RG3 already taking snaps at OTAs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

RG3 already taking snaps at OTAs

Postby spudstr04 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 am

I know that this isn't huge news, but when I saw the pic, I couldn't believe it. I know that he's only in shorts and a helmet, but just the fact that he's on the field with the team throwing passes is AWESOME!

http://statigr.am/p/462221451322340492_17262188

The link is to the Instagram for the Redskins
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 am

Wow! #HTTR

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 am

Holden from Holden and Danny said he has video of RG3 running. It's on his twitter account.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:40 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... s-my-knee/

RGIII: Knee 'Feels Great', Targeting Participation in Camp
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 pm

You know... I'm ok with it if RGIII wants to wait until like August or whatever to go throw with his teammates. :)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Surprised this wasn't blown up a little more here... It was all over ESPN today, with pressers from RG3 and Shanny. Saw RG3 for sure making passes and running off when he was done practicing. Albeit nerve racking to watch, the kid looks like he hasn't missed a beat!!
#beastmode
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm

there is no doubt that the surgery went well

there is no doubt that the rehab period went well

there is no doubt that the stem cell stuff that Dr Andrews used went well

there has never been any doubt that RG3 would be back and be better than before

NONE :D

the only interesting part of all this will be the timing of the return .. that will be 'played' to the fullest extent by Mike - NO DOUBT :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri May 24, 2013 12:07 am

spudstr04 wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/05/23/griffin-the-only-thing-that-needed-repair-was-my-knee/

RGIII: Knee 'Feels Great', Targeting Participation in Camp

Great link!

Was pretty cool to see pic 10 in the slideshow...Helu catching a pass from RG3.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:25 am

RG3 and adrian peterson are men.....derrick rose is a boy

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 am

SkinsJock, I don't know about the "no doubt" thing about the surgery itself. But I'll admit I've never had any doubt that RGIII will work his *** off to get back and play.

Seeing him out there at OTAs like this though is stunning. I'm a little surprised the coaching staff would even allow it. Anybody else?

My one concern with RGIII is that he is such a superman. I'm sure he is eager to get back, put that injury behind him and prove to everybody that he's better than ever. Just don't want to see him rush it and set himself back!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 am

riggofan wrote:SkinsJock, I don't know about the "no doubt" thing about the surgery itself. But I'll admit I've never had any doubt that RGIII will work his *** off to get back and play.

Seeing him out there at OTAs like this though is stunning. I'm a little surprised the coaching staff would even allow it. Anybody else?

My one concern with RGIII is that he is such a superman. I'm sure he is eager to get back, put that injury behind him and prove to everybody that he's better than ever. Just don't want to see him rush it and set himself back!

RG3 will NOT be allowed to do anything outside of what the Dr and Mike want him to do
I heard that he was throwing to Davis and others, not actually 'in the action', so to speak ...

from what we heard soon after the surgery by Dr Andrews ... the Dr felt that, all things considered, and that he was able to use the stem cells to aid in the recovery and rehab, RG3's prognosis was the same as AP's - I also took it from what Dr Andrews said - RG3 benefitted from the time between the 2 operations .. AND .. that he (RG3) would be helped in rehabbing by having gone through training for the olympics ...

I felt that given the determination and desire that RG3 has always had, + that the knee operation went well according to Dr Andrews - we were going to see a complete recovery - actually, last season's 'experience' PLUS the rehabbing process gave him added incentive to prove that he's as good as before if not better

I think that RG3 is an unbelievable athlete with incredible desire to be great

I look for him to be wiser about the things he does on the field but I don't believe he can be as careful about how he plays, as many would like, or think he should be - THAT is not in his DNA - he will not change the way he plays, much at all - he WILL be a lot more conscious of what is happening and I think the play calling will try and mitigate the chance of his getting hurt ...

RG3 is RG3 because that is what he does and will continue to do

FASTER and WISER = RG3 in 2013 :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:12 am

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 will NOT be allowed to do anything outside of what the Dr and Mike want him to do
I heard that he was throwing to Davis and others, not actually 'in the action', so to speak ...

Yeah I don't doubt that. Just found it kind of surprising that he was allowed to be out there at all. I don't see the rush right now.

They're the professionals though!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football