2nd OTA

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

2nd OTA

Postby DarthMonk » Fri May 31, 2013 7:18 pm

Kirk Cousins - QB - Redskins
Kirk Cousins has been taking snaps out of the Pistol formation in Redskins OTAs.
Cousins' athleticism is not a strong suit, but he's not a statue. It's an indication the Redskins aren't planning to totally scrap their innovative offense if Robert Griffin III (knee surgery) isn't ready for Week 1. That being said, coach Mike Shanahan will be forced to operate out of a far more traditional base if Cousins is pressed into action.
Source: Washington Post May 31 - 12:28 PM


Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins
Robert Griffin (ACL, LCL surgery) expects to be a more patient passer this season.
"Being slowed down by the knee kind of slowed the game down for me because I had to slow down and it made me have to get through a lot of my reads," Griffin said. "That is what I am looking forward to doing this upcoming season is getting through every single option that I need to get through and while at the same time still being able to use my legs as a weapon." There's no doubt the Redskins are going to dial back RGIII's designed runs, so improvement in the pocket will be a must. It's not as if RGIII is going to be an entirely different player, however.
Source: CSN Washington May 31 - 12:22 PM

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins
Redskins third-round TE Jordan Reed (leg) has yet to practice at OTAs, and doesn't expect to be cleared for June's minicamp.
Reed expects to be cleared in three weeks, which would have him just missing minicamp, but ready for training camp. "It’s going good," Reed said Thursday. "I’m getting stronger, getting my muscle back. That’s all I really need to do: get my muscle back and I’ll be all set." Reed could fight for targets as a rookie with Fred Davis coming back from a torn Achilles', but he's not off to a great start.
Source: CSN Washington May 31 - 11:39 AM


Pierre Garcon - WR - Redskins
Pierre Garcon doesn't anticipate "any problems" with his surgically-repaired shoulder, but is less certain about his troublesome foot.
Garcon also revealed he injured his shoulder in Washington's Wild Card loss to Seattle. "The shoulder is good." Garcon is more pessimistic about his foot. "I can’t predict what’s going to happen or how it’s going to be," he said. "But I’m going to continue to rehab it and continue to work at it and continue to monitor it." Garcon is shaping up as a high-risk, high-reward fantasy pick.
Source: Washington Post May 31 - 9:30 AM

Alfred Morris - RB - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan says Alfred Morris is in better shape this year.
Despite reporting to OTAs 10 pounds heavier (five of which he's already lost), Shanahan says his workhorse back "looks great" and "is in better shape" than he was for last year's camp. He also praised Morris for approaching practice the right way, and competing at a high level. As long as he stays healthy, Morris is in for another big season.
Source: Washington Examiner May 30 - 7:02 PM


Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan says WR Aldrick Robinson has had "one heck of a camp," referring to OTA practices.
Robinson, a 2011 sixth-round pick out of SMU, came out of nowhere to catch four passes for 52 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 last season, but ended up catching just seven more passes all season. A legit deep threat, as evidenced by 49- and 68-yard touchdowns last season, Robinson will compete with Leonard Hankerson and washed-up Santana Moss for No. 3 duties this season.
Source: Chris Russell on Twitter May 30 - 4:35 PM

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins
Robert Griffin (ACL, LCL surgery) has progressed to running on his surgically-repaired knee.
RG3 was reportedly sprinting the length of the field, while his teammates performed special teams drills during Thursday's OTA practice. Griffin said "I was kind of explosive sprinting there," but added it won't be until next month when he begins to do "explosive sprinting and cutting." His recovery remains ahead of schedule.
Source: Washington Examiner May 30 - 2:32 PM


Maurice Hurt - G - Redskins
Redskins G Maurice Hurt is having his knee scoped Thursday.
Hurt will almost certainly be sidelined for the rest of OTAs and mandatory minicamp in two weeks, but he should be back in plenty of time for training camp. The 25-year-old appeared in 13 games last season, starting one.
Source: Mike Jones on Twitter May 30 - 1:06 PM

Brian Orakpo - LB - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan said OLB Brian Orakpo (pectoral) "looks as good as ever."
Orakpo tore his pectoral in Week 2 last season, landing on injured reserve. He's now 100 percent. "He's had no setback at all," Shanahan said. "He's been going full speed over the last four weeks. He looks as good as ever. Right now, you can tell it's completely healed and we'll keep our fingers crossed that there's no setback." Orakpo has 30 sacks in his first 49 NFL games.
Source: Real Redskins May 28 - 10:31 AM


