We're #2... but if...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

We're #2... but if...

Postby 1niksder » Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Seahawks lead the league in PED suspensions since 2010

The Seahawks are number one — in performance enhancing substance suspensions.

Bruce Irvin’s suspension Friday was the fifth for the team since coach Pete Carroll took charge in 2010, and that doesn’t count Richard Sherman’s successful appeal.

And according to Mike Sando of ESPN.com, that’s the highest total in the league during that span.

Two other teams, the Broncos and Giants, have had four suspensions each, while the Patriots, Redskins, Bengals, Texans and Rams are tied for fourth with three each.

The Skins are second only to "that team in the other Washington" :wink: when it comes to drug suspensions since 2010...

but....

if you drop the the first year (2010) the Redskins account for almost 15% (14.6%) of all drug suspensions in the NFL since 2011, and lead the NFL

Are you concerned? .... it appears to have picked up after Vinny left and players could no longer get high on being paid lots of money.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Re: We're #2... but if...

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon May 20, 2013 6:38 pm

1niksder wrote:Seahawks lead the league in PED suspensions since 2010

The Seahawks are number one — in performance enhancing substance suspensions.

Bruce Irvin’s suspension Friday was the fifth for the team since coach Pete Carroll took charge in 2010, and that doesn’t count Richard Sherman’s successful appeal.

And according to Mike Sando of ESPN.com, that’s the highest total in the league during that span.

Two other teams, the Broncos and Giants, have had four suspensions each, while the Patriots, Redskins, Bengals, Texans and Rams are tied for fourth with three each.

The Skins are second only to "that team in the other Washington" :wink: when it comes to drug suspensions since 2010...

but....

if you drop the the first year (2010) the Redskins account for almost 15% (14.6%) of all drug suspensions in the NFL since 2011, and lead the NFL

Are you concerned? .... it appears to have picked up after Vinny left and players could no longer get high on being paid lots of money.

Is "Scared Straight" still being aired? I'd say our FO just send the batch of suspect players down there for a couple weeks. Some can stay months lol

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am

I'm not too worried. The sample sizes are so small that I'm not sure trends are really significant.

The Redskins' suspensions basically break down to (1) Williams and Davis getting high and (2) some marginal players trying to get an edge to make the team and contribute. If I was a Seahawks fan, whose big-name players have been caught not just for pot but for performance enhancing drugs, I'd be much more worried.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 21, 2013 11:49 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I'm not too worried. The sample sizes are so small that I'm not sure trends are really significant.

The Redskins' suspensions basically break down to (1) Williams and Davis getting high and (2) some marginal players trying to get an edge to make the team and contribute. If I was a Seahawks fan, whose big-name players have been caught not just for pot but for performance enhancing drugs, I'd be much more worried.

Don't forget Tanard Jackson.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I'm not too worried. The sample sizes are so small that I'm not sure trends are really significant.

I didn't.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I didn't.

You didn't include him in (1).

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue May 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I didn't.

Jackson's violation is still reported as unknown, and I've heard it wasn't weed the last time.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 21, 2013 3:04 pm

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I didn't.

Jackson's violation is still reported as unknown, and I've heard it wasn't weed the last time.

I'm pretty sure it was reported as weed when the suspension was first handed down. Anyhoo, it doesn't have to be weed to qualify as "getting high."

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Oh, OK, I thought that it was a performance enhancing drug for Jackson, so I was thinking he was in my group (2). Now that you mention it, DS, I do recall reading that it was rumored to be marijuana.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Oh, OK, I thought that it was a performance enhancing drug for Jackson, so I was thinking he was in my group (2).

That certainly explains it. My bad.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 pm

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I didn't.

Over-sized hairspray can in the locker room :lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football