Who Do You Expect Big Things From?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 am

Our team doctor.. 100% serious too
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 07, 2013 8:41 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Back on topic: IF either of our recently drafted running backs, make the roster, then I'd expect big things from them. Thompson in particular, could be awesome.

+1

He appears to be the more quintessential "change of pace" guy. 5 foot 7, 190lbs and reportedly runs 4.3. He's a homerun hitter with explosive moves.

I didn't read he ran a 4.3, but a 4.5. Are you sure of this info?

I'm sure that I've seen both times reported, so not sure what the truth is. What is certain is that his film shows him running away from a lot of people very quickly.

Edit: a quick re-read of some scouting reports provides a consensus of 4.4 in the 40.

+1

The article that I read said that prior to his injury, he was a "sub 4.4" guy. In addition to his speed, his quickness and acceleration seem off the charts.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 am

I think his game film speaks more than enough for his "game speed".
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 07, 2013 12:27 pm

This is a tough question to answer. I would distinguish between the people I am really hoping will have a big year versus who I think will in fact have a big year.

I am really hoping for Merriweather, Orakpo, and Garcon to have big seasons — key positions that, if they play at a Pro Bowl level, will make us serious contenders late in the year. However, all three players strike me as people who never quite deliver at or above what their potential suggests — I'm not blaming any of them, but I just don't think they've demonstrated the ability to produce a consistent, dominating season.

The players that I think will actually have a big year are RGIII, who can work his way through almost any adversity and IMO won't hit a sophomore slump, Trent Williams, and Phillip Thomas.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football