Fred Davis - TE - Redskins
Fred Davis admitted he received very little interest on the open market before re-signing with the Redskins.
Coming off an Achilles' tear, Davis visited with the Bills, Jets and Browns. But he settled for a meager one-year, $2.5M contract with the Redskins while watching the likes of Jared Cook, Martellus Bennett and Delanie Walker land lucrative multi-year contracts in free agency. Davis, who says he's 90 percent right now, will be highly motivated to prove himself once again. Still just 27, there's room for him to land a significant contract in 2014.
Source: Washington Times May 28 - 8:49 AM

Robert Griffin III - QB - Redskins
Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) has consulted Adrian Peterson about his recovery.
Peterson, of course, set the gold standard for knee rehabs with his lighting-quick return and subsequent domination last season. RGIII said he won't seek to emulate AD's return, however. "I’m not Adrian. Adrian’s not me," Griffin said. "Everybody’s body heals a little bit differently." Thus far, RGIII appears on pace with Peterson's already-legendary recovery, but as we've been saying all offseason, it will be hard to truly gauge where he's at before training camp.
Related: Adrian Peterson
Source: Washington Post May 27 - 12:16 PM


Roy Helu - RB - Redskins
Redskins RB Roy Helu (Achilles' tendon, toe surgery) "expects" to be ready for training camp.
The injury-prone 2011 fourth-rounder is sitting out OTAs after undergoing surgery in February. Helu isn't worried about the Redskins drafting two running backs. "I can’t control that, and I can’t blame them," Helu said. "I got into the procedure late, so you’ve got to plan (for the future). I don’t blame our organization at all." CSN Washington believes Helu and No. 154 pick Chris Thompson are fighting for the same roster spot. Helu isn't going to get any breaks in camp.
Source: Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star May 27 - 10:54 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15740
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: 2nd OTA

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan says WR Aldrick Robinson has had "one heck of a camp," referring to OTA practices.
Robinson, a 2011 sixth-round pick out of SMU, came out of nowhere to catch four passes for 52 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 last season, but ended up catching just seven more passes all season. A legit deep threat, as evidenced by 49- and 68-yard touchdowns last season, Robinson will compete with Leonard Hankerson and washed-up Santana Moss for No. 3 duties this season.
Source: Chris Russell on Twitter May 30 - 4:35 PM

:shock:
Um, Chris, you might want to watch your back next time you're at Redskin Park.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: 2nd OTA

Postby DarthMonk » Fri May 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan says WR Aldrick Robinson has had "one heck of a camp," referring to OTA practices.
Robinson, a 2011 sixth-round pick out of SMU, came out of nowhere to catch four passes for 52 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 last season, but ended up catching just seven more passes all season. A legit deep threat, as evidenced by 49- and 68-yard touchdowns last season, Robinson will compete with Leonard Hankerson and washed-up Santana Moss for No. 3 duties this season.
Source: Chris Russell on Twitter May 30 - 4:35 PM

:shock:
Um, Chris, you might want to watch your back next time you're at Redskin Park.


No kiddin'. Fightin' words for sure.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: 2nd OTA

Postby mastdark81 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Aldrick Robinson - WR - Redskins
Coach Mike Shanahan says WR Aldrick Robinson has had "one heck of a camp," referring to OTA practices.
Robinson, a 2011 sixth-round pick out of SMU, came out of nowhere to catch four passes for 52 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 last season, but ended up catching just seven more passes all season. A legit deep threat, as evidenced by 49- and 68-yard touchdowns last season, Robinson will compete with Leonard Hankerson and washed-up Santana Moss for No. 3 duties this season.
Source: Chris Russell on Twitter May 30 - 4:35 PM

:shock:
Um, Chris, you might want to watch your back next time you're at Redskin Park.


Thats disrespectful! Moss surely is passed his prime but still a solid player and helped us get to the playoffs last year. No wonder he doesnt talk often to the media here if thats what Chris Russell truly said.

No kiddin'. Fightin' words for sure.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4193
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:37 am

Yeah wtf was the point of that comment? What a jerk.

^^^^^^^
Posts: 8987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:14 am

Did he actually say that?

---
User avatar
Posts: 18554
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 am

OP, do you have a source for that quote?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

swine
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 am
Location: Shenandoah Valley

Postby oj » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:55 am

Who is Chris Russell? and why bother with that quote as it is just plain stupid wrong.
Molon Labe

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football