his press conferences that way, for example. That is much more faith-influenced hype than I thought he was doing.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby RG333 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:18 am

NOPE! Dont need the distractions

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Tebow's record as a QB in college and the NFL prove he is a winner. I remember the days of Billy Kilmer, certainly not a classic QB but he was a winner. To bad Tebow wasn't given the same opportunity.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 23, 2013 6:23 am

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 am

SKINS#1 wrote:Tebow's record as a QB in college and the NFL prove he is a winner.

maybe to some ... certainly NOT to the FO guys that really matter ... if these guys thought he could help their franchise he'd be at OTAs somewhere
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:52 am

SkinsJock wrote:
SKINS#1 wrote:Tebow's record as a QB in college and the NFL prove he is a winner.

maybe to some ... certainly NOT to the FO guys that really matter ... if these guys thought he could help their franchise he'd be at OTAs somewhere

You know, I don't often agree with your if x, if y then definitely z arguments, but in this case I do. Tim Tebow was given more chances than his skill set warranted. The fact that he was on the team that won a playoff game in denver AND STILL CAN'T SNIFF 2ND STRING WHEN HE'S DIRT CHEAP when there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd string QBs out there who is arguably "better' than is the proverbial proof in the pudding.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:11 pm

emoses14 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

You know, I don't often agree with your if x, if y then definitely z arguments, but in this case I do. Tim Tebow was given more chances than his skill set warranted. The fact that he was on the team that won a playoff game in denver AND STILL CAN'T SNIFF 2ND STRING WHEN HE'S DIRT CHEAP when there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd string QBs out there who is arguably "better' than is the proverbial proof in the pudding.

I certainly don't know why some other teams are not willing to give Tebow a look as I remember Billy Kilmer throwing the "dying duck" but he was a winner. Tebow is a better passer than Billy ever was.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon May 27, 2013 4:49 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

I certainly don't know why some other teams are not willing to give Tebow a look as I remember Billy Kilmer throwing the "dying duck" but he was a winner. Tebow is a better passer than Billy ever was.

:wink:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:58 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

I guess those other teams just really like losing not to acknowledge the obvious greatness of Tim Teblow. :roll:

/That sarcasm isnt really directed at you, but at the "tebow is just a victim" crowd
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby yupchagee » Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

Kilmer was a good passer (& runner) early in his career. He was in a major auto accident & DR's didn't even think he would walk again.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Around the League