Doug Free Will Be Cut Unless He’s Willing To Take A Pay Cut

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Doug Free Will Be Cut Unless He’s Willing To Take A Pay Cut

Postby 1niksder » Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Tim McMahon of ESPN Dallas reports that the Cowboys have presented RT Doug Free with the option of either taking a pay cut or being designated as a post-June 1 cut.
McMahon adds that Dallas would then sign one of Tyson Clabo or Eric Winston. According to McMahon, Clabo’s asking price could be out of the Cowboys price range.
Free, 29, is set to make $7 million for the upcoming season, but the going rate for free agent right tackles is considerably less than that. Winston mentioned that he’s looking for $3-4 million annually and a two-year deal, so it seems reasonable to suggest that Free may have to reduce his 2013 salary to something close to this range in order to remain with the team.

Link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri May 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Wow didn't realize Winston hasn't been picked up by anyone.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun May 05, 2013 9:33 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Wow didn't realize Winston hasn't been picked up by anyone.

I wish we had gone for him. I wonder if we could have instead of signing both Pashos and Trueblood.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

I wish we had gone for him. I wonder if we could have instead of signing both Pashos and Trueblood.

He wants around $3M to $4M per year, Pashos and Trueblood cost the team $840K ea and take up a total $1.39M in cap space.

The longer he's out there the more his asking price may drop...

Tyson Clabo just signed with the Phins today waiting to see what he got year one. That might lower the market value for RT and Winston price drop that way to.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

He wants around $3M to $4M per year, Pashos and Trueblood cost the team $840K ea and take up a total $1.39M in cap space.

The longer he's out there the more his asking price may drop...

Tyson Clabo just signed with the Phins today waiting to see what he got year one. That might lower the market value for RT and Winston price drop that way too.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Around the League